Quantcast

LG’s GHG Emissions Reduction Target Validated by Climate Expert SBTi

News Reporter

Validation Confirms Soundness of LG’s Strategy to Use
Science-based Targets to Achieve Goals Set by Paris Agreement

Logo of LG Electronics

SEOUL, Nov. 1, 2021 — LG Electronics (LG) announced that its strategy for cutting greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions in the entire manufacturing process from production to use by 2030 has been independently reviewed and validated by climate expert SBTi, making LG the Korean manufacturer of home appliances to receive such recognition. The validation confirms LG’s confidence in its strategy to reduce the total amount of direct greenhouse gas emissions in line with Business Ambition for 1.5°C, which LG

link hidden, please login to view
to earlier this year.

SBTi is a global coalition organization co-founded by the Carbon Information Disclosure Project (CDP), United Nations Global Compact (UNGC), World Resources Institute (WRI) and World Wide Fund For Nature (WWF) to promote science-based targets for reducing GHG. To achieve its Zero Carbon 2030 pledge established in 2019, LG’s plan calls for reducing the total amount of direct greenhouse gas emissions in Scope 1 and targeting indirect greenhouse gases generated during the production process by 50 percent compared to 2017 standards in Scope 2. LG expects to reduce GHG emissions up to 20 percent in the product use stage compared to 2020 standards in Scope 3.

LG’s environmental commitment was on further display at last month’s Route to Net Zero: Asia conference hosted by Carbon Trust, the London-based business-led publicly funded organization founded 20 years ago to respond to climate change. The presentation covered the many LG appliances that have earned Carbon Trust Footprint Label and Water Footprint Certification for their effectiveness in reducing household carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions and water usage to minimize the products’ impact on the environment.

Under its recently unveiled Zero Negative Environmental Impact initiative, LG plans to establish more production sites that make a positive impact on the environment. To ensure that the company reaches its stretch goals for carbon neutrality and circular economy, LG announced its intention to reduce the use of petrochemical-based plastics by introducing up to 600,000 tons of recycled plastic into its manufacturing process by 2030 and nearly double the recovery of electronic waste to 8 million tons by the same year.

“As an industry leader, LG takes its responsibility as a good corporate citizen in the global community very seriously,” said Kim Joon-ho, executive vice president and head of LG Electronics’ Quality Management Center. “LG is firmly committed to realizing our carbon neutrality and net-zero science-based targets so that future generations will still be able to say that life’s good.”

# # #

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By GiotisCy
      Hello, 
      I have recently purchased an LG C2 Oled TV which I connected with my Samsung HW-Q800B 5.1 soundbar via eArc HDMI. When I select "Passthrough" as a Digital Sound Output on LG TV sound advanced settings, there is an obvious sound response delay around 3 seconds when I pause and unpause the movie on Netflix or Prime video streaming apps on LG TV. For example, when I start the movie, the video starts and sound starts 2-3 secs later. When I pause the movie, the sound continues for 2-3 secs after the video has been stopped. There is no any lip sync issue, just this response delay of the sound from the soundbar. This happens only on LG TV Apps. If I connect to an external HDMI device such as AMAZON Fire Stick 4K, there is no such sound delay issue neither on Netflix neither on Prime Video. 
      Thus, the problem seems to be on LG TV apps.
      If I change the Digital Sound Output to "Auto" instead of "Passthrough" the issue is gone but sound quality is not as good as with Passthrough selected. So I do not want this to be my option.
      I would appreciate if someone could come with a solution on this. 

• By Samreen Singh
      I am facing this issue after updating to the latest version of firmware. On my Wifi, I am not able to install/ update any app. Error is coming as written in the title of this post. But when I am using mobile hotspot everythings fine. I have tried all options resetting my router to factory reset, resetting TV, dns setting change to 8.8.8.8. but nothing is working for me for my Wifi.
      My tv model is LGUP7500PTZ pls help
    • By TimtheToolMan
      We just purchased a new LG WebOS TV OLED 65" and running the setup through the app or the TV remote says it can't load the user agreement. This is blocking us from getting to streaming apps like Nexflix or any smart functions like Voice assistant.
      TV worked fine for a few days but voice assistant stopped working and after much effort LG tech said to  Reset to Initial Settings. Now we have mentioned no smart functions. TV is on ethernet and its browser functions on web fine. Tried running off neighbor's wifi with same results.
      Tried switching to different country, unplugging/hold power button for 20 seconds/wait one minute,  resetting TV multiple times, setting up remote again, ...
      Error message: Unable to Load User Agreements  A server error has occurred while downloading  the User Agreements. You must download and agree to the terms of the User Agreements to use this feature or application. Do you want to try to download them again… Unable to Load User Agreements  Sorry, but the User Agreements  can't be downloaded at this time…Please check your internet connection and try again later.    No change when trying over five days.
      Now there is no local company available to service TV. Maybe it's time to send it back and give LG TV a one star rating. I am willing to change motherboards but doubt if LG would go along with that.
      Anyone have any ideas.

• By News Reporter
      Company’s Ultra-Premium Appliances Boast Cutting-Edge Technologies,
      Timeless Design and Outstanding Energy Efficiency

SEOUL, Dec. 29, 2022 — LG Electronics (LG) will unveil its second-generation LG SIGNATURE home appliance lineup at CES 2023. Offering timeless design and innovative technologies for a more convenient, stylish and sustainable life at home, the sophisticated, new products will be on show in the LG SIGNATURE zone of LG’s booth under the theme of ‘Live Beyond.’
      Seven years after its launch, LG SIGNATURE continues to redefine ultra-premium; delivering elegant, highly-advanced appliances and living solutions that take performance, design and usability to new heights. While remaining true to the brand’s philosophy and craftsman-like quality, the second-generation lineup adds differentiated features and technologies that offer even more convenience, as well as new colors, materials and finishes that bring a sleeker, more minimalist look to the home.
      The models on display at CES will include the brand-new LG SIGNATURE 4-Door French-Door refrigerator with Dual InstaView, a washer and dryer pair with 7-inch LCD touch panels, Over-the-Range Microwave Oven with smart InstaView as well as the double Oven Slide-in Range with built-in cameras, automatic time and temperature-setting functionality. Among other LG SIGNATURE products appearing in the exhibit are an air conditioner, air purifier, OLED TV and the Wine Cellar.
      The LG SIGNATURE zone, comprising of living room, laundry room and kitchen, has been created in partnership with Italian designer furniture brand, Molteni&C. The aesthetically refined, technologically advanced products from the LG SIGNATURE range will be complemented in each stylish appointed interior scene by Molteni&C’s stunning furniture pieces.
      “LG SIGNATURE second-generation appliances combine our exclusive technologies, an array of enhanced features of convenience and efficiency, and gorgeous, modern design for a smart, sustainable and more luxurious life at home,” said Lyu Jae-cheol, president of LG Electronics Home Appliance & Air Solution Company.
      Visitors to LG’s booth (#15501, Las Vegas Convention Center, Las Vegas) at CES 2023 from January 5-8 will have the opportunity to see all of the company’s latest lifestyle innovations, including the LG SIGNATURE second-generation appliances.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By DebsTV
      How do I get past the user agreement to use the installed apps?