Quantcast

webOSroundup: Virtual Enyo Hackathon on March 4th and a Pre3 Raffle

News Reporter

enyo.jpg

There has been some exciting chatter coming out of the internet tubes and pipes involving Enyo development and the community. Thanks to our friend Ben Stern (aka @webOSdealer) and others in the community, we have ourselves a nationwide Hackathon on the horizon! This is certainly not going to be you grandma’s hackathon. You know, if your grandma had a hackathon and all.

On Sunday, March 4th the New York City webOS Developer and Enthusiast meetup will be hosting  a Virtual Hackathon between 12pm and  6pm. In addition to the New York meetup , Other meetups participating in the hackathon include San Diego, Indianapolis, and Dallas. There are 3 ways those who are interested will be able to participate:

• Attend one of the local participating webOS meetups.
  • Gather with a few of your local devs and register as a team.
  • Register as an individual

At the start of the event there will be an Introduction to Enyo and presentation by HP webOS Developer Platform Architect Ben Combee via Ustream. Ben will also participate in a Q&A session half way through the event. Not content at offering just hackathon prizes, there will also be a that is open to anyone in the world. There isn’t any word yet on what will be worked on, but things are shaping up to be an event not to miss.

Those that are interested—honestly who wouldn’t be—should make their way over to to register. Enyo developers, it is time to get your game face on!

Source:

A9pextirAvk

link hidden, please login to view

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By ssaguiar
      I am developing an app wich is a video player for an iptv provider.
      The app is based on html5, css and javascript.
      At this point everything done till now is working and tested in 5 different browsers and in a Samsung smart tv.
      The problem is that when I installed this app in a LG tv it messed up all the interface.
      After searching for the problem I discovered that the use og css grid was the problem.
      LG WebOs doesn't have support for the grid system? The css grid exists at least from 2017.
      Any clues on how to solve this problem or I have to rewrite one version of the app only for the LG?

Thanks for any help.
    • By Kavitha
      Model: 42UB700T-TH version 03.02.25. Has not got any software update since  3-4 Years - What a mess...…
      This TV is just a random box now... Once purchased this model - new version from LG was introduced; making this just a playing box...
      None of the recent OTT's can be installed..
      We need a fix or else some solution to it.
      Its really a disheartening experience after being loyal to this brand in any appliance we purchase.
    • By Josef
      I am recording videos to 
      link hidden, please login to view NAS. During the recording I like to watch the video (still recording).  The Photo and Video App on webOS does not show the file unless the recording has terminated. Is there a possibility to watch videos in webOS while it get recorded? Joseph

• By SNiPpy YiPpy
      Hello all,
      I believe this problem started after i accidently started and immediately cancelled the download of a app. After this I am unable to install or update any app evem after resetting to initial settings.
      This should be the exact problem found here https://www.lgwebos.com/topic/1918-because-i-can however the solution seems to require a new update. Help?
    • By News Reporter
      Live streaming has become a new method of entertainment and communication around the globe with the global live streaming audience expected to reach . This trend is especially true in esports so earlier this month at , the country’s popular festival to celebrate streamer culture, LG hosted top streamers, esports athletes, musicians, TikTok bloggers, video content creators and graphic designers who came to demonstrate their talent, share their stories and engage the audience.

LG’s exhibit was divided into four zones focusing on specific user experiences. The main stage focused on LG UltraGear and LG XBOOM, products that delivered high quality images and sound for spectacular esports matches, educational presentations on responsible gaming, quizzes with prizes as well as live performances by musicians.

The gaming zone encouraged visitors to experience Xbox on LG OLED TVs, the ideal combination for next-generation gaming thanks to OLED’s fast response time and unbeatable picture quality. In this zone, visitors were also treated to an immersive VR experience thanks to the powerful processing power of LG’s OLED technology.

The third zone was set up for computer graphic artists to create art and animate virtual heroes in real time with help from the powerful LG UltraFine Ergo 4K UHD monitor. The success and popularity of a game today depends greatly on its design and the designers behind it and LG UltraFine was developed with this customer in mind. The Ergo concept brings together the three key elements of image fidelity, ergonomic design and USB-C One Cable solution in a monitor that delivers unbeatable performance, user comfort and cleaner desk setup at the home or the office.

VIP Lounge made up the fourth zone, a casual space where visitors could relax, live stream to their fans and interact with their audiences on LG UltraGear monitors and LG ProBeam projectors.
      Based on the interest observed at Streamfest 2021, one would easily conclude that the growth and popularity of gaming and esports is limitless. LG’s commitment to innovating and developing cutting-edge products with gamers, streamers and viewers in mind is sure to endear Russians to LG for many years to come.
      Contributed by LG Russia
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view