Quantcast

Slate Cloud Plum Berry Lawn Lime Orange Coco

Welcome webOS Fan, Sign Up Free!

Create Account Sign In
This is LG webOS, which stands for "Lets Go webOS", a site dedicated to webOS and its fans. Like most online communities you must register to take part and post in this forum. This is a fast and free process that requires minimal information from you. Be a part of LG webOS by signing in or creating an account. You can also use your Facebook or Twitter account to make it even easier!

Photo

TimeMachine II on USA televisions.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 stephenlnoe

stephenlnoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted December 28, 2014 - 10:19 PM

Does anyone in the USA have time machine 2 on their 2014 smarttv?  I do not have it in my menus and want to record over the air television.  LG claims it's unavailable in the US because of anti piracy laws but I think that's BS.  I have a PVR which records football games every weekend from OTA antenna.

#2 Ajay

Ajay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted December 31, 2014 - 06:21 PM

A simple solution is to change the country to another.

#3 stephenlnoe

stephenlnoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted December 31, 2014 - 08:21 PM

Just select 'Others'?

#4 stephenlnoe

stephenlnoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted December 31, 2014 - 09:01 PM

I tried to change the country to "others' and there were no new menus available to me where time machine 2 was referenced.  Has anyone got time machine 2 to work in the USA?

#5 Ajay

Ajay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted December 31, 2014 - 09:19 PM

Try it with Spain, for me it's working.

#6 stephenlnoe

stephenlnoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted December 31, 2014 - 10:09 PM

My choices are USA, Canada, Mexico and Other countries.  I have an LG 55LB6500 - UM.  I don't know how to get to spain.  Do you know how to on this TV?

#7 Ajay

Ajay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted January 01, 2015 - 05:57 AM

I also have LB650V Model, you have to go to Settings>General>Location. Then you can try change it to spain and it will work.

#8 stephenlnoe

stephenlnoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted January 01, 2015 - 09:51 AM

Excuse me and thank you for helping but I do not have a spain or any other EU country.  My choices on this TV are:  USA, Canada, Mexico and Other.  I put it on "Other" and restarted the TV but it did not show any time machine functions.  Do you have any other suggestion please?

#9 Michael Ryan Thomson

Michael Ryan Thomson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted January 11, 2015 - 01:31 AM

The lg country codes are evidently hard wired in when shipped in different regions. I've been trying the same just to get Netflix which is t technically available in new Zealand, and no matter what I try I'm still restricted to countries in this vicinity. As far as my reading goes there really is no way to change the actual region code within the set. Sad, stupid, but true. Thanks LG.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users