Quantcast

PreCentral: The webOS Wish List: Stacked wave launcher

The webOS Wish List: Stacked wave launcher

There are a lot of cool ideas in webOS, and there are plenty of cool ideas that we're sure they've come up with in Sunnyvale over the past four years they just didn't have the time, money, and personnel to put together. Some they even patented, like we picked out of Palm's patent portfolio a few months ago. The ideas was to allow you to pause on a wave launcher icon to open additional options, such as displaying favorites under Contacts or bookmarks from Web or direct-launching into different parts of Carbon.

The multi-layer wave launcher would allow for all manner of even faster webOS actions, be it firing off a tweet or calling the spouse. Just Type and Quick Actions are great for some things, but let's be honest - should you really have to bust out the keyboard to call the office and let them know you're running late? No, you really shouldn't have to do that. The office is already one of your favorites, but the only place you see those favorites is in the Phone app or when searching. Why not swipe > pause > pick > release?

Unlike some other Wish List items, the multi-layer wave launcher isn't or even or . This is taking after an idea that Palm already has, an idea that they own. And what good is an idea like this if you don't act on it?

Have your own thoughts on this entry? Of course you do - the comments are below. Surely you have your own ideas as to what ought be on the webOS wish list, and so .

mf.gif

a2t.imgwLG_jQwmTTU

link hidden, please login to view

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.