Quantcast

Sound issues using built in tuner on hd channels (LG OLED42C24LA)

Rob E

Question

Hi,

I recently bought myself a LG OLED42C24LA. I’m very happy with it apart from one issue I have noticed. 
When watching hd channels using the built in antenna tuner the sound repeatedly cuts out just for a mili second each time. This is usually when there is a lot of background sound and lots of movement in the picture or if its moving from from one cut to the next. So things like an action sequence.

This does not happen if I’m watching the same program on sd on the built in tuner or in hd on a set top box or on iPlayer. Otherwise the picture and sound are great. This makes me think its something to do with the tv and the inbuilt tuner. 

The tv is reporting the signal strength as 95% and signal quality at 100%. 

My intention was that this tv could replace the set top box I’m paying talk talk for.  I’m hoping this group may have seen this before or have some suggestions on how to resolve this. I did search the forum for similar questions but didn’t see anything I could use.

I’d  really appreciate any help you can give me.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      In a Europe First, LG Channels Launches Flagship Channel ‘LG 1’
      With First-Window Exclusive Content

SEOUL, April 24, 2024 — This week, LG TV owners across European countries gain access to exciting new free ad-supported streaming television (FAST) channels, including Sony Pictures’ Sony One Channels, and an expansive suite of channels from Lionsgate. With Sony One Channels now available in the UK, France, Italy, Germany, Spain, Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland, and Lionsgate channels available in the UK, Germany and France, LG Channels and LG Smart TV owners will be able to enjoy more high-quality content.
      Available Sony Channels will include Sony One Comedy featuring fan-favorite Seinfeld; Sony One Thriller TV with shows including Breaking Bad; Sony One Faves with timeless classics including Bewitched; Sony One Comedy HITS with classic comedies such as Step Brothers and Jerry Maguire; Sony One Action HITS dedicated to action and adventure movies from box office hits to critically acclaimed films like District 9 and Men in Black; Sony One Shark Tank,1 one of the most successful reality shows in the world; Sony One Dragons’ Den,2 the juggernaut reality format behind Shark Tank; and Sony One Blacklist,3 a dedicated channel featuring the crime thriller series.
      Thanks to our partnership with Lionsgate, UK and German viewers will be able to enjoy first-window4 content licensed for the newly launching LG 1 premium channel, operated under the company’s own brand. This will include exclusive rights to such acclaimed series as Wong & Winchester and Paul T. Goldman5. Other premium shows offered will include Critics Choice Television Award winning series Nashville and Boss, starring Golden Globe winner Kelsey Grammer. The newly added Lionsgate channels will include: MovieSphere, Wicked Tuna, Are We There Yet, Anger Management, Ghost Hunters, Grace & Frankie and Nashville.
      Loaded with a wide range of fantastic film channels (like Great!, Popflix, MovieSphere, Netzkino, Moviedome, WeDo Movies, Rakuten TV and Pluto TV) and movies to watch on demand, LG Channels has something for everyone.
      Beyond movie magic, LG Channels’ sports channels cover fan favorites such as international football brought by FIFA+, great tennis brought by Tennis Channel or live motor racing from MTRSPT1. Additionally, viewers can watch chess grandmasters battling it out on Chess TV, with more content to be continually added.
      LG Channels is available on LG Smart TVs (models 2016-present) and can easily be accessed by pressing the dedicated key on the LG Magic Remote or via home screen.
      LG Channels has consistently ranked among the top-five most accessed apps on LG Smart TVs across all regions where the service is offered, attracting an increasing number of viewers. With its newly added channels, the service is now set to provide more high-quality content for users to discover and enjoy.
      # # #
      1 Available in Italy and Spain.
      2 Available in the UK, Finland, Sweden, Norway and Denmark.
      3 Available in France and Spain.
      4 First-window exclusive: first time on any SVOD, AVOD, Free TV, Pay TV and Basic TV service.
      5 “Wong & Winchester” and “Paul T. Goldman” are available on LG Channels in the UK.

link hidden, please login to view
    • By News Reporter
      Company Showcases Sophisticated Built-in Kitchen Lineups
      with Innovative AI Technologies in Milan

