Quantcast

How to install Disney Hotstar app on LG TV

Kunal

Question

Hello,

I've a LG 55 inch TV with following details:

• Model: 55JL9000-ZA
  • SW version: 05.05.70
  • webOS TV Version: 1.4.0-2532 (afro-ashley)

I am unable to see Disney Hotstar app in the LG Content Store.

I've tried to "CHECK FOR UPDATES" despite "Allow Automatic Updates" available but nothing has shown up.

Would be grateful if someone can help. My kids are desperate to watch Disney Hotstar on TV.

Thanks.

2 answers to this question

@Kunal

NOTE:Disney Plus service is only available in few countries, including the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Canada, Netherlands, Germany, Italy, Spain, Austria, Ireland, Switzerland, India, and Puerto Rico.

ALSO: Disney Plus app is compatible with LG TV models from 2016 and onwards that has 3.0 webOS or later.

There are lots of sites that show using a VPN service, but be VERY CAREFUL going to those, some are spammy/scam sites, and you might end up purchasing a VPN service that does not work or breaks your current, working network service. Some might even put malware on the device that you download it to, or at the very least have PUP programs inside them for advertising.

On 3/25/2021 at 11:10 AM, Kunal said:

Hello,

I've a LG 55 inch TV with following details:

• Model: 55JL9000-ZA
  • SW version: 05.05.70
  • webOS TV Version: 1.4.0-2532 (afro-ashley)

I am unable to see Disney

link hidden, please login to view
in the LG Content Store.

I've tried to "CHECK FOR UPDATES" despite "Allow Automatic Updates" available but nothing has shown up.

Would be grateful if someone can help. My kids are desperate to watch Disney Hotstar on TV.

Thanks.

Try to change the region in your TV settings to India and use Indian vpn or smart dns like described on Medium

That will give you an opportunity to access Indian based LG Content Store.