Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Sign in to follow this  
NewsDummy

PreCentral: The webOS Wish List: App Catalog Gift Cards

Promo Code Gift Code

So it turns out that this week is App Catalog Access Week for the webOS Wish List. We already touched on the need to expand the App Catalog to more than the less-than-a-dozen countries currently covered and revamping the app promo code system with global and shorter codes. Now it's time to supplement the current app-based promo codes with promo codes based around the one thing that makes the world go round: money.

HP has already demonstrated the ability to create monetary App Catalog promo codes - TouchPad early adopters received a promo code for $50 in apps back in August. The infrastructure is there, and it's already been exercised on a mass scale. The only thing missing is the ability for average Joe users to create their own App Catalog gift cards.

We'd like to propose two types of gifting for the App Catalog. We know that the chance of there being physical App Catalog gift cards like there are for the iOS App Store is practically nil, so we're totally cool with this being all digital. The first type is the monetary type, where through the hpwebos.com website users can create an App Catalog gift card for whatever amount they want and send it to a desired user. The second is the ability to gift a specific app, which one would be able to do through the website or through the App Catalog app itself. both would quite simply generate the appropriate promo code and email it to the recipient with appropriate flavor text about what it is and who sent it to them.

read more

mf.gif
emailthis2.gif bookmark.gif

a2.imga2t.imgozqehZU_iuM

View the full article

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Topics

• Question: LG led webos tv model: LF6500 not able to update firmware

I have a LG led webos tv model: LF6500 (43 inches). I am not able to further update the firmware. Its last update is : 4.00.30 version. Now i am looking forward to install Hotstar app from lg content store to watch game of thrones in india. Please provide the hotstar app on lg content store.

in LG webOS Smart TV App Questions

• CBS All Access Expands to LG Smart TVs

CBS All Access Delivers Full Seasons of Current Primetime, Daytime and Late Night CBS Shows, Thousands of Episodes from CBS’ Library of Classics, Live-Streaming of Local CBS Stations, Plus Access to Original Series like “Star Trek: Discovery”, “Tell Me a Story,” “The Good Fight” and More Dec. 17, 2019 – CBS All Access, CBS’ digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service, today announced the service is now available on Smart TVs from LG Electronics featuring the award-winnin

in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion

• TV turns on during night bug

I currently have webos ver 04.70.45 lgwebostv uj670v   1. Under certain circumstances the TV will turn itself on during the night. After much testing it would appear that if a schedule program is due during the early hours while the TV is off it will turn itself on waking everyone. For example set a reminder for a program that starts at 11pm. Then if you turn your TV off at 10.30pm the TV will turn itself back on later. I suggest that there should be an additional check prior

in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion

• Question: Using a LG Magic Universal remote with my z906 surround system

Hi, I just Bought the LG OLED55C8 with its Universal "Magic Remote" that should be able to control the sound settings in my accompanying(i bought it for the tv separately ofc, but was told it was compatible with all major sound system brands) LOGITECH z906 sound system. I'm using a Optical cable from my z906 and in the  OLED55C8 TV settings you can choose about 30 of all the biggest sound manufacturers to link the remote to.   To my surprise and disappointment Logitech w

in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Question: Anyone else having issues with the WebOS?

Hi everyone, I’m new on here and just trying to figure out what is going on with my TV. It’s a 65” E8 that I purchased new back in March of last year. I never really had any issues until recently (a month or so). I updated the OS as usual and honestly didn’t pay much attention until the next day I was attempting to login to WebOS and I keep getting “LG CONTENT STORE: Content is unavailable. No content”. I always keep it updated and had Geek Squad do a calibration on it about 3 months ago; which

in LG webOS Smart TV App Questions