SEOUL, Apr. 15, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG) is participating in Milan Design Week 2024, the global design trade fair taking place in Milan, Italy, from April 16-21. Aimed at increasing the company’s presence in the European built-in market, LG’s Milan Design Week exhibition includes a booth at Salone del Mobile (EuroCucina), a display at Signature Kitchen Suite showroom and a collaboration with Moooi at the Dutch lifestyle company’s showroom.
      Since the launch of its ultra-premium Signature Kitchen Suite built-in appliances, LG has continuously and strategically expanded its presence around the globe. Last year’s IFA exhibition in Germany marked the introduction of the built-in lineups from the LG brand, which complement the company’s well-established ultra-premium offerings. At Milan Design Week 2024, the company seeks to demonstrate its commitment to providing premier culinary lifestyles, with a diverse range of products designed to meet the needs of different customer segments.
      LG’s exhibition booth at Salone del Mobile showcases the ultra-premium Signature Kitchen Suite built-in lineup, plus an array of advanced, aesthetically-pleasing products from the company’s wider kitchen appliance portfolio. Through its ‘True To Food’ philosophy, the Signature Kitchen Suite brand communicates the importance of preserving the original value of food. Also on show is a selection of LG cooking solutions that combine with the ThinQ app for a smarter ‘Life’s Good’ kitchen experience.
      During Milan Design Week, the Signature Kitchen Suite showroom will introduce visitors to the sophisticated styling and advanced technologies of the latest Signature Kitchen Suite built-in products. Meanwhile, at the ‘A Life Extraordinary’ exhibit (April 16-21) at Moooi’s exhibition space, LG will showcase its PuriCare AeroFurniture air purifier featuring distinctive, new designs by Moooi, as well as other new products such as the InstaView bottom freezer with MoodUP.
      An Inspired Culinary Lifestyle with LG’s Kitchen Appliances at Salone del Mobile
      The LG exhibition at Salone del Mobile clearly conveys the value and joy of sharing and savoring quality food. The company’s impressive booth, which covers 483 square meters, is designed by GamFratesi, the acclaimed architecture and design studio founded by Italian Enrico Fratesi and Denmark’s Stine Gam. Presented inside are the Signature Kitchen Suite built-in portfolio and LG-branded built-in kitchen and home appliance lineups.
      Among the products on display is the newly unveiled Signature Kitchen Suite 60-centimeter (24-inch) built-in oven with Gourmet AI technology. LG’s AI innovation can identify what the user is cooking and automatically suggest the optimal cooking mode from a database of 130 recipes. The stunning new oven also boasts enhanced ProBake, which leverages the company’s inverter technology to ensure uniform heat distribution for fast and efficient cooking. Offering convenience and cooking flexibility, the Signature Kitchen Suite free zone induction hob allows users to place any size or type of cookware anywhere on its cooking surface.* This is made possible through the AI-equipped hob’s ability to detect and track the position of cookware.
      Launching in Italy this month, the LG InstaView bottom-freezer refrigerator with MoodUP can be found alongside the French-door InstaView fridge with MoodUP at the company’s Salone del Mobile booth.
      In addition to exploring new LG products, visitors to the company’s booth will have the opportunity to enjoy a lively cooking demonstration hosted by Signature Kitchen Suite. The event features renowned chef Fabrizio Ferrari, who will prepare delectable cuisine using some of the latest built-in appliances from the Signature Kitchen Suite lineup. Other special activities include ‘Zero Wasting Oven Cooking’ with LG’s built-in appliances, wine tasting sessions hosted by sommelier Emanuele Trono, and a unique musical and culinary experience with DJ and cook Daniele de Michele (a.k.a. Donpasta).
      The newly-revealed Signature Kitchen Suite 48-inch French-door refrigerator and the sleek appliances of the Transitional lineup, which include built-in combi refrigerators, induction hobs and microwave ovens, form part of LG’s expanded portfolio targeting the European built-in market.
      Precision and Elegance with Signature Kitchen Suite’s New Capsule Collections
      At the Signature Kitchen Suite showroom, located at the intersection of Milan’s famous Via Manzoni and Piazza Cavour, LG is hosting an open-to-the-public week-long event, displaying its high-end built-in appliances together with its new Design Capsule Collections, under the theme of ‘The Art of Precision’.
      An exciting development for Signature Kitchen Suite is the collaboration with internationally acclaimed designer Patricia Urquiola, who has designed a sculptural cabinet for the brand’s under-counter drawer fridge. Ideal for modern places, where the boundary between living room and kitchen is frequently blurred or erased, Urquiola’s cabinet transforms the ultra-premium brand’s home appliance into a gorgeous piece of furniture. The amalgamation of Signature Kitchen Suite’s superior technology with Urquiola’s design artistry has resulted in an elevated lifestyle solution with a luxurious, handcrafted touch. The cabinet is available in three modularities and two finishes – wood or Cimento tiles.
      Visitors to the showroom can also see SKINS Club; an ultra-elegant cabinet for the Signature Kitchen Suite under-counter wine cellar designed in collaboration with local Milanese architectural and design firm m2Atelier. A must-have for the connoisseur, the stunning SKINS Club features separate compartments for storing wine and cigars and offers customizable finishes for personalized look.
      An Exclusive Collaboration of Technology and Artistry
      At the Salone dei Tessuti, LG has collaborated with Moooi to create an extraordinary experience where technology and design seamlessly merge. The gallery-concept exhibition space shows off the evolved design and thoughtful features of LG’s groundbreaking home appliances, such as the LG InstaView bottom-freezer with MoodUP, Styler clothing management system, Styler ShoeCase and a PuriCare AeroFurniture table-type air purifier decorated with a new pattern from Moooi.
      “We are excited to present our expanded, diverse portfolio of built-in appliances at this year’s Milan Design Week,” said Lyu Jae-cheol, president of LG Electronics Home Appliance & Air Solution Company. “LG will continue to strengthen its presence in the European built-in market with its ultra-premium Signature Kitchen Suite and LG-branded built-in appliances designed to fulfill diverse customer needs.”
      Visitors to the Milan Design Week 2024 can explore LG’s advanced built-in kitchen and home appliances at the LG exhibition booth at Milan Fairgrounds, the Signature Kitchen Suite showroom (corner of Via Manzoni and Piazza Cavour) and the Moooi showroom at Salone dei Tessuti (Piazza Cavour).
      # # #
      * Cookware recognition may vary depending on the size or number of items placed on the surface.

