Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Sign in to follow this  
NewsDummy

PreCentral: Track your data usage with Netstat (homebrew)

netstatIn a world where unlimited data plans are no longer available and everyone is watching their data usage, having a way to keep track of your data usage on the device has become increasingly important. While other platforms have a native way to track this, even showing you daily data usage or usage by app, webOS has no such functionality. Most cellular carriers have codes your can dial to check (e.g. *3282# for AT&T), but even that will only show your cellular data usage. Instead, you can install the homebrew app Netstat from either Preware or webOS Quick Install that will track your Wi-Fi, Cellular, and Bluetooth data separately. The app even has preferences to allow you to set cellular data Traffic Limit and specify what day of the month you want the app to reset your data. So, if you need to keep track of your cellular data usage, or are just curious how much data you use across both Wi-Fi and your cell network, check out Netstat. And for those that are worried, there has been no noticeable impact to battery life while using Netstat

mf.gif
emailthis2.gif bookmark.gif

a2.imga2t.imgE7itKCtFLTQ

View the full article

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Forum Topics

• Question: LG WebOS version 5.30 Not showing Google Assistant set up

Trying to connect my tv to google assistant. Tv is up to date to version 5.30 but it doesn’t show the google Assistant set up tab like it says it should on the lg website. Can anyone help. Model number 65uh5500

in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Question: Data Cap and Stream Quality

Ive lived in a city my whole life, and just moved to a rural area that has 6x more expensive internet that is 4x slower and has low 50gb monthly data cap... thanks VIASAT AND HUGHES NET! Anyway, I think i may get me a lg uk6200, mainly cause low input lag, and hopefully I THINK its the 6300 without the stupid slimAI, and bluetooth features... hopefully.. I ask, with the amazon, netflix, hulu app, and youtube app, Can i set the data rate to SD or lower. I simply cannot use 720 or 1080, or by god 4k or i will hit my cap limit in probably a few days. or hours lol.   I used to love my palm pixi and hopefully the webos evolved a bit to accomodate the world that has data caps. It would be nice to hear someone who knows the question... otherwise I will probably have to buy a roku for that functionality

• Question: files on USB device shown as ._xxx.jpg

To have a picture  show on my new LG OLED55B87LC I've connected an external USB 3.0 hard disk (formatted with MS-DOS FAT32 on my iMac) that I've filled with hundreds of pictures from my Fotos App.  But when I open this drive on the TV the jpg pictures (numbered 1.jpg to 999.jpg) show up as ._1.jpg to ._999.jpg. When I scroll down at the end the list then the real jpg`s appear. So it looks like there's a copy of each file on this drive starting with  ._  ?? And all of them can't be shown on the TV - they look faulty ?  I've tried out with another drive / USB stick - just the same problem. Does anyone experience the same problems ? Do USB devices have to be formatted in a special way ? Any idea how to solve this ? 

Ah - and beside this strange thing - is it normal that it last that long for the system of the TV to create all the thumbnail pictures to show on the TV ? When I scroll through a long list of pictures it lasts always a few seconds until the icons of the pictures really show the contents. This is really annoying because it makes the feature useless if I need several minutes to find a picture I'm searching for. Why is it that slow ? Is the USB connection only with 2.0 Standard ? Or is it a performance problem of WebOS ?   

• LG INTRODUCES WORLD’S FIRST 8K OLED TV

First To Mass Produce Large Screen OLED TVs, LG Poised to Lead Market in Advanced Premium TV Technologies BERLIN, Aug. 29, 2018 — Already a leader in advancing TV innovation with its OLED TVs, LG Electronics (LG) is introducing the world’s first 8K (7680 x 4320) OLED TV. Previewed at IFA 2018, the 88-inch class 8K LG OLED TV features over 33 million self-emitting pixels to produce the unmatched contrast ratio and true blacks that define OLED TV’s iconic picture quality. With OLED TV shipments in the market expected to double in 2018 and reach over nine million units by 2022, LG will continue to increase the OLED share in its premium TV portfolio and drive large scale consumer adoption of OLED TVs. While the 8K TV market is still in its infancy, it is expected to grow to more than 5 million units by 2022, and LG is committed to leading the ultra-premium market with its 8K OLED TV technology. Despite advancements in LCD field, OLED has been often referred to as the “nextgeneration display technology” because it emits its own light, eliminating the need for any kind of backlighting. This allows for state-of-art TVs which redefine both the picture quality and the product design. Not only was LG able to pioneer such technologies, but it was also able to successfully market them. “LG’s first 8K OLED TV is the pinnacle of technological achievement and the next evolutionary step in display technology,” said Brian Kwon, president of LG Home Entertainment Company. “4K OLED played a major role in reshaping TV industry and LG is confident that 8K OLED will do the same.” LG introduced the 88" 8k OLED TV at CES 2018  

in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion

• Question: webOS 04.71.00 on LG OLED65C7P no longer outputs to Optical/HDMI ARC?

I'm not sure if something happened with webOS update 04.71.00, but my LG OLED65C7P no longer outputs sound to my LG SJ9 soundbar in Optical/HDMI ARC mode. SIMPLINK is on, HDMI cable hasn't moved, everything had been working like a charm for a year+, then no sound unless I switch to TV speakers, which is a bummer. Anybody else in that situation? Ugh, apparently it started with 04.70.85, others are having this issue here.