Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Sign in to follow this  
NewsDummy

PreCentral: HP Q1 2012 earnings down 38% from last year

HPThe past year has been a tumultuous one for HP, and though things are starting to settle down in Palo Alto, the company's Q1 2012 earnings report doesn't bode well. HP brought in $30 billion of revenue (down 7% from the same quarter last year), from which they netted a profit of $1.5 billion (down a staggering 38%). The computer-producing Personal Systems Group (which also previously built webOS devices) saw a 15% decline in revenue, with desktops and notebooks dropping 18% and 18%. Imaging and Printing also isn't looking good, with a 15% drop for HP's typically reliable revenue and profit center.

It's brutal, but at least HP managed to bring in some profit and meet their own projections, and they're taking steps to do better going forward. Said CEO Meg Whitman, "We are taking the necessary steps to improve execution, increase effectiveness and capitalize on emerging opportunities to reassert HP's technology leadership." How webOS will factor into that strategy, well,

link hidden, please login to view

Press release and full financial statement is after the break.

mf.gif

a2t.imgYgvXFxuWw_8

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Topics

• By Alex
      LG has unveiled the pricing and release plans for some of its 2019 OLED TV lineup, basically mirroring the company’s playbook from last year. These are some of the very best TVs you can buy, so LG is continuing to price them as such.
      The 2019 C9 (65-inch, 55-inch) and E9 (65-inch) series TVs will start shipping in April. The 77-inch model of the C9 and 55-inch E9 will hit stores a bit later in May and June, respectively. And this year’s update to LG’s “wallpaper” TVs — to be available in 65- and 75-inch sizes — will come out in June.
      (If you were wondering, no, there’s still not at a firm price or release date for the stunning rollable TV.)
      LG’s TV branding can be pretty confusing, but all of these TVs fundamentally share the same display quality and the latest features that the company first announced at CES: that includes AirPlay 2, built-in support for Amazon Alexa voice commands, improved image processing, and more. LG claims itself as the only major TV manufacturer offering both Alexa and Google Assistant out of the box, whereas some other brands (Samsung, Roku TVs, etc.) only support them through external speakers you might already own.

The TVs also feature HDMI 2.1, future-proofing them for any content (and just about any frame rate) that might be coming down the pipe over the next several years.
      But they differ in what’s around the screen; the E9 series has glass on all four sides, most noticeably at the bottom. The C9 doesn’t get quite that fancy. And the W9 (wallpaper) series puts the same display into a design that’s almost unfathomably thin.
      LG has said only its 2019 TVs will gain AirPlay 2 and HomeKit functionality; other TV makers including Samsung and Vizio are also adding the useful feature to their older sets. It’d be nice if the company would reconsider this, but I’m not holding out hope.

Below are the prices and release months for the C9, E9, and W9 LG OLED ThinQ TVs. I’d advise against buying them soon after launch, as LG’s OLEDs tend to see big markdowns near the end of the year.
      LG C9 OLED 4K TVs:
      77-inch: $6,999 (May)
      65-inch: $3,499 (April)
      55-inch: $2,499 (April)
      LG E9 OLED 4K TVs:
      65-inch: $4,299 (April)
      55-inch: $3,299 (June)
      LG W9 Wallpaper OLED 4K TVs:
      77-inch: $12,999 (June)
      65-inch: $6,999 (June)

Source: 
    • By Primo001
      Hi, 
      I've tried to find the answer online but can't seem to find it.
      Just got my LG 65SM8200PLA tv and updated it once to version 3.60. This was easy and worked but it won't update to any versions newer than this. I read some people have firmware version 4.00 / 5.00. My TV says its the 2019 model... 
    • By JCM
      Hi
      I've had Amazon Prime working fine on my LG TV. But recently found that the app does not start up. It stays on the starting logo screen and does nothing else. Sometimes the image stutters and looks like the app is trying to restart itself but with no luck. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it. from what I can see the app has not updated recently so don't really know what has changed. This issue has now also started to happen on one of my other LG tv's in the house.
      Has Anyone else has a similar issue?
      J
    • By pivotCE
      Yo! We heard you like open sourced webOS so
      link hidden, please login to view the open source of webOS! Ok, so that’s not entirely accurate since
      link hidden, please login to view from HP after link hidden, please login to view…well…bits and pieces of it back in 2012. So no, you’re not stuck in a Doctor Strange time loop.
      webOS has been open sourced before but not by LG.  This news comes as a shock to the current legacy webOS community still rocking Pre 3s and waiting for LuneOS to reach “driver” status.  The community hasn’t poured through the code as of yet but it immediately begs certain questions:
      Will the work on LuneOS be helped or hindered by additional LG open source code which LG had already been committing too for some time (though they have missed some of their promised bits for a while)? What hardware limitations are there for use of the software? Still looking for that link hidden, please login to view… How flexible (read: portable) is it? How complete is it?  HP’s open source webOS was decidedly incomplete… We’ll keep you updated on the developments on this as they become available.  For now, the conversation has started on the forums so feel free to
      link hidden, please login to view. #webOSforever
      Related posts:
      link hidden, please login to view link hidden, please login to view link hidden, please login to view
    • By Mostafa Hammad
      Hi people
      I have lg lf 6500 smart 3d tv
      The screen mirroring worked just once since i bought the tv then no way to make it working