Quantcast

PreCentral: Best webOS Movie and Video Apps

Best Movie Apps on webOS

Popcorn check, Slurpee check, chocolate covered peanuts check, sweetheart check; and finally tickets to the hottest movie in the country, check. You’re all set to take your seat in the darkened theater, and as the lights lower, you know it makes happy you planned all of this on your webOS device.

We know there are not many apps in the webOS catalog, but what we do have will serve the purpose of an entertaining night out; and for planning for a comfortable night in. So we invite you to peruse the fine selection of apps we found just for you.

mf.gif

a2t.imgaMCDvoWJf5s

link hidden, please login to view

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      With the health of the environment arguably one of the most pressing concerns in the world today, it is a good time to take stock, reflect and give serious thought to how we can all do our part to create a more sustainable future. In the consumer electronics industry, LG continues to show its commitment to protecting the planet and delivering a better life for all by reducing the environmental impact of its innovations at every stage of the product lifecycle.

The latest home entertainment solutions from LG serve as fine examples of the company’s efforts to provide maximum user convenience at minimal cost to the Earth. Emblematic of this goal, LG OLED TVs deliver stunning viewing experiences while using a smaller number of components and offering greater recyclability than their LCD counterparts. LG’s self-emissive displays don’t require a backlight like LCD TVs, and because they have fewer parts overall, there is less to recycle and dispose of. For example, the 65-inch LG OLED evo C2 model uses just 40 percent of the plastic of its LCD TV equivalent (model 65UQ80).

The eco-conscious qualities of LG’s 2022 OLED TVs have been recognized by one of the world’s foremost providers of testing, inspection and certification services, attaining Société Générale de Surveillance SA (SGS) Eco-Product recognition.1 The select 2022 LG OLED evo TVs will display the Carbon Trust’s product carbon footprint label for reducing CO2 throughout the entire product lifecycle.2 Moreover, they also achieved validation to the UL 2809 Environmental Claim Validation Procedure (ECVP) for Recycled Content Standard from global safety science leader, UL, which confirms these products are indeed as environmentally responsible as advertised.3
      For its 2022 OLED TVs4, LG has adopted the use of a new composite fiber material that helps reduce product weight. Additionally, the packaging used for the latest LG OLED TVs is made for recyclable materials and features single-color printing to further save on energy and resources.

The LG Soundbar lineup also reveals the company’s dedication to environmentally-conscious design. Its sophisticated audio solutions utilize reused and easily recyclable materials, consume only a small amount of power when in use and ship in sustainable packaging. And to top it off, every 2022 LG Soundbar model has received SGS Eco-Product certification in recognition of their environmental impact.

Furthermore, this year’s soundbars are comprised of parts that have been fabricated from recycled plastic resin. The amount of recycled material used in LG’s new soundbars has been confirmed by UL’s ECVP for Recycled Content Standard and many of LG’s 2022 soundbars also feature a polyester jersey fabric that meets the Global Recycled Standard (GRS).5 What’s more, 2022 LG Soundbars are ENERGY STAR® certified thanks to their efficient use of power.

By considering the impact our actions have on the environment, and finding better, more sustainable ways to get things done, we can all help to bring about positive change. As a leader in home entertainment innovation, LG will continue to do its part to protect the planet and pave the way to a brighter tomorrow.
      # # #
      1 The 2022 LG OLED Z2, G2, C2, B2 and A2 Series received SGS Eco-Product certification.
      2 LG OLED evo 65-inch G2 and C2 models achieved the Carbon Trust’s Reducing CO2 label, while the 55-, 77- and 83-inch G2 models as well as the 42-, 48-, 55-, 77- and 83-inch C2 models received its Measured CO2 label. Only applied in markets/regions participating in the Carbon Trust’s labelling program.
      3 ECVP applies to LG OLED evo 55-, 65-, 77- and 83-inch G2 models as well as 42-,48-,55-,65-,77- and 83-inch C2 models
      4 A new composite fiber material applied to the 2022 LG OLED TV 55-, 65- and 77-inch G2 models, 42-, 55-, 65- and 77-inch C2 models and 77-inch A2 models.
      5 Materials certified by UL 2809 Environmental Claim Validation Procedure (ECVP) for recycled content applies to 2022 LG Soundbar models S95QR, S90QY, S80QR, S80QY, S75Q, S65Q, S60Q, S40Q, SH7Q, SPQ8-S. Amount of recycled fabric varies by model and LG Soundbar models, which come with polyester jersey fabric made from recyled material that meets Global Recycled Standard, are S95QR, S90QY, S80QR, S80QY, S65Q, S60Q, S40Q, SH7Q.

