Quantcast

Navigating the Future of Connected Living

News Reporter

Smart-Home_FI_-600x406.png

It’s no longer news to say that innovations and advances in technology can have a profound change on lifestyles. While smart homes and smart products have clearly been embraced by mainstream consumers, what hasn’t been clear is what benefits users are actually getting in return for their investments. With this in mind, LG dug deeper into how homes of the new age are transforming everyday lives. By gathering the opinions of 857 U.S. smart homeowners, the

link hidden, please login to view
reveals just how smart homes can be a win for everyone.

Smart-Home-01-594x600.png

No Need For An Advanced Degree

Contrary to what many might think, less tech-savvy users are actually more satisfied with their smart homes with twice as many users between the ages of 50 and 54 (60 percent) responding that they were “very satisfied” compared to participants in the 25-29 age group. Satisfaction was higher for older homeowners as they spend more time at home with their families compared to other age groups, affording them more time to fully enjoy the benefits of their smart homes. The fact that smart homes provide adaptable, easy-to-use solutions was an added plus. Smart homes can be enjoyed by everyone regardless of tech fluency or age and they can play an important role in narrowing the digital divide.

Smart-Home-02-595x600.png

Flexible Homes Adapt To Unique Lifestyles

While smart homes are designed to be universally beneficial, those benefits have the advantage of being unique to every individual. The survey revealed how smart spaces are providing flexible solutions that adapt to distinctive lifestyles based on users’ key values, interests and hobbies. For example, when it comes to leisure time, survey respondents with a passion for gardening named the remote control/voice command function of their smart TVs, refrigerators and washing machines among their top three most utilized features as they allow users to communicate with their products even when they’re busy in the garden.

Smart-Home-03.png

Paving A Smart Way For Sustainable Living

Today’s smart homes are setting a new benchmark for environmentally-friendly living. Among the long list of smart home benefits, saving energy was mentioned most frequently by respondents. Through energy optimization features found in the latest connected products, smart homes help users achieve a more sustainable way of life while protecting consumers from hefty energy bills.

Smart-Home-04-593x600.png

The LG ThinQ Smart Home Report presents an interesting look at how consumers’ lifestyles may change in the years ahead, a blueprint for those interested in incorporating smart technologies in their everyday lives. Click for the full report.

# # #

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Smokey
      Using the smart remote or Thinq app.
      Currently to change the audio track (different languages) for digital TV, I need to press the "..." button to bring up the Quick settings menu, then scroll down a long list of options, before choosing Audio languages, that brings up a menu for me to pick the audio track.
      Is there a shortcut or combination keypress to bring up the audio track menu quickly?
      If there isn't one, LG please add shortcuts in the next webOS update, to bring up the audio track menu and subtitles menu quickly! e.g. assign them to the colour buttons which are currently useless in digital TV.
    • By News Reporter
      LG Marks Next Major Phase of Its CTV Advertising Business

SEOUL, Sep. 15, 2022 – LG Electronics (LG) today announced a rollout of LG Ads Solutions proprietary automatic content recognition (ACR) technology across LG TVs globally, beginning this September. The rollout will replace legacy technology and put the new ACR solution on millions of smart TVs across 27 countries in Europe, Africa, Asia-Pacific, Latin America and Australia.
      The new ACR provided by LG Ads Solutions is already active on LG smart TVs in the U.S. and with the rollout, LG CTV data will be available exclusively through LG Ads Solutions.
      “Since the LG Ads Solutions launch last May, the team has created tremendous momentum for the business globally,” said Chris Jo, Senior Vice President and Head of Platform Business at LG Electronics Home Entertainment Company. “This rollout of the new ACR is another great milestone that demonstrates its commitment to excellence, and dedication to bringing the best possible advertising solutions to brands and agencies around the world.”
      CEO Raghu Kodige said, “This rollout marks the next major phase of our global CTV advertising business with LG Ads Solutions. It is a highly significant moment for brands across four continents, who increasingly need to reach cord-cutters and light TV viewers who have migrated to OTT services, and to understand incremental reach over traditional linear TV services. Now with LG Ads Solutions, brands globally can plan, activate and measure CTV advertising using the industry’s best ACR data set to help guarantee campaign success.”
      The ACR data, which is in compliance with all global and regional consumer data privacy regulations, helps brands understand, in an anonymized fashion, how frequent certain TV ads were aired in any given household. For brands, this means it can increase frequency levels for underexposed households, cap frequency for overexposed households, win over households that are exposed to competitors’ ads, and more. Of major importance, it informs brands and agencies which households they are missing completely due to cord-cutting.
      The data can also be used to measure the effectiveness of ads, such as if an ad drove viewers to a particular TV show or movie, or if an ad led to the download or registration of an OTT app or service.
      LG Ads Solutions already powers CTV campaigns in over 40 countries globally. Now, brands in any country covered by the ACR rollout can immediately begin working with LG Ads Solutions to understand TV audience viewership in their country at a granular level, in order to pinpoint audience segments and optimize reach, frequency and ad effectiveness across linear and streaming television.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By GL Sobew
      Hi all. After nearly 5 years of loyal service, I was surprised tonight when I turned on my Bedroom TV.  And nothing happened. Oh, the red light comes on, flashes 3 times and goes out, but the screen remains black.  So I go online and search. Find a few Youtube videos of people with the same issues, but none of their "power cycling" trick worked.  Well, one exception, when I unplug the TV for 30 seconds, then press and hold the manual power button (On the TV not the remote.) for 30 seconds, then plug the TV back into a different socket, the screen flashes on briefly, mostly just a white screen, but my wife thinks she saw some text very briefly. (Split Second) I was on a 6-foot ladder and didn't see it. Just the white flash. As if it was "trying" to start up" but something was preventing it. A burnt, doohickey or thingamajigger. Something like that.
      I also pulled the batteries from the remote and held that power button for 30 seconds, and then put the batteries back in and pressed ON, same result.  I think this tells me it's not the screen.  Can anyone share any fixes or knowledge about what I might be up against?  Is the TV Done after only 5 years? Is it a common issue that can be self-fixed, or will I need an expensive service call?  Any guidance I can get will be appreciated. Thanks 

