Quantcast

OAuth & Redirect back to app

I develop an app that needs to support a 3rd party login functionality, so that I don't have to onboard uses, secure and process user data, etc.

The general flow is as follows: 

1. Launch app

2. Navigate away to the 3rd party login screen

3. Login

4. Redirect back to the app

I've integrated the vendor login screen, i.e. my app is opening said webpage in its own container, but I'm unable to navigate back to my app upon successful login.

Is this feature supported at all? If so, how should I go about it?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Normally you have to give the return URL in your call to the signin-page of the oauth-provider. And you have to configure your app with the provider.

Mostly oauth-providers have an example pages for developers, for example

link hidden, please login to view

Hey, Robbie!

Thank you so much for the reply! I should've made it clear that I'm porting a Web app to webOS. I have the functionality in place and it is working in Desktop/Mobile browsers.

The issue itself is that, I need to go back to the webOS app and I'm not able to do it if I simply pass "file:///media/developer/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.cool.app/index.html".

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/7/2022 at 5:38 PM, ndimitrov said:

Hey, Robbie!

Thank you so much for the reply! I should've made it clear that I'm porting a Web app to webOS. I have the functionality in place and it is working in Desktop/Mobile browsers.

The issue itself is that, I need to go back to the webOS app and I'm not able to do it if I simply pass "file:///media/developer/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.cool.app/index.html".

I was looking for the same solution since LG Supersign doesn't support OAuth (only support database or ActiveDirectory), I think the only way is to do the following:

1) first, use an API Gateway to protect your LG SS from accessing by anyone who doesn't have a valid JWT Token.

2) Launch app

3) Navigate away to the 3rd party login screen

4) Login

5). Redirect back to the app...here you redirect to the API GW endpoint in (1).

6) API GW validate the JWT token and wheee user has LG SS Token.

7) since user doesn't have LG SS token. You can use a custom app or Lambda to perform login to LG SS thru OPENAPI (by LGSS). This process can be handled in the background so user won't realise there is a 2nd login to LG SS.

8.) pon success login to LG SS. You will receive the LGSS token. Add it into the user session. Your session should have JWT and LG SS token.

9) Redirect user to API GW again, which check JWT and LG SS. Since they are valid redirect user to LG SS Web page. 

Make sense?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.