Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Sign in to follow this  
NewsDummy

PreCentral: State of the Mobile Nations survey - The point of the stylus

State of the Mobile Nations Survey - The Point of the Stylus

Steve Jobs put an end to the Newton project, largely because he hated the concept of using a stylus. The original Palm Pilot was a runaway hit - largely because of the use of the stylus and its handwriting recognition. Now, Palm is dead and Apple is ginormous, so, who was right? Well...maybe they both were.

Just as the iPad is reaching the stratosphere in usage, the stylus is making a comeback.

So, we want to know what you think. Does the stylus inhibit or amplify your touch screen experience? Let us know by taking the short survey below.

Take the Survey!

mf.gif
emailthis2.gif bookmark.gif

a2.imga2t.imgdD9sBfWuXsI

View the full article

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Forum Topics

• Question: Auto/fix volume when syncing with Apple AirPods using webos 3.5

Hi guys!   I just spent a while figuring out how to properly sync my Apple AirPods with my LG OLED55B7 (webos 3.5, firmware 04.70.85). The headphones sync with the TV but I am not allowed to adjust the volume up/down with the magic remote while synced , however mute works.   Has anyone using AirPods found a good solution for this problem (meaning not syncing via AppleTV or a separate cast device)? I have read that LG may have limited the possibility to adjust certain bluetooth parameters on non-LG devices so it may be that I am out of luck, but I thought I would give it at try here before I give up.   Thanks for any helpful advice!   Per M

By Per M, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 1 vote
      • 1 answer
    • Question: Can't start enyo project on webOS tv emulator

I've downloaded WebOS SDK with LG emulator for VirtualBox (http://webostv.developer.lge.com/) and trying to run default enyo project in it (http://enyojs.com/docs/latest/developer-guide/getting-started/creating-and-building-an-app.html). The native project works fine, but enyo project works fine only in browser. Enyo project gives me black screen in LG emulator. Can you help me to start it on WebOS emulator ?

By Cho Chi, in LG webOS Smart TV App Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 0 answers
    • Question: steve

I have a lg 43 smart tv,model 43lh5700-ud,does any one know how  to add an app for a Web browser,tv did not come with on  

By Steve Johnson, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 1 answer
    • Looking for a WebOS developer for small project

I'm looking for a WebOS developer to develop a WebOS app to run our Digital Signage software. Please respond to this post if you are interested.

By vaughanr, in LG webOS Developers

• 2 replies
    • [pivotCE]LuneOS project still progressing

It’s been quite a while since our last release and we’ve been keeping quiet lately. Some of the team members have also enjoyed some well deserved time off in the meanwhile as well. The majority of what we’ve been working on hasn’t been and isn’t ready for public consumption. But quite a lot of things have happened in the past couple of months. Here’s what we’ve been working on since the previous release:
      -Updated various underlying OS bits: IM plugins such as SkypeWeb, YahooPlusPlus.
      -Update from BlueZ4 to BlueZ5. This one is a major upgrade that requires all our targets to have major rework on low level code and this has been taking a long time but is now complete for the Nexus 4 and Nexus 5. This also required us to rework our Settings App plugin for BlueTooth. Since we were never really happy with the plugins and their negative impact on the performance combined with the still uncertain future of the Enyo framework, we decided to start rewriting the Settings app in QML. This will also bring back the individual Settings icons back to the launcher, like they were available on legacy webOS 2.x and 3.x.
      -Added various bits and initial work for VPN plugin support for ConnMan.
      -Cleanup various configuration files.
      -Changed the default wallpaper to a nice new high quality LuneOS one! Thanks to Hans Kokx (aka HaDAk for the great photos!)
      -Various minor tweaks to configuration. We’ve been working on some new porting targets as well. Seeing that Halium is now available for a large number of target devices (50+ at the time of writing), users/developers have come along wanting to try LuneOS on their Halium supported device too so we’re trying to assist those in getting LuneOS working. This is still a lot of work in progress, but results look promising in general. This also would mean we will support Android 7.1.x based devices and Aarch64 bits architecture (ARM 64 bits chipsets). New targets we are currently developing for are: Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x (mido), OnePlus X (onyx), Google/Huawei Nexus 6P (angler) and Motorola G4 (athene). These are in various stages of development currently. We’ve also been assisting the PostmarketOS guys in getting LuneOS running on their build system and targets with great success so far! There are still bits to be added and polished but it’s already a great start to see how far they have been able to come in such short time! We’re also looking into integrating more with Halium , allowing more and easier ports of the LuneOS! We plan to be back with a new release in due course, in the meanwhile you can always check our our latest nightlies! Related posts: Official Release of LuneOS and Project Updates LuneOS July Stable Release: Cortado LuneOS Update for May View the full article

By pivotCE, in pivotCE News

• 0 replies