Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Sign in to follow this  
NewsDummy

PreCentral: Mobile Nations Fitness Month round up!

Mobile Nations Fitness Month

The month may be over, but the Mobile Nations quest to use our phones and tablets, apps and accessories to get stronger, faster, and healthier continues!

February was fitness month at Mobile Nations, the month we sought to keep our new year's hopes and dreams of thinner waistlines and fitter bodies alive. Week after week we picked reasonable, attainable goals and strove to keep them -- eating less and better, moving farther and more frequently, lifting more than ever before.

From Android Central to CrackBerry.com, from iMore to WPCentral to webOS Nation, we checked out all the best ways to use our phones and tablets to improve our mobile lives, and all the top apps and accessories focused on our health and fitness. And you did it right along with us in our forums!

So here we are, at the end of the month, having achieved tremendous successes, suffered occasional setbacks, but sticking together and seeing it through. And this is far from the end -- we're going to keep covering eHealth/iHealth and eFitness/iFitness year round. We're also going to focus on health and fitness again, and we're going to bring in some experts to help us bring you even better, more helpful coverage.

But for now it's time to enjoy a well deserved break. A cheat meal. A rest between sets. Take a seat, crack open a shake, and relax. Here's your Mobile Nations fitness month round up!

read more

mf.gif
emailthis2.gif bookmark.gif

a2.imga2t.imgMGmdqEWTHF0

View the full article

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Forum Topics

• Question: Netflix unable to cast through mobile App

I just got an LG 55" smart TV with WebOS 3.0 was able to setup everything including network.

Installed and updated Netflix. But when i try using my Phone (Note8) Netflix and cast to the TV it only opens the netflix on the TV. Doesnt stream or open any movies that I select in my phone Netflix app. On my phone Its showing  that it is casting but doesnt play on the TV

Anyone encountered this issue? And fix you can recommend please?

Youtube is perfectly working with casting through the phone YouTube app

By Hellows, in LG webOS Smart TV App Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 0 answers
    • The Palm Pre is still one of the most forward-thinking phones 9 years after it launched

If you haven't noticed of late, the latest iterations of iOS and Android heavily leverage gestures with their user interfaces – something that a now defunct mobile platform was known for notoriously implementing. It's almost unbelievable to know that the Palm Pre was launched almost 9 years ago, which in the smartphone industry is a really, really long time. Looking back at what it helped to establish, there's no denying that it was simply one of those phones that was too ahead of its time.  It's almost unbelievable to know that the Palm Pre was launched almost 9 years ago. One look at the Palm Pre when it first came onto the scene, its polished stone resemblance was a sight to behold back in 2009 – more so when it featured a portrait sliding QWERTY keyboard. For Palm, it was its most radically designed smartphone, setting itself apart not only from Palm's line of devices, but from all smartphones in general. Even more impressive, the Palm Pre featured wireless charging, which is a feature that only recently became akin to mostly high-end smartphones nowadays. While the phone's specs weren't ground-breaking for a smartphone during its time, it's memorable for the software that Palm meticulously developed. Palm's webOS was something truly different! And it's really ironic how iOS and Android today adopted many of webOS' signature looks and features. The cards view we get in both mobile operating systems was something that webOS brought along back when it was introduced in 2009. Moreover, webOS heavily leveraged a ton of finger gestures for users to navigate around the platform. From the swipe up gesture that "minimized" apps into their card view, to swiping away to close those apps, a lot is owed to the fundamental principles of webOS.   Above all, though, the Palm Pre was ahead of its time thanks to its "Synergy" groundwork – something that intelligently populated the correct information with your contacts. Essentially, Synergy helped to merge your data from all your services, whether they were email, instant messaging, or just general address book information, Synergy just took the hassle of managing all of that on our own. There was also the universal search that webOS offered, which is yet another staple feature in today's smartphones. However, we do recall how Palm was trying to sell us the vision of the future with Synergy – how a personal digital assistant of sorts could intelligently aid us. It reminds us of all the talk we have now about artificial intelligence. Palm sold us on the idea of how one day webOS can detect that you've snoozed your alarm too many times and automatically send text messages to the folks you're scheduled to meet up with – to tell them that you're going to be late. And that's all accomplished with Synergy's potential capabilities! As we all know, we never got to that point with webOS, which is a shame because the platform was undeniably ahead of its time. Quite frankly, it's still unbelievable that the Palm Pre was released 9 years ago. Just think about the possibilities if webOS somehow managed to survive and thrive. Then again, today's mobile platforms have clearly adopted many of webOS' features, which shows why the Palm Pre is a testament in being regarded as one of the most revolutionary phones ever to be imagined. Source: https://www.phonearena.com/news/The-Palm-Pre-is-still-one-of-the-most-foward-thinking-phones-9-years-after-it-launched_id105225

By Alex, in Palm Pre and Pre Plus

• 0 replies
    • Question: Hot Star live videos are not displayed on tv screen when I cast from my mobile.

Hi LG, When I am sharing my mobile screen with the TV it is working fine. I am able to see videos, photos etc. But when I am sharing my screen for HotStar app to watch live match, the screen does not display the cricket, I can only hear the sound. And when try to open the HotStar via browser, it is displaying a message, hot star is not available in your location(hyderabad). Can you please help me out with this.