• By [email protected]
      I have a couple of LG OLEDs in shared spaces, with external speakers, one via optical and the other via analog jack (confusingly named headphones). Whenever bluetooth headphones are used and then disconnected, the TV reverts to "internal" terrible audio. For non-technical people this is permanent. Do I have to train everyone to select the device from the long list or can I set a default?

• By David Daul
      My magic remote and my Roku remote stopped working for turning off power so I performed a factory reset after troubleshooting to get the remote working.  I am now stuck at the 1st screen of the Factory Reset which says "Press the OK Button(wheel) on your remote."  Well... this really stinks because the remote doesn't work!!!  I have tried a USB mouse, a new magic remote, other LG Remotes with no luck.  I have also tried using the button on the bottom of the tv.  And, I contacted support which was just an exercise in redoing everything I had already tried... No Luck!!
      This is a Nano Cell 55NANO81ANA which is basically just a big brick now since I cannot even use any of the inputs.  Does anyone have a trick for getting past this initial screen???
      Thanks for the help.
    • By News Reporter
      The last two years have taken a real toll on people’s physical and mental wellbeing, with prolonged social-distancing measures pushing outdoor activities and international travel out of the reach. As we continue to spend most of our time home, hobbies that can be carried out in the comfort of our home are all the rage, like indoor gardening which can help improve one’s mental resilience and physical well-being through the growing of plants that clean the air and make living spaces more beautiful and relaxing.

In line with this emerging home gardening trend, LG unveiled LG tiiun, an indoor gardening appliance, at CES 2022. The first prototype was revealed at CES 2020, and since then LG has worked tirelessly to optimize its size and weight so that the most novice of gardeners can cultivate vegetables, herbs and even flowers at home all year round. Featuring two shelves with each capable of holding up to six all-in-one seed packages along with three different seed kits, users can now bring life to a variety of home-grown green goodness in just four to eight weeks.*

In development, the LG tiiun project has involved countless hours studying the fine details of cultivating plants, including in-depth research on numerous plant species and cultivation methods. To develop its seed kits, LG researchers went as far as travelling to Sri Lanka and Estonia to study the best soil and medium for healthy plant growth. With achieving the most eco-conscious seed kits the goal, LG tiiun seed packages now include 20 kinds of seeds from arugula and kale to thyme, peppermint and marigold.

“During the early stages of development, we considered around 80 kinds of seeds from food we eat every day to more obscure vegetable plants, like the fascinating desert Ice Plant, that most might not have heard of,” said Lim Ki-young, a senior researcher of tiiun at LG. “In the end, we made the decision to incorporate only the more familiar crop seeds that could be used in various ways into our seed kits.”

LG tiiun leverages LG’s technological expertise across multiple appliances from its best-in-class refrigerators and water purifiers to comprehensive ventilation systems. With LG’s renowned Inverter Compressor on board, the Flexible Weather Control System adjusts tiiun’s internal temperature to create the ideal conditions for organic growth, enabling plants to grow regardless of the season and temperature. And for those thinking it’s probably too high maintenance, it employs water supply technology that automatically waters the plants eight times a day for fast, strong growth.

The modern gardening appliance’s simple yet elegant design beautifully harmonizes with any décor, and comes in two sophisticated, soothing colors – Nature Beige and Nature Green – to give the green thumbs of the world more choice. To further advance the indoor gardening experience, the company released LG tiiun mini on March 3 in Korea, an accessory that lets users move their tiiun plants to a desk or end table to put them on display.

“LG tiiun delivers both practical functionality and emotional support to those looking to grow their own plants in this new era of living,” said Lee Hyun-jee, head of tiiun marketing development at LG. “Through regular updates, we hope to add smarter and more convenient features that can be controlled on the LG ThinQ app and give aspiring gardeners the next-level convenience they deserve in 2022.”
      With LG tiiun, enjoy a cleaner, greener lifestyle of growing your own herbs and greens at home.
      # # #
      * The cultivation period takes approximately four weeks for leafy greens, six weeks for herbs, and eight weeks for flowers.

• By LGTV55
      Can I get this player that is on my LG TV for my PC?