The WebOS Internals' homebrew app Save/Restore is great to backup your important application data in case you ever need to webOS Doctor you device, swap it out with a new device, or even transfer data between a phone and TouchPad. When the app was initially released, you were required to manually run the "save" process. However, an auto-save option was added in quite some time ago to perform this function for you on a regular basis, without any intervention on your part (well, some manual intervention was still required. See below)
To set up Save/Restore auto save:
- Open Save/Restore
- Wait for the app to load up all the scripts and when once done, swipe down from the top-left to bring down the Application dropdown menu and select "Preferences"
- If not already set, toggle "AUTO SAVE" to on
- Select the desired time to perform the backup, and choose "Every N Days" to your desired frequency. Choosing "1" will save every day
- Swipe back to exit (or press the back arrow on the TouchPad)
- A dashboard notification will appear with the time of the next backup
The only caveat to this process, as alluded to above, is that the auto save will only work for those items that you already have at least one backup for. In other words, if you haven't saved the data for a given app at least once, it will not be a part of the auto save. Therefore, every so often, it is a good idea to open up Save/Restore, choose "Save Application Data" and manually run a save of all available scripts.
View the full article