Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Sign in to follow this  
NewsDummy

PreCentral: Track your data usage with Netstat (homebrew)

netstatIn a world where unlimited data plans are no longer available and everyone is watching their data usage, having a way to keep track of your data usage on the device has become increasingly important. While other platforms have a native way to track this, even showing you daily data usage or usage by app, webOS has no such functionality. Most cellular carriers have codes your can dial to check (e.g. *3282# for AT&T), but even that will only show your cellular data usage. Instead, you can install the homebrew app

link hidden, please login to view
from either Preware or webOS Quick Install that will track your Wi-Fi, Cellular, and Bluetooth data separately. The app even has preferences to allow you to set cellular data Traffic Limit and specify what day of the month you want the app to reset your data. So, if you need to keep track of your cellular data usage, or are just curious how much data you use across both Wi-Fi and your cell network, check out Netstat. And for those that are worried, there has been no noticeable impact to battery life while using Netstat

mf.gif

a2t.imgE7itKCtFLTQ

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this