Quantcast

LG’s Software Testing Center Earns Accreditation From TÜV Rheinland

Company’s Facility First to be Confirmed by Global Testing and Certification
Organization to Evaluate the Functional Safety of Automotive Software

LG-T%C3%9CV-Rheinland-Appointed-Laborato

SEOUL, June 2, 2022 — LG Electronics’ (LG) Software Testing Center has officially been designated a TÜV Rheinland Appointed Laboratory, meaning the facility can now conduct functional safety tests on any automotive software solution that falls under the ISO 26262-6 standard.* World’s first of its kind to earn this status, LG’s Software Testing Center possesses the capabilities to independently assess and confirm the quality and functional safety of a wide range of automotive software products, from self-driving systems and in-vehicle networks to electric and electronic devices.

According to the ILAC Mutual Recognition Arrangement (ILAC MRA), reports issued by LG’s Software Testing Center will be recognized in 70 countries and territories, including the United States and Europe, and will carry the same credibility as those issued by a dedicated third-party testing agency.

In order to receive confirmation from TÜV Rheinland, one of the world’s leading global testing organizations, an institute or facility must meet a wide range of strict standards covering criteria such as test environment, equipment, capabilities and processes.

With its new status as a TÜV Rheinland Appointed Laboratory for automotive functional safety software, the lab is now able to meet growing auto industry demand by testing and providing TÜV Rheinland confirmation for companies’ vehicle software solutions. This latest accomplishment also provides LG with an opportunity to further strengthen its competitiveness in the rapidly expanding field of automotive software.

Last year, LG’s Software Testing Center received accreditation from the internationally respected Korea Laboratory Accreditation Scheme (KOLAS), becoming an ISO 26262-6 certified lab for evaluating autonomous vehicle software and measuring the quality of electric and electronic products (IEC 61508-3). LG is currently the only Korean manufacturer that can independently produce and issue a KOLAS-sanctioned report covering all these key areas.

“We’re deeply proud of the fact that our software lab has earned TÜV Rheinland confirmation and KOLAS accreditation in the span of less than one year,” said Kim Byoung-hoon, CTO of LG Electronics. “LG will continue to secure world-class automotive software capabilities to provide a differentiated customer experience based on a high level of safety.”

# # #

* An international standard for functional safety of electrical and electronic systems found in production road vehicles, as defined by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO).

link hidden, please login to view

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      Company Has Established a Comprehensive, Ethically-Responsible
      Management System for Its AI-Enabled Home Appliances

SEOUL, Feb. 15, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG) has recently achieved a significant milestone by obtaining the AI Management System (AIMS) certification (ISO/IEC 42001) from the Korean Standards Association (KSA).1 This certification demonstrates LG’s commitment to prioritizing data security and embracing responsible AI management practices throughout the entire lifecycle of its AI-powered home appliances.
      ISO/IEC 42001, a globally recognized standard established jointly by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), sets out the essential requirements for governing and managing AI technologies.2 AIMS certification validates that a company has not only implemented but also maintains and continuously improves an AI Management System, demonstrating a responsible and ethical approach to developing and utilizing AI-based solutions.
      The stringent assessment criteria of ISO/IEC 42001 cover various aspects, including AI policy formulation, risk assessment, risk management, ethical compliance, regulatory responsiveness and transparency in AI management processes.
      The acquisition of AIMS certification acknowledges LG’s ongoing and systematic efforts to ensure rigorous control over potential issues related to its AI products and services, including security, fairness, transparency and accountability. Through this certification, LG aims to enhance customer trust and strengthen its competitiveness.
      Last year, LG distinguished itself as the first home appliance manufacturer to receive Deep Learning AI Verification, awarded by the independent safety science company UL for its washing machine and dryer. Additionally, LG obtained AI Safety Certification from the Korea Institute of Industrial Technology (KITECH) for the AI functionalities integrated into the LG WashTower.3
      LG actively leverages data- and AI-based research and development initiatives to realize the vision of the ‘Zero Labor Home,’ offering users a refreshingly convenient and relaxing smart home experience facilitated by LG’s advanced, AI-driven home appliances and services.
      “This certification shows that we have established a comprehensive AI management system and are committed to providing our customers with safe, responsible AI-based solutions for a better life,” said Lyu Jae-chul, president of LG Electronics Home Appliance & Air Solution Company.
      # # #
      1 The AI Management System certification (ISO/IEC 42001) from the Korean Standards Association is confined to the products produced in LG Smart Park 1, 2 in Changwon, South Korea.
      2 link hidden, please login to view
      3 The AI Safety Certification from the Korea Institute of Industrial Technology is applied to WashTower model W17NT.

