Quantcast

Accidential press of P-Only - can not restore to normal operation.

Hale

Question

I got a WIFI problem on my 55UB8500. In order to understand what's with WiFi, I got a Factory SVC remocon at Amazon. WiFi seems dead (NG/NG).

But I accidentally pressed the "P-ONLY" button.

It told me to push "EXIT" and "PowerOff" to return. But it did not return to normal operation.

- every channel or input switch passes through bright blue screen.

- OS system manager does not boot up unless "home" button is pressed at user remocon.

- Seems like the blue screen blocks screensaver and backlight dimming.

How can I turn the TV back to normal user mode without all that bluescreen staff, with normal system manager boot?

1 answer to this question

OK. I didn't wait and just made an In-Stop. What a pain. Expected it to ask for full reset, or just stop the service mode... required to calibrate the screen again.

If there is a simpler way to come back to user mode without reset, please share. My child loves playing with remocons and it will surely happen again. I want to be prepared.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By David Daul
      My magic remote and my Roku remote stopped working for turning off power so I performed a factory reset after troubleshooting to get the remote working.  I am now stuck at the 1st screen of the Factory Reset which says "Press the OK Button(wheel) on your remote."  Well... this really stinks because the remote doesn't work!!!  I have tried a USB mouse, a new magic remote, other LG Remotes with no luck.  I have also tried using the button on the bottom of the tv.  And, I contacted support which was just an exercise in redoing everything I had already tried... No Luck!!
      This is a Nano Cell 55NANO81ANA which is basically just a big brick now since I cannot even use any of the inputs.  Does anyone have a trick for getting past this initial screen???
      Thanks for the help.
    • By Kingfamily
      My remote and tv were working perfectly fine until my power button wouldn’t turn my tv off. Every other button worked except the power button so I changed the batteries and nothing changed. So then I pressed the home and back button thing and it de-registered my remote. So when I press ok to re-register my remote nothing was working on the remote at all. The power light still turns on with every button I press but will not connect back to the tv. So I then download the thinkQ app and oroceed to reset my tv. Which was probably the worst mistake I could make because now my tv is stuck on “press the ok(wheel) button on your remote” and cannot detect the remote what so ever. I keep calling customer care but they keep telling me to buy a new remote which I don’t think is the problem since it works on my other lg tvs in the home. I’m stuck with a tv that won’t display anything but press ok(wheel) button on your remote. 
    • By News Reporter
      LG is Teaming Up with NTS to Showcase the Brand-new MoodUP at the
      “Notes + Tones” Event Featuring Themed Cocktail Pairings and Music Programmed by NTS
      BERLIN, Sep. 1, 2022 — LG Electronics (LG) is set to host a sophisticated party in Berlin, to share the brilliance of its new MoodUP refrigerator, unveiled today at IFA 2022. Held in partnership with NTS Radio – a global online radio station and media platform – the event will present inspiring, mood-driven experiences centered on LG’s latest kitchen innovation ‘MoodUP’ refrigerator. With its revolutionary, color-changing LED door panels, LG MoodUP delivers unrivaled interior design flexibility and a new way to create a stylish, integrated kitchen.
      Taking cues from the creative potential of the MoodUP refrigerator, the Notes + Tones event will showcase a range of moods by mixing color, sound and flavor. From ‘Roots’ – a mix of warm, natural tones, reggae and jazz, and flavors like whiskey and smoke to ‘Sky’ – bright, bold hues, glossy electronica, and punches of rum, mango and absinthe. A dynamic installation of MoodUP refrigerator will cue the shifts in mood throughout the evening. As the palette of the fridges shifts, the colors and lighting in the space, the genres of music in the DJ sets and the flavors on the cocktail menu will shift with it.
      Along with meeting the new MoodUP refrigerator and enjoying delicious, hand-crafted drinks, guests at the event will get to spend an evening listening to great sounds, with themed sets programmed by NTS and featuring DJs Eva Geist, mobilegirl, Slim Soledad and Zakia. Notes + Tones kicks off at CAN on the evening of September 3.
      Those in attendance will also have the opportunity to see how easy it is to change the MoodUP’s color or theme using the LG ThinQ app. What’s more, they’ll even receive a specially-made cocktail matched to their favorite MoodUP look.
      “The MoodUP refrigerator is a highly-evolved home appliance that can change colors to match users’ moods and enhance the kitchen environment,” said Lyu Jae-cheol, president of LG Electronics Home Appliance & Air Solution Company. “We are thrilled to be collaborating with NTS on this exciting event. They play with a broad spectrum of genres and sounds which made them the perfect partners to showcase the many moods and hues of the MoodUP fridge.”
      The brand-new MoodUP refrigerator is on display at LG’s exhibition booth in Hall 18, Messe Berlin during IFA 2022 (September 2-6).
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Bernardo Garza Landa
      As this feature (Screen Off)  is mainly used for music, I think the `mute` button should have the same behaviour as the volume buttons and keep the screen off after pressing it.
    • By turtuv
      hi guys, I have an LG CX65 bought a month ago. it's already happened two times that while I was watching a normal TV channel the fireworks screensaver kicked in. After the first time I did a reset of the TV, but it happened again today. Someone has experienced this issue? If could be useful to know, I have an Xbox series x, a ps5 and a soundbar connected respectively to HDMI port 1, 2 and 3 and the consoles always stays in sleep mode. they works great, no problem at all, and the hdmi cables are brand new.
      the first time the fireworks kicked in while a was watching a news Channel i has only the soundbar and PS4 connected tho.
      I hope you can help me out

Inviato dal mio SM-G965F utilizzando Tapatalk