Quantcast

LG Internet (XUMO) Channels Keep Coming Back!

Scott Dent

Question

No matter how times times I remove the LG Internet (XUMO) channels, a few of them come back every day. After a week, I have to flip through about twenty of the LG Internet channels to get to what I want to watch. I have an 86" UP8770. My wife won't even watch the TV because of how how annoying those LG Internet channels are. I have repeatedly reset the TV. I have left it unplugged all night. I have searched for answers online and spoken to LG on the phone. Nothing helps. I have removed all the LG Internet channels at least 50 times. Every day a few of them come back. I purchased the TV at Costco about 5 months ago. I really wish I could return it. The LG Channels are a deal breaker for me.

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By boggy
      I have LG TV UF6800. TV is working well. The youtube app had worked well until a couple month ago. The yoyube hangs very often after playing advertisement. It also hangs after playing a long video (around 30 min). By "hangs" I mean it is still there, showing the youtube UI, but we cannot play any video. Just black, staying there forever.
      I am using wired network on the TV. 
      I tried updating app, nothing. I googled and tried unpluging power while watching...., no help. BTW the youtube (with the same user) works well on PC and iPad.
      If you think this is not LG's problem, please advise to whom I should contact.
      Bogang Tian
    • By Vincent Valot
      Hello,
      We are a company developing streaming apps for our customers. As-to enhance developer / tester / any other teams experience into LG universe, and be able to quickly test any environments we have (dev / staging / production), we'd like to be able to install apps that aren't removed after Developer Mode expires, or aren't visible/listed to the public store.
      We looked upon the idea to extend Developer Mode session with a Crontab with specific accounts for each TV, but some TVs are stopping the Developer Mode when being powered down, so it doesn't seem the most industrialised idea.
      Let me know what we can do to answer that issue !
      Thanks !
    • By H_Rovy
      I want to be able to turn on my TV without it automatically launching a cable channel. ( or repeatedly asking me if I want to turn on the cable box).  Is there any way to "just' start with the home screen? Also when I've been watching something (app or cable) and go back to Home screen, it will go back to what I was watching if there is no input for a minute or so. grrrr. so annoying
    • By Finjo
      Hi, whenever I turned on my PS5 in the past on my TV  I would get a prompt in the bottom middle to press a button to automatically go to the HDMI channel, now I still get a notification in the top right saying “HDMI 1 is available” but it doesn’t seem clickable.

Has this been caused by a software update? I did also set up a sound bar in the HDMI ARC port recently and wondering if it could have anything to do with that?
    • By JPflug
      When we first got our CX OLED tv, we also got Dish network.  After our 2 year contract was up, we "unplugged" and got rid of Dish.  I have tried everything I can think of to get rid of the automatic connection to Dish on HDMI 3, but the TV automatically wanted to start with that.  I managed to delete the tag, but it still wanted to connect to that.  Now, after someother fumbling around, it wants to start on some spanish tv, not really sure where that's from, as we are on the Canadian border 🙂
      An easy to use digital manual would be great, but since I can't find that, I'll ask the hive mind here.  
      FWIW, I find what instructions that ARE available on the TV don't seem to work well--like moving my apps around so the ones I use most are closest to find.  

Thanks..this is so frustrating