Quantcast

PreCentral: State of the Mobile Nations survey - The point of the stylus

Steve Jobs put an end to the Newton project, largely because he hated the concept of using a stylus. The original Palm Pilot was a runaway hit - largely because of the use of the stylus and its handwriting recognition. Now, Palm is dead and Apple is ginormous, so, who was right? Well...maybe they both were.

Just as the iPad is reaching the stratosphere in usage, the stylus is making a comeback.

So, we want to know what you think. Does the stylus inhibit or amplify your touch screen experience? Let us know by taking the short survey below.

mf.gif

a2t.imgdD9sBfWuXsI

link hidden, please login to view

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      LG’s Cinematic Ode to the Possibilities of Life
      Showcases the Vision of Tomorrow’s Creative Artists

SEOUL, Aug. 27, 2021 — The Life’s Good Film, helmed by the up-and-coming director with support from LG Electronics (LG), debuts today on LG’s YouTube channel. Woven together from videos submitted by hundreds of young filmmakers from around the world, the Tisi-produced work delivers a beautiful and touching meditation on life as interpreted by young creatives.
      A key component of LG’s Life’s Good campaign which kicked off in May, the Life’s Good Film Project invited 531 young auteurs from 33 countries to share their creative submissions with Jackson. Using the best footage, Tisi produced a 20-minute story showcasing the world’s budding visual storytellers’ distinctive voices, fresh perspectives and undeniable talent. The project generated considerable interest online, garnering over 140 million impressions and more than 44 million total views of related posts on social media platforms during the production process.
      “I wanted to share the emotions we all have and feel in life no matter what corner of the world we come from,” explained Tisi. “Empathy is the key to communication with one another, especially when we’re getting through tough days.” At previews earlier this month, Tisi’s short was praised for its uplifting message and Tisi’s unique vision.
      “An exploration through many eyes around the world, Life’s Good, is a truly singular experiment,” said Diva Vélez of New York Film Critics Online. “The film demonstrates the beautiful differences of the human diaspora and our various environments, while also revealing how completely tied in soul and spirit we are and have further become due to the global COVID-19 pandemic.”
      The 20-minute short explores different aspects of a good life in six chapters: Life’s Beautiful, Life’s Community, Life’s Lonely, Life’s In Motion, Life’s an Adventure and Life’s Good. The first five chapters visualize a wide range of subject matter, from the beauty of nature, the vitality of physical movement, personal growth nurtured in times of solitude to the togetherness and warmth of a close-knit community. The final chapter depicts today’s young generation united in celebration of life, eloquently bringing the film to a close.
      LG will screen the trailer of Life’s Good Film on LG’s digital billboards in Times Square in New York City and Piccadilly Circus in London beginning from today. The short will make an appearance at select film festivals as well in the weeks ahead. The Life’s Good Film is now available for viewing on the channel. Additional information on LG’s 2021 Life’s Good campaign can be found here on .
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Mathew
      Am using LG OLED TV 55BX UAE version in India but can't install Disney Hotstar App in my TV and India is not mentioned in Broadcast and Location option which is not at all fair. Please sort this out...  I am a LG electronics user ( Air conditioner, Refrigerator, Washing machine ETC ) and recommending others also this Brand but this kind of issues are leading to discourage ..
    • By Beth Frasher
      I have an Avantree wireless headphone for my dad to use while watching TV. It is model HT280. We’ve just purchased an LG 55UP8000 Smart TV. The transmitter for the head phones does not have Bluetooth so I have purchased a Bluetooth receiver for the headphone transmitter so that it can connect to theTV . When the headphones connect to the TV using the Bluetooth receiver we can no longer hear the tv speakers . Is there a way to have the tv sound play through Bluetooth connection AND tv speakers so that a person not wearing a headphone can also watch tv? 
    • By fade2gray
      Hi,

I can turn the Wi-Fi socket on and off using the Google Home app on my mobile phone by using the voice command "turn socket on" and "turn socket off".
      Using the same commands with Google assistant on the magic remote, will turn the socket on but will not turn it off.

Any advice please?
    • By Symbiodin
      I have an LG OLED55C6P TV. Because of hearing difficulties, I generally use bluetooth headphones when watching the TV.  As far as I have been able to determine, there appears to be no way to use the headphones and also have the TV speakers working at the same time. This means that if I'm watching TV, no one else can watch and listen unless they have headphones.  Am I missing something?  Is there a way to have the headphones and TV speakers working at the same time?