Quantcast

Persistent private app even after dev mode times out

Hello,

We are a company developing streaming apps for our customers. As-to enhance developer / tester / any other teams experience into LG universe, and be able to quickly test any environments we have (dev / staging / production), we'd like to be able to install apps that aren't removed after Developer Mode expires, or aren't visible/listed to the public store.

We looked upon the idea to extend Developer Mode session with a Crontab with specific accounts for each TV, but some TVs are stopping the Developer Mode when being powered down, so it doesn't seem the most industrialised idea.

Let me know what we can do to answer that issue !

Thanks !

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Brendank
      I had an issue with powering on the tv in which pressing the lg power button on the first ocassion did not turn on my Oled C1 77 inch Tv.
      LG replaced the powerboard, however since the replacement I have an issue with intermittent audio dropouts via earc. 
      EARC has functioned previously on my Tv when connected to an Anthem 710 receiver and for a few months now on an Anthem AVM 70. 
      The set up has remained the same in terms of audio settings, passthough, match screen and sound set to bypass and I have tried multiple cables, switching the tv off, resetting earc, but I still have the issue. 

It is very odd that after a replacement power board I have this issue. It almost seems like a comparability issue between the new board and the existing components or something else is wrong with the TV.
      Any ideas?

• By Danster75
      Hi all,

I'm Danny and have a problem with my LG OLED65C8;

since a few months when playing movies, either from my Syno NAS or just plain USB, subtitles are being displayed double (over or above eachother) or are displayed for sometimes minutes after the sentence's been spoken. The videofiles haven't got any hardcoded subs but either subs included in the mkv container or as separate srt of ssa file. Disabling subs removes the display of subs, enabling subs results in double or persistent subs.

Subtitles have been disabled in the accessability menu, factory reset did not help.

I searched but as far as I can see this problem has not been discussed yet, also googled and never came across this problem. Perhaps someone here can help?

Kind regards, Danny
      ----------------
      SOLUTION, for me at least:

I used ColorControl to reboot the TV. It's weird that a factory reset did not work but a simple reboot did.

• By Roy Brown
      webOS updated, I think to 2023, on my C2 a couple of days ago. Since then the News option on the Sky News app no longer works, instead timing out. The Weather and Climate options still work, though.
      I have deleted and reloaded the Sky News app, but the problem remains.
      Does anybody have any suggestions of what I might try to get this working again, or is this something for LG, or Sky, to fix?
    • By Home Owner
      This is a question about the IR Blaster port on the backside of the OLED G3 TV. I understand that the LG Magic Remote can be configured to control third-party devices through its IR blaster. Does anyone know if the LG TV's blaster is limited to working with the LG Magic Remote or is it possible for the LG blaster to pass-through the IR signal from a third-party remote to my device located behind the TV? I don't want to configure the LG Magic Remote to control my device. I would prefer to use my device's remote and just have the LG TV pass the IR signal from the frontside of the TV to the backside of the TV where my device can see it. Does this make sense?
    • By News Reporter
      3D Anamorphic Animal Series Kicks Off Company’s
      Local and Global Earth Day Activations

SEOUL, Apr. 17, 2024 — Heralding the arrival of Earth Day 2024, LG Electronics (LG) unveiled today a 3D anamorphic experience on its Times Square billboard in New York City highlighting vulnerable and endangered species. The LG Endangered Species Series, which will run throughout 2024, features partnerships with Discovery Education and the National Wildlife Federation focused on educating students K-12 on conservation initiatives.
      3D Animals Overlook Times Square
      Unveiling on its dynamic Times Square billboard, LG will introduce a digital out-of-home (OOH) campaign showcasing anamorphic content that will highlight some of the world’s most vulnerable and endangered and recovered species in need of ongoing protection. Different species will be highlighted throughout the year beginning today with the snow leopard, followed by the bald eagle, Galapagos sea lion and reindeer later this year. The series will portray each animal in a stunning 3D effect that appears to be extending out of the actual display.
      Education Program Elevates Conservation Awareness
      Through partnerships with Discovery Education and the National Wildlife Federation, LG will host a K-12 educational series about vulnerable and endangered species tied to the Time Square billboard series. The LG Endangered Species Series will provide K-12 students with a deeper understanding of the unique qualities of endangered animals, and the role they play in maintaining a healthy ecosystem while fostering an appreciation of what makes each species special. LG will distribute curriculum materials aligned with educational standards to students and educators across the U.S. For additional details and opportunities to contribute to NWF’s
      link hidden, please login to view. and programs, visit . Life’s Good Earth Day Fair
      The LG Electronics North American Innovation Campus in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, is hosting the Life’s Good Earth Day Fair on April 22. Open to the public, the event will include a range of activities that highlight the importance of sustainable practices.
      In collaboration with the National Wildlife Federation, the community fair will provide valuable information on sustainable best practices and guidance on establishing your backyard as a Certified Wildlife Habitat®.
      In addition to these activations, LG is working to make Earth Day every day by developing the most innovative products that provide consumers with significant savings through energy efficiency.
      # # #