Quantcast

THE IMPORTANT ROLE OF INDEPENDENT CERTIFICATION IN AUTOMOTIVE SAFETY

VS.png

For companies involved in the business of automobiles, there’s nothing more important than safety. Safety is so important that for some, it’s the biggest selling point when promoting their products. Today’s consumers are too savvy to just believe the words in a brochure or commercial. Moreover, automotive components are even more challenging to communicate because consumers are unfamiliar with everything that goes into a car and what they do.

TUV-Rheinland_01.png

For LG’s fast growing vehicle component solutions business, certification of functional safety technologies that are key to the future of the autonomous vehicle is especially rewarding. The ISO 26262 Functional Safety Product certificate for LG’s ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) front camera module was issued by TÜV Rheinland, one of the world’s leading global testing organizations. LG also received a Functional Safety Process certificate for the entire development progress from product design and verification to production.

TUV_03.png

The ISO 26262 certification is an automotive international standard that guarantees the functional safety of each product and process by measuring the probability of an accident occurring due to a breakdown in automobile parts or error in the product development process. This certification is becoming more important as global automakers increasingly demand higher functional stability as a prerequisite for the supply of parts, especially for autonomous driving.

LG’s ADAS front camera module plays the important role of being the “eye” of a self-driving car as it collects a multitude of traffic information in front of the vehicle. The ADAS module recognizes obstacles and makes quick decisions such as braking when there is a risk of collision. The module also helps ensure safer driving by tracking the lanes on the road and maintaining a certain distance from other vehicles.

TUV_04.png

“Our organization is extremely happy and blessed to be LG’s partner in this kind of projects, as LG is one of the most successful companies in the area,” said Manual Diez, global field manager of cybersecurity and functional safety at TÜV Rheinland. “LG will be one of the main actors in the automotive world by keeping the high standards of quality LG is known for.”

“As a Tier 1 global automotive parts supplier, it took a lot of effort and time from our team to obtain this certification,” said Dr. Kim Jin-yong, president of the LG Electronics Vehicle component Solutions Company. “We will strive to become an innovative partner for our customers in the auto parts industry by securing high quality and productivity.”

Independent testing and certification firms play an important role in the automotive ecosystem by making sure the players deliver quality, reliable products. And that’s a role that all automobile and component makers should get behind.

# # #

link hidden, please login to view

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By kencho yeshay
      I recently purchased LG commercial TV UTc640s (Asia) and found out that content store is missing and thus can’t even run a simplest application such as Netflix, is there any way we can update firm ware or something to add the content store or am I stuck with that very expensive smart box, that can’t even run a Netflix ? Kindly help please. 
    • By ironmonkey
      Just bought an LGLED-65UJ630 65INCH TV. Right away I started to get the message "This app will now restart to free up more memory". After searching the internet and forums, I now understand that this problem is huge, it has been going on for years now and it is right across many models of LG TV's.
      I have tried everything to fix this problem. It has the latest firmware. I did the factory reset and that lasted 4 hours before I got the message back. I turn off the TV and leave it for 10 minutes, maybe one hour later I get the message. I delete browsing history, maybe 10 minutes and I get the message..... you get the message.
      As I understand it, the problem is that LG TV's don't have enough internal memory, but they have shipped a ton of their "smart" TV's with this problem.
      My question is, has anybody heard anything from anybody, anywhere about a solution to this problem. I really want to keep this TV, but it is not fit for purpose in this state.     
    • By News Reporter
      During social distancing, running continues to be one of the most popular ways to stay in shape. But running with others has been more challenging. To bring the feeling of running a marathon to the lives of Jordanians, LG Electronics organized one of the region’s most popular events without putting any runner’s health at risk.

LG Dead Sea Half Marathon 2019
      In partnership with the Jordanian Association for Charitable Marathons, LG Electronics sponsored the LG Dead Sea Half Marathon Virtual Race. Since 1993, the annual Dead Sea Marathon has been held in Jordan at 418 meters below sea level, giving it the fitting motto, “From The Lowest Point on Earth, WE RUN ANYWHERE.”
      From May 28 to June 6, this year’s marathon was held virtually to ensure the safety of the runners. For eight days runners could track their progress on the Run Jordan VR smartphone app. Once the race started, the action was all on the app itself. Runners were able to run and compete with each other for the first time in over a year.

Those willing to challenge themselves selected one of three goals: 5km, 10km and 21km. During the race runners were able to track their own goals using their smartphones. Regardless of records and numbers, all runners who completed the race were awarded  with medals for their effort because the most important objective was participation.
      “It’s been one of our greatest achievements supporting the LG Dead Sea Half Marathon Virtual Race,” said Lina Al-Kurd, director general of the Jordanian Association for Marathons. “With the help of LG we were able to mobilize our global community to run a marathon from anywhere around the world. We look forward to racing side-by-side again soon.”

“Even during these difficult times LG has kept faith in the spirit of sports and in our partnership with the Jordanian Association for Charitable Marathons,” said Jeong Young-hak, managing director of LG Electronics Jordan. “We will continue to support the local community and encourage them to live life to the fullest until we can return to normality.”
      LG will continue to support local communities in new and inventive ways until we can come together again in good health, and this year’s virtual marathon shows the unlimited possibilities with LG.
      Contributed by LG Jordan
      # # #

• By Pat
      Bought a new 65" Smart TV, all the preoaded apps You Tube, Netflix etc  are restarting after couple of minutes with "this app will now restart to free up more memory" message.
    • By News Reporter
      Steel Workers’ Union of Taubaté
      The past year has been one of the most challenging periods in recent history for many businesses. So it’s especially meaningful that in Brazil, LG Electronics is accelerating efforts to expand its production facilities, creating much-needed work for local contractors and ultimately lead to many new roles within the company itself.

On May 11, the Brazilian government approved LG’s plan to expand its Manaus plant, located in the northwestern state of Amazonas, by 12,000 square meters. The BRL 325 million (USD 62 million) project is expected to commence operations in July and will see the establishment of new production lines for LG laptops and monitors even as LG . Once work has been completed and the new facilities fully operational, LG will become the fourth largest employer in Amazonas, adding 150 jobs and growing its local workforce to 2,200 members.

“The plant will create more than twice as many employment opportunities as originally projected and will help stimulate economic growth in the region, making it a win-win for everyone,” said Wilson Lima, governor of Amazonas.

After the announcement in April that LG would be exiting the mobile industry, the decision was made to relocate the monitor and laptop manufacturing lines from Taubaté on the east coast to Manaus. While the company will continue to operate its customer call center from Taubaté, all of LG’s Brazilian manufacturing will be consolidated in Manaus going forward.

“We will continue to provide local employment opportunities and ensure uninterrupted service to our customers and partners across South and Central America,” said Seo Young-moo, senior vice president of LG Brazil Manaus production. “The Manaus expansion allows us to achieve both goals and we are extremely grateful to the Brazilian government and the state of Amazonas for supporting the project and recognizing its value to the local economy and community.”

Established in 1995, the Manaus plant was originally established to manufacture TVs, microwave ovens and DVD players, with air conditioners added in 2001. In 2005, the Taubaté site went into operation, producing mobile phones, laptops and monitors. With the expansion of its Manaus site, LG is helping to stimulate the local economy in Amazonas while demonstrating its commitment to keeping as much production as possible in Brazil. By staying strong during challenging times and working together with the communities it serves, LG is continuing to ensure that life’s good.
      # # #