Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

stevealexR1

Quad Step Noise Reduction (colour debanding) stopped working after Firmware 04.10.31 applied in mid March 2019

Question

Since update 04.10.31 was applied to my OLED55C8PLA TV, the Quad Step Noise Reduction “circuit” has completely stopped working. The “circuit” was previously activated by using the MPEG Noise Reduction menu. I always had it set to “Auto” and, by doing so, the awful colour banding effect was almost completely eliminated. From the attached pictures you will see that the picture now has awful colour banding regardless of which MPEG Noise Reduction setting is used.

This topic is currently being hotly debated on various online forums and people all over Europe are moaning that LG has deleted a major feature they (LG) actually used to sell their 2018 OLED TVs. 

I have actually been legally advised that as LG actually showed the benefits of Quad Step Noise Reduction when they advertised and promoted the 2018 OLED TV range, I should have right of financial redress against LG.

Whilst I am waiting for LG to release a firmware update to correct the bug in 04.10.31, I suggested that an LG mobile engineer visits my house to reinstall the previous version of the firmware so I can get the feature (that I paid for) back working as soon as possible.

I have sent various pictures (as attached to this question) of the colour banding now being produced now that Quad Step Noise Reduction (“decontouring”) is not working. I would stress that previously with MPEG Noise Reduction setting on High or Auto, the banding effect was eradicated.

So far, I am having trouble getting U.K. customer services to understand that in trying to solve other issues, Update 04.10.31 has caused this major problem. 

I would strongly suggest that everyone holds back from applying 04.10.31 if you don’t want to lose such an important feature. My picture quality has gone from being fantastic to, at times, unwatchable!

64EAFA94-2851-4C4E-9490-9E2A37A67712.jpeg

F8677C30-E5EB-4F3B-B5BF-14F636BE203D.jpeg

EFDF5C23-B9AE-41E1-ADC9-0CF1ACB79C9E.jpeg

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.