By vinod12, in LG webOS Smart TV App Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 0 answers
    • Question: "Mobile TV On" doesn't work

Any idea how to make this work? I have paired various apps including the LG Tv Plus app and I have also got "Mobile TV On" set to on. TV is connected via WiFi and also ethernet cable. However when I turn off the TV via any of the apps the tv then also disappears from the network thus I cannot access it to turn it on. I have tried to use Mobile TV On with just Wifi turned on or with just Ethernet Cable turned on as well as both but no luck either way. Any ideas what Im doing wrong here? Many thanks. My TV is on software 04.70.20 and its model number is 55UJ634V-ZD. Many thanks.

By Cestmoi, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 1 answer
    • LG's webOS Platform Continues 2017 Expansion With Sling TV, Growth Of Channel Plus

Sling TV Now Available on 2017 LG OLED and LG SUPER UHD Models; Channel Plus Reaches 100+ Premium, Digital Channels   ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J., Aug. 7, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The popular webOS smart TV platform from LG Electronics continues to raise the bar with major additions to its already robust content offerings. Leading that expansion are the addition of Sling TV to 2017 LG OLED and LG SUPER UHD smart TV models and the continued growth of the Channel Plus app which has now surpassed 100 channels of content. The popular webOS smart TV platform from LG Electronics continues to raise the bar with major additions to its already robust content offerings. Included in the expansion is the continued growth of the Channel Plus app which has now surpassed 100 channels of content. Sling TV – now available on 2017 LG OLED and LG SUPER UHD webOS 3.5-enabled smart TVs – is the first of its kind to offer live and on-demand OTT television services, including general market, Latino and International live and on-demand programming. The 2017 LG OLED and LG SUPER UHD TVs feature webOS 3.5, the latest version of LG's award-winning smart TV platform, which makes switching between content options – including broadcast TV, streaming services and external devices – simple and fast. With the LG Magic Remote and refined launcher bar, viewers have access to a limitless world of premium content – including 4K Ultra HD and high dynamic range (HDR) streaming content – from the most popular entertainment providers including Netflix, Amazon Video and Vudu, as well as Sling TV and Channel Plus. "The addition of Sling TV and more Channel Plus content provides LG OLED and LG SUPER UHD TV owners access to a robust slate of live TV and on-demand content," said Matt Durgin, LG Electronics USA's director of content innovation. "With literally hundreds of channels from top-tier content providers at their fingertips via our webOS smart TV platform, consumers can enjoy the content they love when they want to see it and on some of the top-rated TVs on the market." Channel Plus
      Powered by XUMO, Channel Plus is a unique, intuitive streaming service integrated into 2016 and 2017 LG smart TVs running webOS 3.0 and 3.5. Channel Plus delivers both live and on-demand streaming content through an innovative interface that presents over-the-air broadcast channels alongside over-the-top (OTT) streaming channels. "The innovation behind seamlessly merging 100 different linearly programmed OTT streams with the traditional channel lineup provides a remarkable value-add for LG customers," said Stefan Van Engen, XUMO's senior vice president of content programming and acquisitions. "The increased distribution and easy discovery of new content and channels on webOS makes Channel Plus a solution that directly aligns with the strategic distribution plans of our digital-first partners." Among Channel Plus offerings are Bloomberg Politics (IP-129), Funny Or Die (IP-201), Just For Laughs (IP-203), Baeble Music (IP-286), PBS Digital Studios (IP-291), Family Feud (IP-310), People/Entertainment Weekly Network (IP-321), Cheddar (IP-361), Tastemade (IP-406), HSN (IP-457), Refinery29 (IP-460) and more. Sling TV
      Sling TV – now available on 2017 LG OLED and LG SUPER UHD webOS 3.5-enabled smart TVs – is the first of its kind to offer live and on-demand OTT television services, including general market, Latino and International live and on-demand programming. Also available on 2016 LG smart TVs since earlier this year, Sling TV is the number one live OTT service based on the number of OTT households as reported by comScore as of April 2017. Sling TV is available on smart televisions, tablets, game consoles, computers, smartphones and other streaming devices. Sling TV offers two domestic streaming services and extras that collectively include more than 150 channels and programming content from Disney/ESPN (Sling Orange/single-stream only), Fox (Sling Blue/multi-stream), NBC (Sling Blue/multi-stream), NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Network, Pac-12 Networks, HBO®, SHOWTIME, STARZ, AMC, A&E, Turner, Scripps, GSN, Hallmark, Viacom, EPIX, AXS and Univision. Additionally, Sling TV offers a suite of standalone and add-on Spanish-language packages and services tailored to English-dominant, bilingual and Spanish-dominant U.S. households. Sling TV also provides more than 300 channels in 22 languages across multiple devices to U.S. households.     For more information on LG OLED and LG SUPER UHD TVs, please visit http://www.lg.com/us/experience-tvs/oled-tv.   "LG" and the LG logo are trademarks of LG Corp. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners. About LG Electronics USA 
      LG Electronics USA Inc., based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., is the North American subsidiary of LG Electronics, Inc., a $48 billion global force and technology leader in home appliances, consumer electronics and mobile communications. LG Electronics sells a range of stylish and innovative home entertainment products, mobile phones, home appliances, commercial displays, air conditioning systems and solar energy solutions in the United States, all under LG's "Life's Good" marketing theme.   SOURCE LG Electronics USA Related Links http://www.lg.com

By Alex, in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion

• 0 replies