Quantcast

Can't find a particular menu on Live TV.

Ieuan Llwyd

Question

Somehow when I was watching Live TV a menu I've never seen before appeared — I must have accidentally pressed a button or combination of buttons on the remote.

It appeared below the programme banner (at the bottom left of the screen) and was something to do with a selecting device to control — there were about 4 icons in a row, and one of them was "Set-top Box", but I can't remember what the other options were.

Having selected "Set-top Box", which is why I remember that option, I now get five icons appearing in a row below the programme banner:

Start Recording  |  Start Live Playback  |  Recordings  |  Subtitle Language  |  Audio Language

See screenshot attached.

The same menu appears if I press the down arrow ᐁ (below the OK button).

What's driving me nuts is:  1.) I can't now bring up the original 'select device' menu, and  2.)  wondering what the other options are!

I'm using an LM6300, running webOS 4.9.5-14 (goldilocks2-gympie).  If any other info would help, please let me know.

Thanks for any help.

lg.jpg

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Sam Athans
      Hi,
      I have just upgraded from an LG 06LF6300 TV to an LG OLED65C1PTB. On my old TV I could pause live TV for up to 90 minutes and replay at a later stage. 
      Can anyone advise if this feature is available on the LG OLED65C1PTB.
      Thanks 
      Sam
    • By Mindaugas Vaiciulis
      Hello,

my TV (UP80003LR) (with latest WebOS: 6.3.2-423 )works fine expect for one problem with HbbTV (Hybrid TV).
      While watching HbbTV there are periodical gaps of silence of durations ~0.5 sec. every ~10 sec, so It`s very difficult to watch TV.
      Earlier gaps occured once a minute so it was kinda bearable.

Internet is connected though LAN cable.
      Have tried tune sound options, but it didn`t helped, so have and reseted TV settings to initial, but it didn`t helped too.
      So now i am kinda desperate. 
      What can be sure of is that problem is local with TV, because there are no problems with TV picture and there are no problem on second TV (Samsung).

Thank for any ieads.
    • By News Reporter
      As the world welcomes in the new year, LG is busy ushering in a new era in TV with the announcement of its new vision statement, “Sync to You, Open to All.” The company’s vision for the present and future of screen is all about syncing the user experience to each user’s individual tastes and lifestyle. It’s a vision that sees the screen as a seamless extension of people’s everyday life; a place where one can go to be entertained, to connect, to pursue their passions and so much more.

“Sync to You, Open to All,” although new, is a continuance of LG’s long-term commitment to changing the role of TV. The company aims to realize its vision by reflecting customer opinion throughout the entire user experience journey, factoring feedback into every single facet – from product and service development to User Interface (UI) features, design and, of course, the viewing experience.
      In LG’s reimagining of what television is, the living room TV is now considered a lifestyle hub – one centered on the delivery of a personalized, customizable experience that lets users do and be more.

“Sync to You” relates to the delivery of a user experience that takes personalization to the next level. In terms of hardware, this means the introduction of new and diverse screen products intended for different audiences. These will include screens leveraging Zero Connect technology, to provide spatial and interior design freedom, flexible screens that users can ‘bend’ to their needs and screens that eschew conventional design.

As far as software is concerned, “Sync to You” focuses on providing unique experiences optimized for each user, thanks to webOS, LG’s open and constantly evolving smart TV platform. This encompasses the ability to customize a broad range of functions and settings to one’s preferences, starting with UI configuration, content recommendations and picture quality. But it also extends to the provision of an expanded customer experience, thanks to a wide range of interactive services from categories as diverse as cloud gaming, the metaverse, remote learning, home security, home fitness or health.
      A variety of virtual worlds can also be accessed, from
      link hidden, please login to view, a virtual art museum allowing you to walk inside and explore emotions beyond the creative work or , the world first TV metaverse service, a full mixed reality platform offering life events that happen at the same time in both realities and , a new cloud solution allowing users to access interconnected digital worlds. The app on LG TVs offer access to over 180 classes taught by the world’s best instructors and thanks to a new partnership with , LG TV owners can benefit from integrated services developed exclusively for webOS.
      LG TVs also offer a variety of fitness services from , world’s largest fitness group and , to, which allows to connect a fitness machine to the TV and Exercite, a motion sensor solution that recognizes your body’s posture.
      The second part of LG’s vision statement, “Open to All,” is about collaboration, inclusivity and sustainability. Through open collaboration, LG TV users will be able to connect to different platforms and devices across an ever-growing ecosystem. Communication and control will be especially smooth thanks to support for Matter, the latest open connectivity standard for smart home solutions.
      LG TV is also designed to be accessible to all users, regardless of their age or abilities. In consultation with its accessibility advisory group, whose members include people living with various disabilities, LG is continuously developing and rolling out inclusive technologies and features. Among those currently offered on LG TV are audio-to-text captions and a sign language screen that can be easily moved and resized whenever the user desires. There are also services available on LG TV that have been created specifically with elderly users and children in mind.
      Sustainability is another integral element of LG TV and of LG’s vision. All LG TV products are shipped in boxes that feature one-color printing and have been made from biodegradable materials. The TVs themselves contain parts fabricated from recycled plastics. LG’s OLED TVs deserve special mention when it comes to sustainability, using a smaller number of components and offering greater recyclability than their LCD counterparts. Furthermore, since they do not require a backlight having fewer parts overall, there is less to recycle and dispose of.

Guided by its new vision statement “Sync to You, Open to All,” and a firmly held belief that “Life’s Good,” LG is and will continue to provide LG TV users with differentiated lifestyle experiences and exceptional customer value.
      # # #

• By Aliaksandr Baranouski
      Hey guys,
      While I have Sonos Beam gen2 connected to my LG 65C12LA via HDMI (eARC) I can’t select any other output device e.g. bluetooth headphones. I can technically select it in TV menu for like 5 seconds, and then output switched back to HDMI (eARC). Is it a bug or feature? 
      Thanks in advance!
    • By David Daul
      My magic remote and my Roku remote stopped working for turning off power so I performed a factory reset after troubleshooting to get the remote working.  I am now stuck at the 1st screen of the Factory Reset which says "Press the OK Button(wheel) on your remote."  Well... this really stinks because the remote doesn't work!!!  I have tried a USB mouse, a new magic remote, other LG Remotes with no luck.  I have also tried using the button on the bottom of the tv.  And, I contacted support which was just an exercise in redoing everything I had already tried... No Luck!!
      This is a Nano Cell 55NANO81ANA which is basically just a big brick now since I cannot even use any of the inputs.  Does anyone have a trick for getting past this initial screen???
      Thanks for the help.
  • Similar Tagged Content