Quantcast

PreCentral: Access different views in Maps [webOS phones]

News Reporter

This tip is only for webOS phones

Bing Maps options for phonesWhen webOS 3.0 and the TouchPad were released, Bing Maps was the default mapping application, replacing the Google Maps app that was installed on al webOS phones. Shortly after, those webOS phones were then updated to also replace Google Maps with Bing Maps, bringing almost all of the same functionality of the larger tablet-based version. One similar feature is the ability to , including the standard street map, satellite view and the "Bird's Eye" views that provide an angled viewing of a map. Unfortunately, unlike the TouchPad version, you can not rotate the angle of the Bird’s Eye view.

To change you desired view type, tap on the BingMapOptions.png  icon on the top-right of the app to open the “OPTIONS” screen and use the bottom dropdown to select your “VIEW”. This will then take you back to the map and reload it as selected

mf.gif

a2t.imgXB1ZlO30tl4

link hidden, please login to view

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.