Quantcast

PreCentral: Best webOS Apps for Kids

Best webOS Apps for Kids

One of the best things that ever happen to webOS was the fire sale. It made TouchPad available and affordable for everyone. Which comes to my next point, the price point of 99.00 to 149.00 made it easy for not only adults, but for kids who wanted their first tablet during the season. So with such responsibility of owning a TouchPad comes finding the right apps for the children. To not only entertain, but keep them out of mom’s hair while she’s .

mf.gif

a2t.imgASXpRGeoClk

link hidden, please login to view

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By mradyali
      we are developing player for LG,  we want to get available subtitles  for the VOD, like this one

link hidden, please login to view textTracks() didn't return any result , is their any custom API or internal call to get them?
      Note :  audioTracks() work like  charm.
    • By Justin Tan
      Found multiplex application that use letsencrypt stop working in 30 September 2021 on LG WebOS 3.5. This appear to be wide spread multiplex version of WEBOS. 
      See 
      AND 

link hidden, please login to view As PLEX blaming to be LG fault. LG please provide solution to only 2 year old TV
      LG
      Our current app is available on 4K/UHD LG television models running the following system software:
      webOS 3.0 webOS 3.5 webOS 4.0 webOS 5.0 No 720p or 1080p (“full HD”) sets are supported for our current app at this time.
      Note: Due to root certificate limitations with the device OS itself, only webOS 5.0+ devices support secure connections with a personal Plex Media Server. To allow connections to a personal server, devices running earlier webOS versions must be set to Allow Insecure Connections in the TV app settings and the Plex Media Server must be set to Preferred for the Secure Connections preference.
    • By News Reporter
      One of the hot spots for hipsters in Seoul, is a perfect destination for zoomers and Instagrammers craving fresh, new experiences. A busy industrial area in years gone by, the district is now a vibrant hub of creative energy and unexpected charm; its abandoned warehouses and factories reborn as Instagram-worthy cafes and shops. Right now, one of the area’s main attractions is the Goldstar Arcade, a pop-up retro gaming parlor opened by LG Electronics (LG) inside a suitably cutting-edge fashion concept store.

Open from October 21 to December 19 this year, LG’s Goldstar Arcade features “Newtro,” the innovative combining of retro and modern sensibilities to deliver a variety of all-new experiences. Visitors can explore several different zones, including the OLED Gaming Zone and Lifestyle Experience Zone. And once they’re done gaming, they can relax in the arcade’s chic café, which sells delectable treats and exclusive merchandise.

Reminiscent of an old-school game arcade, the OLED Gaming Zone is where visitors can play nostalgic arcade classics and newer console titles on LG’s stellar OLED TVs. With their powerful gaming performance and immaculate picture quality, the company’s next-gen TVs have what it takes to instantly turn any gamer into a fan.

Additionally, the arcade boasts the Self-Lit Tunnel, which represents the self-illuminating pixels that give LG OLED TV its vibrant colors, deep blacks and superb contrast. Visitors pass through the tunnel to get to the OLED Gaming Zone, where they can unwind by gaming on one of the 10 state-of-the-art LG OLED TVs installed there. Anyone who loves racing games should definitely pull in to LG’s “victory lane,” where three 48-inch LG OLED TVs are seamlessly connected to give players a very real sense of being in the cockpit of a ridiculously fast race car.

Inspired by 1970’s American diners, the café adds to the unique vibe of the Goldstar Arcade. As well as being a great place to recoup before the next race, match or battle, the café is also where visitors can head to buy exclusive merchandise, including canvas tote bags, tea mugs and tumblers, all emblazoned with the logo of LG’s precursor, Goldstar.
      With engaging, interactive experiences like those on offer at the Goldstar Arcade, LG will continue to connect with younger consumers while highlighting the unmatched performance and capabilities of its industry-leading OLED TVs.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Jjufyu23
      Hi,
      I'd like to easily stream/cast some movie files (.mkv, .mp4 etc...) on my Ubuntu 21.04 PC to a LG Smart TV having WebOS 4.9.x.
      Both TV and PC are connected on the same LAN network via ethernet cable!
      My router does not provide any UPnP feature!
      I tried to use (with no success):
      - Kodi - enabled UPnP/DLNA and shared my library, then right clicked on a movie and ran "Play using", selected "TV" but I was not able to see anything on my LG TV (i went to Movies and Photos and did not see any remote device or other stuff) (does this method nroamlly work? Maybe there is something wrong with my Kodi / Router configuration? What screen do I have to access on the LG TV to see the DLNA devices?)
      - Integrated Ubuntu "Media Sharing" (see https://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2020/04/home-media-server-ubuntu-2004/) - same as above, I could not see any device from the TV when this option is enabled
      - VLC UPnP feature - same as above
      What options do I have, without buying any additional device like Chromecast, Raspberry PI etc...?
    • By ROSSMAN
      I am creating a streaming application, where user can access a list of mkv files from my server, Mkv is not supported in web browsers and it is not loading properly within my webOS web app.
      I cannot modify my files to another video format.
      Is there a native player for LG WebOS that I can embed into my web application ?
      Is there any video player with web sdk to play mkv on a smart tv.
      Ps: my videos are working well on chrome, as for Firefox or Safari, it tells me that the format is not supported.