Quantcast

Nvidia’s cloud gaming service arrives on LG TVs

Nvidia’s cloud gaming service arrives on LG TVs

Nvidia’s GeForce Now app for LG TVs has exited beta, the graphics card manufacturer announced today. The cloud gaming service was released in beta last November for select LG televisions and lets you stream games off Nvidia’s servers bought on stores like Steam and the Epic Games Store.

If you’ve got a compatible 2021 LG TV, you can download the GeForce Now app from the LG Content Store. To celebrate the launch, Nvidia is offering six months of GeForce Now’s Priority tier free with qualifying LG TV purchases between February 1st and March 27th.

Although it’s previously been possible to access Nvidia’s streaming service on the Nvidia Shield, being able to access the service directly from a TV itself is a much more streamlined solution. Naturally, it’s also the cheaper option if you’re someone who doesn’t already own Nvidia’s set-top box and don’t fancy plugging another GeForce Now-compatible device into your TV.

Alongside the official launch of the LG TV app, Nvidia also says it’s rolling out new resolution upscaling options to GeForce Now. These are designed to make up the difference when your streaming resolution (determined by your network’s bandwidth) is less than your display resolution. There are now three upscaling modes: “standard,” which is on by default, “enhanced,” which offers better quality at the risk of adding latency, and “AI-enhanced,” which offers the best upscaling quality but is only available on the Nvidia Shield or PCs with select Nvidia GPUs. As well as upscaling, the feature can also downscale content when your display resolution is lower than your streaming resolution.

Nvidia also has a handful of new games coming to its streaming service this week: Mortal Online 2, Daemon X Machina, Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition, Tropico 6, and Assassin’s Creed III Deluxe Edition.

Source: 

link hidden, please login to view

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This part made me laugh "Although it’s previously been possible to access Nvidia’s streaming service on the Nvidia Shield, being able to access the service directly from a TV itself is a much more streamlined solution. Naturally, it’s also the cheaper option"

I paid a lot of money for your "Smart TV" i could have paid less than half the price for a normal TV and a Nvidia Shield.

Now you are saying that my expensive LG TV is not even compatible with this Nvidia app and i now need to buy another LG TV just to use this app........ Please explain how that is the cheaper option?

I have had nothing but problem after problem with my LG TV. They have actively downgraded my TV and stopped support for anything useful, you can not even update Chrome or change to anything other than the three worst search engines. I have about half a Gig of onboard memory.... for everything. The app store is a disgrace. I can not stream without the TV closing down to "save memory" i have constant problems with pages loading, the list is endless. 

I made a promise to myself that i would never fall for the LG BS and ever buy another LG TV.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Sucharek
      Hi, I've been trying to make a shortcut for turning off the screen. I managed to replace the prime video button on the magic remote to run youtube, now I've got the other keys for extra modification.
      My question is, can I find an app that can be used as a shortcut to turn off screen, or do I have to make it myself? And if so, how?
    • By GiotisCy
      Hello, 
      I have recently purchased an LG C2 Oled TV which I connected with my Samsung HW-Q800B 5.1 soundbar via eArc HDMI. When I select "Passthrough" as a Digital Sound Output on LG TV sound advanced settings, there is an obvious sound response delay around 3 seconds when I pause and unpause the movie on Netflix or Prime video streaming apps on LG TV. For example, when I start the movie, the video starts and sound starts 2-3 secs later. When I pause the movie, the sound continues for 2-3 secs after the video has been stopped. There is no any lip sync issue, just this response delay of the sound from the soundbar. This happens only on LG TV Apps. If I connect to an external HDMI device such as AMAZON Fire Stick 4K, there is no such sound delay issue neither on Netflix neither on Prime Video. 
      Thus, the problem seems to be on LG TV apps.
      If I change the Digital Sound Output to "Auto" instead of "Passthrough" the issue is gone but sound quality is not as good as with Passthrough selected. So I do not want this to be my option.
      I would appreciate if someone could come with a solution on this. 

