Quantcast

Slate Cloud Plum Berry Lawn Lime Orange Coco

Welcome webOS Fan, Sign Up Free!

Create Account Sign In
This is LG webOS, which stands for "Lets Go webOS", a site dedicated to webOS and its fans. Like most online communities you must register to take part and post in this forum. This is a fast and free process that requires minimal information from you. Be a part of LG webOS by signing in or creating an account. You can also use your Facebook or Twitter account to make it even easier!

Photo

Bring back the Pre 3!!!

hp pre 3 palm pre

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Alex

Alex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 314 posts

Posted May 27, 2013 - 11:59 AM

If I had to wish for someting, it would be the HP Pre 3 but as an LG Pre 4 with even better hardware and 4G LTE!

#2 Alex

Alex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 314 posts

Posted June 30, 2013 - 02:07 PM

Maybe the Pre 4 could be a slab with a slide out horizontal keyboard like the first Motorola Droid...

#3 treacl

treacl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 06:39 AM

There are many others to mimic - would a future Pre 3/4 be a follower OR leader?

#4 Alex

Alex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 314 posts

Posted July 24, 2013 - 06:37 AM

There are many others to mimic - would a future Pre 3/4 be a follower OR leader?

Good point, its more nostalgia for me... :P  A nice slab phone at this point would be great...anything at this point would be great...

#5 Michael R.

Michael R.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted December 29, 2013 - 08:17 PM

Good point, its more nostalgia for me... :P  A nice slab phone at this point would be great...anything at this point would be great...

Everyone has a slab phone. The physical keyboards of the WebOS phones set them apart. I wore out my Veer and was looking for something similar. There isn't anything. Everything is a slab phone and they just keep getting bigger. For people who use their phones for work, the go-to apps are e-mail and texting. I need a physical keyboard for that because of the constant errors of virtual ones. I also need a phone that is a comfortable size to carry in my pocket. A 5" screen isn't what I need. The only reason Blackberry is still in business is because HP's CEO's were too dense to realize that is what they were going after. The need is still there. There is even less competition. Motorola used to have 'Pro' versions of their Android phones with keyboards, but no longer. Why not go after the niche market that wants a smaller phone with a physical keyboard? Why not target Blackberry? Why not just usurp Hurd's WebOS strategy, since HP could no longer understand it once he left?

WebOS phones weren't the strategy with WebOS, Synergy was. The corporate market was the target. HP had WebOS running on phones, tablets, laptops, desktops, and printers. By using Synergy to simplify corporate phone and computer configurations, HP planned on selling a lot of computers, phones, tablets, and most importantly, Synergy servers and services.

This message took twice as long to type on a tablet with a virtual keyboard than it would have taken on my Veer.

#6 Alex

Alex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 314 posts

Posted December 29, 2013 - 10:32 PM

I did like my pre 2. Never got a pre 3... But my 2 served very well and I liked the keyboard. Used a pixi for a while with that keyboard as well. I agree that differentiating would be the way to go.

#7 Alex

Alex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 314 posts

Posted April 08, 2014 - 09:11 PM

Its interesting to see that the blackberry-like keyboard by seacrest was taken to court. There must be some perceived need or value for that type of mobile interface.

Source: http://www.vancouver...2974/story.html

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hp pre 3, palm pre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users