Quantcast

PreCentral: webOS Nation moboot theme now available for everyone

webOS Nation moboot theme now available for everyone

So you've used our 

link hidden, please login to view
and installed Android on your TouchPad. You may have even spiced up Android by changing the task switcher to the . Even with all that work done you still have not completely "tricked out" your TouchPad until you have installed our brand new theme for your moboot screen. 

Moboot is what the guys on the Cyanogenmod team created that allows TouchPad owners to dual boot their devices. Without this nifty little program you wouldn't have an easy way to switch back and forth between Android and webOS. With as great as moboot is and as much as we appreciate the hard work of the developers we have to say moboot leaves a lot to be desired in the esthetics department! Luckily ReverendKJR on the Rootzwiki forums did a little conversing with moboot creator jcsullins and came up with a way to theme the ugly black screen for moboot. 

After reading ReverndKJR's easy instructions on how to build a moboot theme we decided to build our own and share it with our awesome readers. So without further ado we give you the official webOS Nation moboot theme.

Installation

Note: Must be using moboot 0.3.5

The process of installing our theme (or any moboot theme for that matter) is very straightforward. Simply we have put together for you onto the root of your device. If downloading from a computer plug your TouchPad into the computer with your USB cable then drag and drop the zip file onto the root of your device. Remember the download location of the zip file to make it easy to find later. 

Once you have downloaded the zip file safely to your device boot your TouchPad into ClockworkMod Recovery. After you have ClockworkMod Recovery up use your volume rocker to highlight  "install zip from sdcard" and then select it with the back button at the bottom of your TouchPad. Now the first option highlighted should be "choose zip from sdcard" so go ahead and press the back button again to select that option. Once again use your volume rocker to move to the file where you have stored the theme zip file (more than likely the "Download" folder) and press the back button to select and enter that folder. Again using the volume rocker highlight the theme zip and hit the back button to select and install the webOS Nation theme. 

After installing the theme you can go back to the home menu screen of ClockworkMod recovery and select "reboot system now" to complete the process. Once your TouchPad has rebooted you should now see our awesome moboot theme instead of the dreadful old black one. If for any reason you wish to go back to the stock moboot theme jcsullins has that will revert moboot to its original state. All you will have to do is install that zip the same way you installed our theme and everything will be back to the way it was. 

mf.gif

a2t.imgIOz54LX3OCg