• By News Reporter
      Multinational Tech Company’s USD 1 Million Innovation Challenge Invites
      Innovative Minds Worldwide to Step Forward with Ideas for People and the Planet

SEOUL, Sep. 6, 2022 — LG Electronics (LG) announces that its first LIFE’S GOOD AWARD is now under way. The entry period is open from Sep. 6 through Oct. 10. Announced at CES® 2022, the LIFE’S GOOD AWARD seeks to uncover innovative solutions aligned with LG’s goal of creating a Better Life for All. A total of USD 1 million will be granted to help accelerate the development of the winning submissions.
      Envisioning a sustainable world where Life’s Good for the planet and all its inhabitants, LG continues to pursue eco-minded solutions and ideas for a greener environment and develop user-centric products and services that provide access to convenient, valuable and novel experiences for everyone.
      The LIFE’S GOOD AWARD marks a significant step in LG’s sustainability journey, helping to spread the company’s Life’s Good message around the world. In addition to carrying out its own sustainable practices, the company is now inviting like-minded individuals and groups to step forward with their unique ideas to help build a Better Life for All.
      The LIFE’S GOOD AWARD asks entrants to submit their original and marketable solutions relating to Innovation for the Planet, which targets solutions for environmental health, or Innovation for People, which centers on ideas that can enrich daily life through prioritizing safety, usability and accessibility. True to its philosophy of open collaboration, LG looks forward to working closely with budding innovators. Submissions can be made at the
      link hidden, please login to view, where applicants can also find full details and conditions for entry. “The LIFE’S GOOD AWARD encapsulates our philosophy of innovation and our belief that the road to a better future can only be paved if we all come together,” said William Cho, CEO of LG Electronics. “We look forward to seeing people’s innovative ideas for a better society and healthier environment, and to provide our support and encouragement in their realization.”
      LG is bringing together respected academics from a diverse range of environment and social industries to support its own executives on the award’s judging panel, which has been dubbed the Life’s Good Committee. Judging panel members include Alex Edmans, a professor at London Business School who won the Financial Times Best Business Books of 2020 and the Financial Times award for Excellence in Sustainable Finance Education, Christopher Marquis, a professor at Cambridge Judge Business School and the 2021 Axiom Business Book Awards gold medalist in the Business Ethics Category, and Hyun S. Shin, a professor at the Hanyang Business School and a director of Collective Impact Center at Hanyang University.
      “Application of knowledge for the alleviation of real-world problems is what every scholar aims for,” said Marquis. “LG has given us a powerful platform to do that. The LIFE’S GOOD AWARD leverages LG’s resources to gather round budding innovators, entrepreneurs, academics and business professionals and is a compelling example of how a company can make a genuine impact to better lives.”
      LG has joined hands with B Lab Korea, a non-profit with expertise in measuring and certifying the social impact of businesses to ensure that all entries submitted for the LIFE’S GOOD AWARD are evaluated using relevant impact metrics.
      The entries will be thoroughly evaluated in the first screening, and those with the highest marks will go through a second screening carried out by a judging panel composed of selected LG executives and renowned scholars presiding in leading academic institutions. The three finalists will be announced at CES® 2023, and will present to the judging panel in a final pitch session in January. The first-place winner (Grand Prix) will be awarded USD 700,000 in prize money, and the second (Silver) and third place (Bronze) will receive USD 200,000 and USD 100,000, respectively.
      Innovators worldwide can refer to the for more details. To keep up with the latest news and developments from LG’s inaugural innovation challenge, stay tuned to .
      # # #

• By João Inácio
      Friends, many users are having this problem. After LG updated the firmware earlier this year (2022), the browser is no longer able to test the internet speed by going to the speedtest.net website. On my OLED55C1 TV, I tried testing on other websites, but they all gave wrong results on download speed. However, the upload speed was measured correctly.
      Does anyone have a solution for this problem?