• By Alann
      I have only notices when streaming. Streaming stop on some error and the tv locks up. Remote no loaner works. I have to unplug to reboot the tv. Never happy when just watching tv.
    • By News Reporter
      Boasting a 360Hz Refresh Rate and NVIDIA Reflex Response Time,
      the 25GR75FG Will be Unveiled at Major EMEA Esports Event Held in January

SEOUL, Jan. 16, 2022 — LG Electronics’ (LG) latest UltraGear gaming monitor (model 25GR75FG) has been named the official display of the League of Legends EMEA Championship (LEC) 2023. The new monitor will make its debut during the upcoming LEC season, which begins this weekend, supporting players from the region’s top teams as they battle it out for tournament honors. LG UltraGear is proud to continue its strong partnership with LEC, one of the world’s most popular esports leagues, and remains committed to fostering the growth of esports internationally.
      Designed for competitive esports, the latest LG UltraGear gaming monitor delivers outstanding picture quality and speed thanks to a 24.5-inch Full-HD (1,920 x 1,080) IPS display with a 360Hz refresh rate and 1 millisecond Gray-to-Gray (GTG) response time. The performance of LG’s new gaming display is further boosted by the integration of NVIDIA G-SYNC technology, which minimizes screen-tearing for seamless visuals, and NVIDIA Reflex, which helps to reduce click-to-display latency for more precise control of the onscreen action. VESA Display HDR 400 certified, the 25GR75FG also ensures bright, clear images and has a 3-sided borderless design that helps increase players’ sense of immersion, making it easier to focus during fierce competition.
      As part of its ongoing partnership with LEC, LG has been providing the professional league with its world-class UltraGear gaming monitors since 2022. The 25GR75FG is being adopted by LEC for the 2023 season, which is being held in a brand-new format by merging Europe, Türkiye and CIS with the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) to create EMEA, a united competitive League of Legends Esports region. Optimized for esports, the 25GR75FG has been upgraded from its predecessor with the help of feedback from LEC players. The design, features and capabilities of the new UltraGear model make it an ideal choice not only for pro-players, but for anyone who loves the thrill of competitive gaming.
      “We are delighted to announce the continuation of our partnership with LG for the upcoming LEC 2023 Season,” said Eva Suarez, head of partnerships for EMEA at Riot Games. “We’re dedicated to providing our competitors with the best gaming experience possible and the new LG UltraGear gaming monitor will go a long way in offering our League of Legends pros outstanding picture quality every time they step onto the LEC stage.”
      “LG is very excited to introduce the 25GR75FG at the upcoming LEC 2023,” said Seo Young-jae, head of the IT business unit of LG Electronics Business Solutions Company. “Super-fast gear fine-tuned for the demands of professional esports, our incredible high-performance display will be in the thick of the action as the best teams in the EMEA region play for victory. LG UltraGear will continue to support LEC and help foster the growth of esports worldwide.”
      To learn more about LEC 2023, check out and follow LG UltraGear (@
      link hidden, please login to view) and LEC (@) on Twitter. Specifications:
      LG UltraGear Gaming Monitor (25GR75FG)
      Display Type IPS Screen Size 24.5-inch Resolution FHD (1,920 x 1,080) Color Gamut sRGB 97% Refresh Rate 360Hz Response Time 1ms GTG HDR VESA DisplayHDR 400 Connectivity HDMI 2.0 x2 DisplayPort 1.4 x1
      USB 3.0 x1 Upstream, x2 Downstream
      H/P out
      Adaptive Sync NVIDIA® G-SYNC with Reflex Stand Tilt: -5º to +15º (Manual) Height: 110mm (Manual)
      Swivel: ±30º
      Pivot: Yes (Clockwise)
      Wall Mountable (100 x 100mm)
      # # #

• By venkateswara rao kurakula
      how to free games download in apk file