Quantcast

LG C1 series and webos 6.0

sturla

Question

7 answers to this question

On 5/24/2021 at 8:32 AM, sturla said:

Hello,

In the new home screen of webos 6.0 there is a accuweather tile, but i have't find any setting about how to customize the correct weather location. Anyone can help me ?

Thanks

Same problem with G1, LG Customer support sucks... They only suggested reset, and maybe is a problem on my Internet. The point is that the location through IP it is not correct and this can't be set manually. 

4 hours ago, Alespaziale said:

Same problem with G1, LG Customer support sucks... They only suggested reset, and maybe is a problem on my Internet. The point is that the location through IP it is not correct and this can't be set manually. 

I have the same issue as both the previous comments. It is strange that they are Location through IP for this and maybe other apps, especially when these are often associated with the city your ISP is based in rather than your real location. In the browser you can get it to determine your real location, but in this particular app you cannot search for a location and select\set it as default. It is hugely disappoint since this is given a prominent location on the Home Screen. I am not sure why the app was not coded to use the location set in the settings of the TV which when set seem to stay correctly applied. 👎

Please get these  issues fixed with a quick update to WebOS 6.0 LG!👍

On 5/24/2021 at 12:32 AM, sturla said:

Hello,

In the new home screen of webos 6.0 there is a accuweather tile, but i have't find any setting about how to customize the correct weather location. Anyone can help me ?

Thanks

The weather tile is broken for me too.  This TV is in an RV and gets its IP address from GCNAT via cellular data.  This tile (and many others) are useless and are a waste of screen space that I wish to simply remove.

On 8/13/2021 at 10:59 PM, Pete Gomersall said:

So for me the Weather Tile is now fixed and I can set location and it sticks. Probably fixed in an update to WebOS 6

Yes, with the last firmware, i can set the correct location for the tile, probably that with the update the weather tile has been fixed. Now is possible store the location and the tile remain configured correctly.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.