Quantcast

Problems with LG tv dropping remote and wifi

Trollpaw

Question

Hello.

I have an issue with my tv losing connection.

It seems like it's not uncommon for it to happen from time to time. but is has gotten worse the past couple of months. It can happen several times per day. usually when using netflix, but it can happen whenever.

i regularly lose the bluetooth connection to my magic remote, and a lot of the times when this happens i also lose connection with the wifi, The remote is still usable, in a somewhat limited capacity(no pointer, and need to have a more clear line of sight to the tv)

when the wifi disconnects it sometimes connects automatically, sometimes i have to manually connect it again, and sometimes the wifi function gets turned off, and can't be turned on again. usually this solves itself by putting the tv on standby and starting it again. using cable instead of wifi is not possible for the moment.

the remote. what usually works is pulling the plug on the tv for a while, and then it functions again. sometimes it's enough just putting it in standby mode for a minute or 2. sometimes i have to unregister and re-register the remote. THere's not one thing that works all of the time, so i have to try several things, but i've found that pulling the plug usually works best.

it's rarely enough to un-register and re-register the remote, i usually have to either put the tv in standby for a couple of minutes, or pull the plug

it's getting very frustrating dealing with this, so i'm asking to see if anyone knows what to do as a more permanent solution. i have no issue with doing factory resets or anything like that.

Thanks

Regards

Stoffe

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

1 answer to this question

Hello

I got a similar issue with the magic remote on my 49SM8600 (purchased in 2020 and w/o waranty now). The power button was no more responding.

I tried to do a factory reset but it went worst. Now it is impossible to paired the magic remote. The issue is not from the remote as it registered well with my other LG TV.

I had this screen at each power on :

I was blocked till I found in this forum that it was possible to use a usb mouse :

That's what i did. But since, there is still no possibility to recover magic remote and no possibility to get other menu than those for channels (no more apps navigation bar, no more access to settings,...)

I was still searching this afternoon and found that :

Don't know if it can help for bluetooth but it might help for your wifi problem. Read comments below the video before processing and speialy the comment from "Norm Baker".

I'm still searching for my magic remote issue... and a way to reset settings again (no more remote connected).

Good luck.

IMG_20221229_232230.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.