Quantcast

Fourth Industrial Revolution Well Underway at LG Smart Park

Many decades have passed since the first and second industrial revolutions birthed the factories, transportation and infrastructure that changed the world forever. The third industrial revolution is well underway and if LG has any say, the next revolution will be no less disruptive, with smart technologies changing both corporate cultures and customer experiences on a global scale.

LG-Smart-Park-01-600x342.jpg
LG Smart Park I at Changwon

LG is embracing this change with the digital transformation of its manufacturing processes, starting with its largest appliance facility. After four years and USD 668 million, LG transformed its main home appliance plant in Changwon into the eco-minded LG Smart Park. The first phase, Changwon Plant 1, will begin churning out refrigerators and water purifiers starting this month.

LG-Smart-Park-02-600x405.jpg
Kitchen appliance manufacturing automation

This digital transformation significantly increases automation in the process of manufacturing kitchen appliances, from assembling and inspecting to packaging the products. The integrated monitoring system employs big data and deep learning to further enhance production efficiency and quality competitiveness. What’s more, energy efficiency and safety are enhanced thanks to a more advanced energy management solution and earthquake-resistant architecture.

LG-Smart-Park-03-600x336.jpg
5G-powered automated guide vehicle

The factory’s logistics system has also been strengthened to secure the highest productivity possible through 5G-powered automated guide vehicles and an automatic supply system boasting cutting-edge technologies. Intelligent unmanned warehouses and high-altitude conveyor belts enable this next-generation facility to increase its annual production capacity from 2 to 3 million units.

LG-Smart-Park-04-600x375.jpg
A high-altitude conveyor belt delivering supplies inside the smart factory

LG Smart Park is optimized for LG’s modular design process which simplifies manufacturing to significantly reduce time and cost. Modular design simplifies and standardizes components that go into a product (like LEGO blocks) to more efficiently produce various products. This allows LG to reduce the time needed to develop new products that reflect the needs of different consumers.

LG-Smart-Park-05-600x376.jpg

LG’s plan for Smart Park is to expand the facility to six lines across two buildings by 2024 all the while continuing to deliver new value to consumers, enhancing and expanding its premium home appliance production systems on a global scale.

# # #

link hidden, please login to view

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      Licenses Proprietary LTE Communications Technology to Wiko Parent Tinno Mobile

SEOUL, Dec. 2, 2021 — LG Electronics (LG) has signed an agreement to license all of its LTE standard essential patents (SEP) to Tinno Mobile, the Chinese parent company of European smartphone brand Wiko. The license covers all Wiko-branded phones sold by Tinno Mobile worldwide.
      The recently completed arrangement is a strategic victory for LG, which filed three separate suits against Wiko in 2018 for infringing on its LTE SEPs. All cases were ruled in LG’s favor the following year, as were the two subsequent appeals filed by Wiko. The two companies were set to meet again in court this month, with LG seeking a sales ban on Wiko products in Germany, but came to an agreement three days before the new trial was set to begin.
      LG has made protecting its intellectual property a key component of its business strategy in the era of mobility. As part of this broad strategy LG also filed legal action against TCL in 2019 for violating its intellectual property. Ruled in favor of LG earlier this year, the court granted a ban in Germany on the sale of TCL products containing LG technologies in addition to recall and destruction of TCL devices that had already been sold.
      “Our agreement with Tinno Mobile is a positive outcome for all parties involved and will ultimately lead to better user experiences for consumers worldwide,” said Cho Hwi-jae, vice president and head of LG’s Intellectual Property Center.” Protecting our intellectual property is important to the many employees at LG who have invested countless hours and considerable efforts to developing the technology that improve our customers’ lives. LG is committed to licensing its standard essential patents on fair, reasonable and non-discriminatory terms for the benefit of consumers everywhere.”
      LG is already at work securing leadership in the next generation of mobile network technology, 6G, which is expected to be commercialized later this decade. In partnership with the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea’s foremost research university, LG established the LG-KAIST 6G Research Center in 2019 and is working closely with Keysight Technologies to further enhance its 6G core capabilities. Earlier this year LG achieved a groundbreaking milestone in 6G development at the Fraunhofer Heinrich Hertz Institute (HHI) in Berlin with the successful transmission of wireless 6G terahertz (THz) data over a distance of more than 100 meters outdoors.
      # # #

• By Mihai B.
      Hello,
      Is there any way of installing an usb gigabit network adapter on a webos smart TV?  The builtin wired adapter is only 100mbps (on a 2000$+ TV, shame  on you LG!!!)  while the wifi (N) is very poor, with the router at 1m from TV it only gets half the bandwidth of the wired network. Anyway the wired network  maxes out near 100mbps but I need more bandwidth as I have 4k video content with bitrates grater than 100mbps which I cannot stream without stuttering to TV through XPLAY/PLEX. 
      Kind regards,
    • By anton de Freitas
      Why does my my Smart TV keep displaying network disconnected network connected
    • By Visalbot
      If I know LG TV give me a hard time like this I didn't buy LG Smart TV. I just bought LG UHD TV 43UP77, and now got stuck with no Netflix on LG Store, and when I press Netflix logo on magic remote, a message poppped up " Content is unavailable. This page is not available"  oh shit....... feel regretful
    • By Alex
      For anyone that has browsed the LG website, you may have noticed random links to LG's feedback form which is powered by CVENT. The direct link is below: