Quantcast

We need another Browser

Frank5555

Question

I have a 65" nano-cell SmartTV with webOS, but the browser is horrible, it restarts very frequently, due to lack of memory, especially when I consult Google maps. Is there any way to solve it? Is there any other browser? Because I can't find any in the store and this one is so bad that you can't create folders for favorites, nor does it have a favorites bar. Would there be any solution to the memory, through an extension? Thanks.

1 answer to this question

Hello Frank5555

As for your question there isn't another browser in the LG Content store. The only browser is the one that comes with the TV. I also think that you shouldn't use the TV for Google Maps or online games as its not made for that purpose. If your TV also crashes on other apps then you should consider upgrading.

Hope that answers your question :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Stephen Davies
      As above! All4 & My5 will no longer work. Also, how do you update the browser? My LG nano TV is just over 3 years old.
    • By News Reporter
      Hanok, traditional Korean houses, are renowned for their aesthetic beauty construction and harmonious integration with nature. Inspired by this distinctive architectural form – prized for its energy efficiency, natural ventilation and lighting – LG Spain has constructed an AI-powered home named ‘Another Hanok.’ This innovative abode showcases LG’s latest technological and design advancements and highlights some of the ecologically-focused projects undertaken as part of LG Spain’s ‘Smart Green’ movement.

During the Another Hanok opening ceremony, LG reaffirmed its commitment to supporting the global climate response through its ongoing ESG initiatives and sustainable product solutions. The event was attended by 80 guests, including the president of LG Spain, local and Korean government officials and representatives from various partner companies. Since establishing the Smart Green movement in 2017, LG Spain has developed product solutions aimed at reducing environmental harm while encouraging and fostering community engagement.
      Efficient Innovations for Sustainable Dwellings
      Self-sufficient, connected and sustainably powered, Another Hanok embraces and embodies LG’s Smart Green philosophy. The house produces, stores, saves and shares clean energy, achieving 100 percent energy independence* through the use of LG’s state-of-the-art technologies as a way to reduce its environmental impact.

Leading up to the entrance of Another Hanok is a beautifully designed pathway that inspires feelings of peace and tranquility while reminding visitors of the pressing environmental issues facing our planet. As visitors approach the house, they encounter a variety of interactive displays and installations that spotlight the challenges of reducing carbon emissions and the urgent need for companies and consumers to adopt responsible practices.

Inside, visitors can explore several spaces, each focused on different aspects of sustainable living. From energy-efficient appliances to advanced HVAC systems, Another Hanok demonstrates how LG’s cutting-edge technologies and solutions can help create a net-zero-energy home. The seamless installation of the LG Therma V R290 Monobloc heat pump contributes to the house’s efficient use of power, while ensuring the reliable heating and cooling for visitor comfort. Conveniently, the solution’s energy consumption can be monitored through the ThinQ Energy Service. Additionally, surplus energy produced by the solar panels installed on the roof of Another Hanok is stored in LG’s energy storage system.

Expanding the Smart Green Movement
      Launched in 2017, LG Spain’s Smart Green movement is an initiative that continues to help regenerate local environments and ecosystems. The movement’s goals include planting 48 million trees (Smart Green Trees), repopulating 48 million Iberian bees to ensure the pollination of countless endemic plant species (Smart Green Bees), and reviving the health of the Mediterranean Sea (Smart Green Seas).

The ‘Another Life’ Experience
      Another Hanok is a part of LG’s ‘Another Life’ series, a collection of offline experience spaces that provide customers with unique opportunities to interact with LG’s lifestyle-enhancing products. Each of these spaces offers a welcoming atmosphere along with compelling displays and exhibits that promote sustainability and responsible technological innovation. Beginning in South Korea in 2022, the series has since expanded internationally with the addition of sites such as ‘Another Saigon’ in Vietnam.

LG views Another Hanok as a new, more-engaging kind of B2B showroom, where its European B2B clients can see first-hand the company’s strong commitment to achieving carbon neutrality. In the spirit of its Life’s Good philosophy, LG will continue to innovate and inspire, leveraging its technology leadership to help usher in a new era of sustainability.
      # # #
      * Average yearly photovoltaic (PV) power generation at Another Hanok is 22,030 kWh while average monthly power consumption is 16,870kWh. Actual power generation and power usage may vary.

link hidden, please login to view
    • By nkat
      Hello Team,
      I'm unable to play any video  any video on LG TV WebOS browswer. 
      I've tried to play
      link hidden, please login to viewm also, but no luck. I've toggled (on and off) the 'Adpative Javascript video stream' settings in browser but no luck.
      Can any one help on this .?
    • By keshav iyer
      Videos from certain websites are unable to play on browser after latest update to webOS 5.50.55. In the first image there should be a play icon on the video player

• Weebly - Websites, eCommerce & Marketing in one place.
    • By Sylvie G
      When I try to watch replay or live TV from Belgian casts in the browser I have error messages:
      - for Auvio (RTBF) it is purely incompatible
      - for RTLPlay , the message says that the browser version is too old and has to be updated.
      But...
      It is impossible to install alternative browser on LG smart TV, or to update the LG one.
      WebOS is not really a good idea, or at least it should be more "open" for the apps that are not proposed or updated.
      I know it is possible to share from other machines (tablet, phone or computer) but I want to use my TV "alone" too!
      Do you have a solution (other then buying a chromecast or equivalent device?)
      Thank you