Quantcast

Celebrating a Milestone by Giving Back Trees to the Planet

News Reporter

Trees are vital. There is no denying how trillions of trees around the world are central to all life on Earth. Not only do Mother Nature’s skyscrapers provide clean, fresh air and cozy habitats to thousands of living species, but they also help us combat climate change and preserve biodiversity for many decades to come.

LG-Indonesia-Planting-Trees-01.png

In ensuring that this legacy can be passed onto future generations, LG Indonesia signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Conservation of Natural Resources Jakarta to celebrate their 32 years of operation in Indonesia. For this purpose, the company pledged to plant 32,000 trees across Jakarta, Kalimantan and Sumatra by April 2023.

LG-Indonesia-Planting-Trees-02.png Jay Jang, director of marketing and relations at LG Electronics Indonesia,
shaking hands with Abdul Kodir, head of the Conservation of Natural Resources Jakarta

This initiative sheds light on LG’s commitment to environmental sustainability in Indonesia in the same fashion as the company’s eco-friendly solutions, products and technologies, including their energy-saving inverter technology, which helps customers achieve a more eco-conscious lifestyle by improving energy efficiency. Incorporated into a wide range of household appliances, such as refrigerators, washing machines and air conditioners, this cutting-edge inverter provides users with peace of mind as they are able to easily manage their ecological footprints.

LG-Indonesia-Planting-Trees-03.png

However, LG’s efforts toward environmental sustainability extend well beyond the tree-planting initiative. The company’s technological interventions also complement its commitment to reach carbon neutrality by 2030, through the minimization of carbon emissions and footprints across the overall process, from production to disposal.

LG-Indonesia-Planting-Trees-04.png

LG is endlessly passionate about raising global awareness of environmental sustainability, not only through its technological innovation and world-leading products but also by implementing various environmental interventions designed in order to make life better for people of all backgrounds and localities.

LG-Indonesia-Planting-Trees-05.png

Contributed by LG Indonesia

# # #

link hidden, please login to view

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      Earth Day, observed annually on April 22, serves as an essential call to action for the preservation of our planet for future generations. LG is dedicated to promoting this cause through local initiatives, underlining the impact of every action in protecting our environment.
      LG USA aims to foster a greater appreciation for our environment and promote sustainable practices, with the goal of instigating positive change and contributing to the long-term health of our planet. The company is actively seeking to make a real difference by inspiring the next generation of conservationists and addressing urgent issues such as the extinction crisis and climate change.

To reinforce its commitment to sustainability and environmental stewardship, and to reflect its ‘Life’s Good’ ethos, LG organized the ‘Life’s Good Earth Day Fair’ on April 22 at its Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey campus. This public event featured a range of activities emphasizing the importance of sustainable practices.

In collaboration with the National Wildlife Federation (NWF), the fair provided useful information on sustainable best practices and guidance on creating a Certified Wildlife Habitat® in living, working and recreational spaces.
      A key component of the event was the e-Waste Drive, which,
      link hidden, please login to view, provided attendees with the opportunity to responsibly discard unwanted electronics. Participants who brought e-waste for recycling were granted a ticket to join the campus activities.
      LG also unveiled a new pollinator garden at its headquarters. The garden, which has been recognized as a Certified Wildlife Habitat® by the NWF, features native plants designed to attract a variety of pollinators such as bees, butterflies, moths and beetles. LG anticipates that this initiative will boost biodiversity, stimulate plant growth, enhance air quality and support wildlife. Attendees were encouraged to plant a flower in the garden, contributing to a healthier ecosystem.

Additionally, LG offered tours of the to students, teachers and local community members, showcasing its innovative technologies and sustainability initiatives. Visitors had the opportunity to participate in scavenger hunts organized by the NWF, enjoy food vendors and giveaways, and meet Ranger Rick® and NWF Naturalist Dave Mizejewski.

The Life’s Good Earth Day Fair is just one of LG’s initiatives to commemorate Earth Day. Last week, the company , showcasing content that highlighted some of the world’s most vulnerable and endangered as well as recovered species in need of ongoing protection. Beginning with the snow leopard and followed by the bald eagle, Galapagos sea lion and reindeer later this year, the series will portray each animal in stunning 3D that appears to be extending out of the actual display.

And, through partnerships with global edtech leader Discovery Education and the NWF, LG will host a K-12 educational series about vulnerable and endangered species. The LG Endangered Species Series will provide K-12 students with a deeper understanding of the unique qualities of endangered animals, and the role they play in maintaining a healthy ecosystem while fostering an appreciation of what makes each species special. Educators and students may access the free, standards-aligned digital resources created with Discovery Education at .
      In addition to these activations, LG is working to make Earth Day every day by developing the most innovative products that help provide consumers with significant savings through energy efficiency. As a , LG , showing the company’s commitment to helping U.S. consumers make energy choices that make a difference, from cutting household utility bills to reducing impact on the environment.
      Contributed by LG USA
      # # #

• By whaleandtuna
      Please Help. I have LG qned tv with webOS 23
      1) What I did: with svc remote -> in start -> 0413 and all, area option was changed.
      I was trying many numbers to find the code for KR (which didn't work).
      2) What I wanted : change area option from CA -> KR (widely known area codes do not work)
      Original code: CAD 22411

3) Problem: Once I put a number between 19461 ~ 19489, Language&Country is set to EU and would not change the country with the other numbers.
      Area option: 19461 ~ 19489 Continent index: 5 ~ 33 Language & Country: EU  
      Now I put 22411 to change it back to original region, but the country would not change from EU to CA, the area option is back to 19461.
      If anyone is trying the area option numbers, don't put any number between them.
      If any one knows how to resolve, please help me to escape from EU.. I am so desperate.

FYI just in case
      hk 17930
      hk 17935
      co 17560
      ph 15670
      cn 17816
      ja 17211
      aj 17083
      tw 17432
      pa 17679
      hn 18618
      ca 18362
      mx 18456
      hn 18584
      br 18789
      cl 18876
      pe 19033
      ar 19123
      ec 19251
      jp 19345

• By Alfaro
      I have a problem with my LG 43NANO756PR: if an app is paused (for example a youtube video or music track is put in pause), after about two minutes the TV goes back to the TV antenna input. Very unpleasant if you are on the phone and need a quiet environment. Same thing if I mute the audio: after about 2 minutes the volume resumes as before.
      Any way to sort this issue?
    • By hjetschko
      Hi, I have a feature request for the sound out setting. I often connect my Bluetooth headphones to the TV. We don't use the internal speaker of the TV, we use the optical sound out setting whenever I don't use Bluetooth. It would make our lives a lot easier if the TV can remember the last sound out setting before connecting to Bluetooth and default back to this setting when the Bluetooth device gets disconnected. At the moment, each time I disconnect the headphones I have to go back into settings and change the sound out setting from internal speaker to optical again. 
      Thanks and regards
      Hubert
    • By sadfsfdAszdFGAsdeF
      I was asked to integrate at LG, I got all the correct emails now it wont let me log in there or to my TV. What sort of back end is LG running

Seriously? What the hell?