• By Aventiled
      Hey
      I have an OLED C3 evo
      A Pioneer amplifier is connected to the optical output.

I want to connect Bluetooth headphones and use them at the same time as the amplifier.
      The thing is, I haven't seen such an option on TV. It is possible to play simultaneously with the Bluetooth headphones and the internal speakers on the TV.
      There is no option for Bluetooth and the optical port at the same time.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks
      Dani
    • By SailorMoon
      Hello,
      I have a problem with my new LG OLED G2 newest version 4 firmware.
      I tried sorting my satellite channels with chansort programm from github, because sorting them with the tv remote is a pain.
      When I try to sort them with the remote and have selected about 10 or more channels all the selected channels get suddenly getting deselected, so I can only select up to 10 at a time  to 
      sort them -> must be some kind of firmwarebug? 
      After exporting the channellist to a usb stick then editing it with chansort an importing it back into the tv all my channels are gone, all transponderns are deleted.
      First I thought it was a charsort problem but all channels and transponders get also deleted when I simply export them to a usb drive an import them back, without editing the file at all.
      Does someone know how to fix this problem? 
      And yes I´ve done multiple factory resets -> did not fix any of this behaviour.
      I also discoverd another bug the deletes all channels, because I needed to reboot the tv I searched for a reboot option in the tvs menu, but there is no reboot option.
      To do a full reboot (except from forcing it through cutting the tvs power) you can deselect the privicy agreements, after that the tv reboots, but then all channels are gone too.

• By tezz7624
      How do you get these Sony TV channels?
      Your Samsung and LG TVs get 8 blockbuster new channels this month and all for free