• By Maher1976
      Hi
      I have smart LG tv 2015 model 42LY760H. 
      I think I have WebOs-1 .
      I am trying to find update to download it on USB stick but I couldn't find even on lg official website. 
      Do you have any useful information or link to help me.
      Thank you 
    • By Debojit Kundu
      Hi I recently updated the software to 5.30 version, and after that I noticed a weird problem with video streaming, in general issue with internet bandwidth. Usually my b/w is ~35 mbps so that is sufficient for 4k streaming on youtube or netflix. The issue is after running for 10-15 mins if I pause the video or go backward the network speed is thrashing badly. For example when I check internet connection on netflix it shows ~30-35 mbps, but whne that problem occurs and I check the speed again I see the speed is dropped to <1mbps. Same with youtube, it can't load 4k videos anymore as the speed is ~1mbps. I can realize the problem as the thumbnails load very slow with scrolling. This problem does not get away unless I restart the TV or disconnect from wifi AP and connect back. The router always works fine I mean when I observe the problem on tv I can run videos on mobile seamlessly and see a speed of ~40 mbps on the same router. The router is kept next to the TV so I don't think it is some issue with wifi distance etc. I don't know what to do. I tried resetting but it removed all my app but it was actually not a so called "factory reset". So software version remained same. To rule out hardware problem I want to revert to previous version of the software but apparently I can't downgrade the software. Is there any other approach to load some previous version firmware?
    • By Alex
      There's been a lot of frustration over the years since LG aquired webOS and moved it into all their TVs, specifically around software updates. After a year or so, updates are not always available, mostly due to model and hardware limitations. Now come teh 2024 webOS TVs and LG is promising to keep you updated for at least five years! That's quite a turnaround from years past..

The news is part of the recent 2024 QNED Announcement:
      LG 2024 QNED TVs also elevate the home entertainment experience with versatile personalization and increased convenience. With the webOS Re:New program,* LG is offering an upgrade to the latest version of its webOS smart TV platform to give more smart TV owners the most up-to-date user experience for the next five years. This notable offer comes to LG QNED Mini LED 8K models launched in 2022 (QNED99 and QNED95 series) and will be extended to additional models in the QNED TV lineup worldwide in the future.
    • By News Reporter
      Today, some of the most widely used features in the latest vehicles, such as infotainment, telematics, ADAS, OTA and security, rely almost completely on the software they employ. As a result, the vehicle software powerhouses of the world are now the ones paving the way forward for a sector that plays a major role in most people’s daily lives.

There’s not much one can do about a smartphone’s old hardware, but its software, like the operating system (OS), apps and security it employs, is a completely different story as it can be brought up to date through regular updates supplied by the maker. And at long last, this benefit has reached the automotive world thanks to the emergence of Software Defined Vehicle (SDV), a breakthrough that allows vehicles to get better with age.

Since SDV has become immensely popular in the mobility space, the stronger the mobility company is, the more diverse the information it acquires and its areas of work become. So, how exactly is LG pioneering the ever-evolving automotive ecosystem based on SDV? Let’s explore some of the distinct driving experiences this incredibly advanced technology delivers.
      SDV, the Future of Travel

While SDV can be sorted into CASE (Connectivity, Autonomous, Sharing, Electrification), they share one thing in common – sophisticated software that helps them connect, develop and operate. Software has developed at such an incredible pace in recent years that it’s now even more important than the vehicle’s hardware when it comes to its performance, aesthetics and characteristics, which is why they’re being called “smartphones on wheels.”
      Currently, most global premium automakers are developing SDV and applying it to their newest models. LG, which develops automotive solutions for some of the biggest car brands in the world, is a leading provider of infotainment, telematics, center information display (CID) and advanced driver-assistance system (ADAS) solutions.
      A More Seamless Mobility Experience, Courtesy of SDV
      Among the long list of SDV benefits, perhaps the most valuable to customers is the seamless travel experience it enables through over-the-air (OTA), which unlocks even more enjoyable and convenient driving experiences for drivers and passengers alike.

Unlike cars with internal combustion engines which must be released with fixed hardware specs, SDV provides the hardware in advance and then allows the software to set driving performance features and options through the wonders of OTA. What this means is that car specs at the time of purchase are not set in stone and, rather, they can be changed according to the user’s preferences later on – and they don’t even have to visit a service center to do so.
      Besides navigation and infotainment, SDV can be used to improve the performance of wipers, cameras, batteries, seat belts and brakes, which can be updated via OTA for the connected car experience that gets newer and smarter every day without the replacement of parts. What’s more, it matches the user’s driving habits with optimal driving routes, in-car temperatures and subscription services.
      Much more than a software management system, SDV links with the external transportation infrastructure and other smart devices to make daily life even more convenient. Running low on fuel on the way to work? This innovation suggests the most efficient stopover at a charging station. It can also connect some functions to a smartphone app, giving users remote control. And, if there’s a vehicle in the next lane driving erratically or an abnormality in the road ahead, SDV can detect the hazard in quick time and then enhance safety to protect occupants against the risks that humans cannot judge fast enough.
      Taking Life’s Good on the Road

In September 2023, LG announced its vision at ‘IAA Mobility 2023’ in Munich, Germany. This unveiling included news on the vehicle infotainment system – a key future mobility tech that provides various driving information and entertainment features at once, high-capacity telematics, digital interfaces (digital cockpit) and LG’s advanced technologies, such as the big data and cloud innovations that manage and analyze vehicle data to provide automakers with a differentiated SDV solution.
      LG is securing the global competitiveness it needs to grow into a top-tier vehicle components company through its wide range of technologies for each domain, including software for CID which includes infotainment, telematics and ADAS software. LG’s core competitiveness comes from its vast expertise in consumer electronics and its insight into the customer experiences relating to home appliances, home entertainment and displays.
      In the SDV era, where software is king, LG will do everything it can to deliver the most comprehensive mobility solutions to leading carmakers based on its vast know-how.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view