Quantcast

Update 2016 oled tv to new browser to accept ios capability to screen mirror

Panto650

Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By makem
      I have a  LG OLED55C14LB WebOS TV in the same room as my xubuntu desktop computer and router.

I have installed Gnome Network Displays on the Linux PC and both machines are on the same 5G network.

When I connect the PC to the TV via WiFi the TV puts up a 'cancel' option and no option to connect. The Network display app only has an option to 'Return' which closes the connection.

If I do nothing and wait the connection times out and returns to the TV program. The TV is obviously waiting for permission to connect.

I cannot see any way to 'accept' the connection via the TV remote. Can anyone tell me how to accept the connection?
      In addition, is it possible to have the TV remember the WiFi password? Passwords are complex nowadays and it is a pain to keep having to input it. This make casting your desktop a chore.
    • By Roy Brown
      webOS updated, I think to 2023, on my C2 a couple of days ago. Since then the News option on the Sky News app no longer works, instead timing out. The Weather and Climate options still work, though.
      I have deleted and reloaded the Sky News app, but the problem remains.
      Does anybody have any suggestions of what I might try to get this working again, or is this something for LG, or Sky, to fix?
    • By News Reporter
      As an avid supporter of the arts and culture, LG Electronics is committed to enhancing life by integrating its groundbreaking technologies with some of the world’s most exquisite art pieces. By providing artists and gallery curators with the finest LG OLED TVs, considered by many as the ultimate digital canvas, LG enables a captivating and inspiring multi-sensory experience.

In the Philippines, LG partnered with the National Museum of Fine Arts in Manila to celebrate the 140th anniversary of Spoliarium, an iconic masterpiece by renowned Filipino painter Juan Luna. Coinciding with National Heritage Month, LG Philippines donated various products, including LG OLED TVs, to the museum to foster a deeper appreciation for the arts and enhance public access to the nation’s rich cultural heritage.

On May 27, a total of 118 local journalists gathered in the esteemed museum’s Old Senate Hall of the Philippines to witness the latest advancements in home entertainment, including the newest LG OLED evo TVs (G4 and C4 series). Powered by LG’s α (Alpha) 11 AI processor, which offers four times the performance of its predecessor, LG OLED evo TVs provides personalized experiences tailored to user preferences and viewing habits.

Throughout the elegant rooms of the National Museum of Fine Arts, various LG home entertainment products were on display, allowing visitors to see firsthand how LG brings out the best image quality with its deep blacks and vibrant colors.

The event also featured the LG Objet Collection Posé, a Lifestyle Screen designed to provide new interior design freedom for décor enthusiasts. With its angular, minimalist design and flexible installation options, Posé blends seamlessly into practically any space with exceptional ease. It even boasts LG’s immersive Gallery mode, which displays works of art or photos on its self-lit digital canvas, transforming any space into a sophisticated gallery.

In addition to the OLED-infused devices, LG showcased its QNED TVs, which offer enhanced contrast, brightness levels and detailed picture quality for exceptional viewing from every angle. For those looking to create the home theater of their dreams, LG soundbars were strategically placed around the museum to elevate the viewing experience with incredibly immersive surround sound.

This event highlighted LG’s full commitment to fusing technology with timeless art to unlock more engaging and impactful cultural experiences. Aligned with its Life’s Good promise, LG will continue to support initiatives that spark creativity, promote cultural exchanges and enhance the appreciation of arts and culture through smart life solutions built for all.

Contributed by LG Philippines
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Alex
      Automatic Firmware Update
      Press the Home/Smart button on your remote to bring up your launcher bar.
      Click the Settings icon in the top-right.
      Choose the All Settings option at the bottom.
      Choose the General menu from the left.
      Scroll down, near the bottom of the list, and select About this TV.
      From here, make sure Allow automatic updates is checked, and click the Check for updates button.
      If an update is found, follow the steps on screen to download and install it.

• By Burkey
      hi all. new to this but really stumped!!! i live in ontario canada and have been using cogeco cable for internet and tv. it got way too expensive so i cancelled both and switched to bell 3.0 which is at least 3 times faster and we have no tv package, so we are just streaming everything for 1/3 the price!!!!!  i signed up for a couple of sports sites, tsn and sportsnet + so i can watch hockey playoffs and other sports.  tsn works just fine on the tv.  however, sportsnet + says that i have to have web os version 89 or higher.  i found my tv, which is a 2023 version, is only version 87!!! i chatted with tech support and they were no help.  anybody got any ideas as to what i can do for this???  no auto software updates for it and nothing on the lg app store.  quite confused how a 2023 model is not up to date, or sportsnet+ is that far ahead and not backward compatible>>>
      thanks to anybody that answers.
      dave