Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Sign in to follow this  
NewsDummy

PreCentral: Deleted a default TouchPad app? Restore it with Internalz Pro

Deleted a default TouchPad app? Restore it with Internalz Pro

Sometimes, for reasons we've yet to determine, the built-in first-party apps can disappear off an HP TouchPad. It's rare, but it happens, and for the average user it's annoying, frustrating, and confusing to have a basic app like the App Catalog or Calendar just up and disappear. Thankfully, HP has made it relatively easy to restore these apps, and you can do it all on your TouchPad, though some homebrew magic is required.

First things first, you'll need the excellent homebrew file browser Internalz Pro installed on your TouchPad. Our how-to install homebrew apps guide will give you a step-by-step of how to install Internalz (or any other homebrew app, for that matter).

read more

mf.gif
emailthis2.gif bookmark.gif

a2.imga2t.imgpH8PRjxi5Dg

View the full article

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Forum Topics

• webOS OSE on HP Touchpad?

With the release of webOS OSE, I'm wondering if it's able to run on the HP Touchpad. I wonder if someone will attempt to port it over.   Might give me a reason to pull out the old Touchpad, currently have an older Android system on it and haven't messed with it in over a year.

By ajmboy, in HP TouchPad

• 0 replies
    • Who Bought a Fire Sale HP Touchpad?

Did you buy a Firesale HP Touchpad? Share the details... Thankfully, I was able to get one myself, but it took a few tries and ordering it on the HP Business site. By the time I checked all the retailer, they were gone! Snagged a 16GB for $99! I hope you grabbed one also...

By Alex, in HP TouchPad

• 21 replies
    • [pivotCE]Unlock your HP TouchPad 4G

webOS friend and LuneOS project aficionado, Herrie, recently embarked on an unlocking adventure.  His HP TouchPad 4G gave up the ghost and passed away quietly.  So he did what anyone would do and got a new one!  That’s what you’d do if your TouchPad died too, right? His TouchPad was special though.  In fact, you probably read his article right here on pivotCE about getting true LTE speeds on it with an unlocked Sierra 7710 card in it. Why not just crack open the new one and pop in the 7710 and throw away that crappy “3.5G” Ericcson card?  Well, the TouchPad pretty much breaks when you open it.  The little clips that keep the back connected weren’t designed to be opened once engaged. After Herrie contacted, paid for, and was reimbursed by several unlocking services over the course of about a month he finally stumbled upon UnlockFusion which was able to get him an unlock code.  The catch?  It took 2 weeks but it only cost him about $10.50 USD.  Not bad! Need your TouchPad 4G unlocked?  Head over to www.unlockfusion.com and I’m certain they can help you.  Or crack yours open and pop in a Sierra 7710 (EU) or a Sierra 7700 (NA). #webOSforever Related posts: HP TouchPad meets KitKat The search for real 4G on the TouchPad The Pre 3 and HP TouchPad in 2014 View the full article

By pivotCE, in pivotCE News

• 0 replies
    • HP TouchPad with Android 5.0 Lollipop

Below is a video just posted of an HP Touchpad tablet running the latest version of Android 5.0 Lollipop.  

By Alex, in HP TouchPad

• 4 replies
    • [pivotCE] Rare webOS Devices, Episode 4

We’ve seen the HP Touchstone 2 before. It’s popped up on eBay, the webOS Nation forums and even Craigslist in the Silicon Valley area. But have you seen a functionality test? You will. I do a quick side by side with the original Palm Touchstone and a pairing test with the HP Pre 3, the only device that can pair with the Touchstone 2 despite the HP Veer (or Palm Veer in my case ) also having touch-to-share capability. That’s enough text, eh? Watch the video. #webOSForever Related posts: Rare webOS Devices, Episode 3 Rare webOS Devices, Episode 1 Rare webOS Devices, Episode 2

View the full article from pivotCE

By pivotCE, in pivotCE News

• 0 replies