Quantcast

Empowering Thousands in Kenya to Live Better

In its mission to make the world a better place to live for everyone, LG Electronics will forever champion the importance of social contribution and doing more as a company to help those that can’t help themselves.

Kenya-CSR-2022_01-scaled.jpgLG Electronics East Africa Managing Director Sa Nyoung Kim with HFH managers and students at the Mbombo Primary School construction site.

LG East Africa has been actively carrying out diverse social initiatives to help improve education, environment and health standards in the region over the last few years and has already made a lasting impact on thousands of locals. This year, LG East Africa partnered again with Habitat for Humanity (HFH) Kenya for its second CSR project to support more than 25,000 Kenyans in Laikipia County.

Kenya-CSR-2022_02.jpgLG Electronics East Africa Managing Director Sa Nyoung Kim lays a stone to commence construction of ablution blocks at Mbombo Primary School,
with HFH Senior Program Manager Nixon Otieno and Mbombo Primary School Headteacher Mwangi Thumbi looking on.

Early this January, LG in partnership with HFH Kenya launched several social initiatives valued at around USD 90,000 (KES 10.3 million) to benefit more than 3,000 primary and secondary school students and the 22,000 residents receiving supplies from the Olmoran and Maundu Meri Dispensaries every year. At least two dispensaries and seven schools within Mbombo and Rumuruti will see positive changes from these initiatives.

Kenya-CSR-2022_03.jpg

Many children and teachers at these schools have limited access to clean, safe water and must make regular trips to far-away dams. To make matters worse, school infrastructure is severely lacking with classrooms, which are mostly made from mud and old iron roof sheets, lacking doors, windows and proper sanitation.

Kenya-CSR-2022_04-scaled.jpgOngoing construction at Mbombo Primary School.

To make life better for the children, LG aims to directly resolve the challenges facing these vibrant communities. The company is building new classrooms and toilet facilities and furnishing them with proper school desks, tables and equipment, with construction expected to be completed by June. Over 20 LG products including refrigerators, washers, water purifiers, air conditioners, TVs and microwaves have been donated so far.

Kenya-CSR-2022_05.jpg

This initiative is a continuation of LG Electronics’ continued partnership with HFH, first partnering with the Korean branch in 2020 to launch the

link hidden, please login to view
, inviting fans to create short videos on how much they love their home. In return, LG made generous donations and gifted appliances to newly built homes in Kenya, Vietnam and India.

A player character in the game 'Animal Crossing' strikes a pose at the Habitat Korea Zone of LG Home Island

Also, as part of its , LG let fans of Animal Crossing: New Horizons and Fortnite virtually experience healthy home solutions and make donations to HFH Korea – courtesy of LG – by simply posting screenshots on their socials.

Kenya-CSR-2022_06.jpg

Laikipia becomes the second Kenyan county to benefit from LG’s work with HFH, following the company’s which improved learning facilities at several schools including the Machakos School for the Deaf.

Stay tuned to hear what else LG has planned to help support local communities around the world in need of a helping hand!

Contributed by LG Kenya

# # #

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Cris
      All my channels have gone. 
      Firstly it started with a bad broken image and sound in a few changes. Then some disappeared. 
      I went to do a automatic tuning to see if I could get them back.
      Eventually instead of recovering the missing ones I lost all channels.
      I have retuning, replugging and even reseting the TV and nothing....
      I phoned LG and they did remotely everything I did do, and no results.
      They told I need to repair my TV.
      How is that possible? One day all normal and then all gone.....
      Please can any one help me ???

Thanks
      Cris
    • By Sylvie G
      When I try to watch replay or live TV from Belgian casts in the browser I have error messages:
      - for Auvio (RTBF) it is purely incompatible
      - for RTLPlay , the message says that the browser version is too old and has to be updated.
      But...
      It is impossible to install alternative browser on LG smart TV, or to update the LG one.
      WebOS is not really a good idea, or at least it should be more "open" for the apps that are not proposed or updated.
      I know it is possible to share from other machines (tablet, phone or computer) but I want to use my TV "alone" too!
      Do you have a solution (other then buying a chromecast or equivalent device?)
      Thank you
    • By kennyboom99
      hi Guys,
      My lg tv when set to live tv will show full screen for around 20 seconds and then show a very small shrunk screen in the top left corner of the channel
      i can switch channels but the screen stays mall
      netflix displays in full screen
      picutre test shows full screen
      i have tried resetting the tv, power cycling, changing cables (coax) and nothing is making a difference.
      anyone have any ideas on what causes this?

this is what the screen looks like 
      any help is much appreciated

• By News Reporter
      To Become a Smart Life Solutions Company, LG is Harnessing AI to
      Expand and Enhance Living Spaces and Customer Experience

SEOUL, Nov. 28, 2023 — LG Electronics (LG) invites consumers from around the world to tune in to its LG World Premiere press conference and to come visit its exhibition booth at CES in Las Vegas this January. The press conference, hosted under the theme ‘Reinvent your future,’ is scheduled to kick off at 08:00 (PST) on January 8 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center.
      Arriving on stage first, LG CEO William Cho will be announcing the company’s key areas of focus for 2024 and beyond. Major topics will include LG’s transformation into a Smart Life Solution Company – declared earlier in July as Future Vision 2030 – and how it is leveraging AI to expand and enhance both the living space and the customer experience. The LG World Premiere is set to unveil more details of what the vision truly means and promises for the consumers.
      The state-of-the-art products unveiled during the press conference will be on show during CES 2024 at LG’s booth. Along with impressive displays, jaw-dropping technology installations and entertaining interactive exhibits, visitors can explore and learn more how its innovations will improve lives across various areas, including the home, commercial and mobility.
      LG World Premiere will be livestreamed on the LG website and
      link hidden, please login to view. # # #

• By News Reporter
      Technology in the automotive sector is advancing swiftly. Electric cars and autonomous driving are rapidly evolving, and we’re now seeing tremendous changes in the automotive landscape. In just ten years, LG Vehicle component Solutions (VS) Company has transitioned from being a newcomer in the mobility industry to an established player.
      After a decade of fulfilling customer demands and their expectations, the LG VS company has reached an important point in our history. In this year of our 10th anniversary, we are shifting gears to drive lasting growth by focusing on what matters most: delivering customer value, being passionate about innovation and holding true to our sense of purpose.

LG’s highest priority has always been customer value. With decades of expertise in the consumer electronics industry, LG possesses valuable insights into consumers’ wants and needs – which the LG VS company is now leveraging to create value for our auto industry customers and end users.
      Our competitive edge and unique selling proposition lie in our ability to deliver strong customer value. The LG VS Company strives to provide outstanding technology and design innovations that are tailored to our customers’ needs. We will continue to develop solutions that have never been provided before. This is why automakers trust us to be the right partner to help realize their vision.

Passion and a sense of purpose are the other key foundations of LG’s business. The LG VS Company is pursuing its objective to enhance customer value with more passion and purpose than ever before. With our vision of Driving Better Future Mobility, we are strengthening our market presence and reinforcing our reputation as an “Innovation Partner for Future Mobility.” Our scope and vision have now been broadened. Not only are we aiding in the creation of new mobility technologies, but we are also actively driving tangible changes in the mobility experience.
      The vehicle is no longer just a means of transportation. It is an integrated space where users can enjoy comfort, entertainment and safety. To provide such future mobility experience, we at LG will continuously bring fresh perspectives to the wider auto industry. We will also leverage our insights, knowledge and capabilities to provide our partners with innovative solutions for the road ahead.

By Eun Seok-hyun, president of LG Vehicle component Solutions Company
       # # #