Quantcast

CELEBRATING AND CONNECTING WITH SPORTS FANS IN THE GREAT WHITE NORTH

The excitement of a live sporting event with devoted fans hanging onto the edge of their seats is unmatched in terms of its energy. But with fans nowadays cheering from their living rooms instead of an arena or stadium, the passion of a crowd coming together to celebrate a goal, a basket, or a win was missing. This was the challenge that the LG team in Canada set for itself – to connect with sports fans to celebrate the moments that make life good, wherever they are, whomever they’re with.

lg_snap_raptors_01-338x600.png

As part of its long-standing partnership with Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE), LG is launching a new campaign called #LifesGoodMoment dedicated to Toronto Maple Leafs and Toronto Raptors fans. Knowing the intense emotional connection live sports can create, LG is seeking to build a similar sense of community for fans outside the arena. The season-long #LifesGoodMoment campaign recognizes the moments – great or small – that live sports can create. However you make them, and whoever you are with, it is these moments that make Life Good.

lg_snap_raptors_02-600x338.png

“Naturally we recognize that conveying the LG “Life’s Good” brand vision can be a delicate matter at this time,” said Robin Powell, head of marketing at LG Canada. “We felt it was time to shift our efforts from marketing our partnership with MLSE, to using our sponsorship platform to shine a light on the power of the human spirit and the many ways that people continue to create moments that celebrate the importance of community.”

The campaign features a six-episode content series that shares personal stories from dedicated Leafs and Raptors fans who were nominated for special recognition for their contributions to their local communities. Raptors shooting guard Norman Powell and Toronto Maple Leafs alumnus Wendel Clark are featured throughout the series and are instrumental in creating Life’s Good moments for these special award recipients.

lg_snap_raptors_03-600x316.jpg

“This year’s challenges brought us a unique opportunity to redirect some of LG’s sponsorship investment into creating special Life’s Good moments for some of our most selfless fans,” said Galen Davies, senior director for global partnerships at MLSE. “We are proud to work with LG to create a program where fans could nominate community heroes who continue to deserve recognition in these uncertain times.”

lg_snap_raptors_04-600x283.png

The #LifesGoodMoment campaign extends throughout the Leafs and Raptors seasons in 2021. A launch video kicks off the campaign followed by a content series that can be seen live on LG, Leafs and Raptors social platforms. Fans can share their own #LifesGoodMoment in the social content for a chance to win an LG Connected Home.*

Creative agency Forsman and Bodenfors developed the insight and creative for the campaign while MLSE created and produced the content series. Media agency PHD is responsible for the paid social and digital campaign while social agency Reprise works with social media influencers to create additional content and execute the contest. Public relations efforts are managed by GCI Canada’s LG-One team.

lg_snap_raptors_05-600x402.png

To see more of #LifesGoodMoment campaign, click and .

LG and MLSE also partnered on an during the Maple Leafs and Raptors season-openers in the fall of 2019. The LED screen is 62 feet by 35 feet, a full 37 percent larger than the old screen, which gives Toronto sports fans a .

The installation of the LG outdoor LED screen is part of the reimagination of Maple Leaf Square, which takes place over the next several years and brings technological and infrastructure innovations to create a world-class fan experience inside and outside the arena. As the exclusive Consumer Electronics Partner of the Toronto Maple Leafs and Toronto Raptors, LG is helping power a new fan experience through the latest sign and display innovations at Scotiabank Arena.

By LG Canada Staff

# # #

* One Grand Prize consisting of LG Connected Home product suite, approximate retail value of CAD 10,000. Complete contest details and .

link hidden, please login to view

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Paul1111111
      I updated to webos 05.60.15 recently and now a mini guide incessantly pops up every time I change the channel. It's there any way to stop this or opt out of the mini guide coming up all the time? 
    • By mayhemfiasco
      Is it possible to access Live playback, i.e. pause, rewind live TV with a universal remote, not using the LG magic remote?
      I have an LG 65" OLED B8 and use a Logitech Harmony 650 remote  - can't use the magic remote as a universal remote as my sound runs through an AV receiver connected via the toslink input on the TV, not HDMI., so no Simplink/CEC. 
      Live playback is working fine (recording to hard drive ok) and I would swear that when I set up the Logitech remote it was able to pause and rewind live TV just using the Play/Pause/Rewind  buttons on the harmony remote no problem, but when I tried it recently it wouldn't work. Nothing in my set up has changed. Has something changed with webOS??
      I've check the Harmony setup is correct and if I bring up the live playback scroll bar with the magic remote, then the buttons on the Logitech work perfectly so I don't think it's a Logitech Harmony problem.
      The only thing I can't figure out is how to get the harmony remote to bring up the Live Playback display, without using the magic remote.  I also find that shaking the magic remote to get the pointer doesn't work very well, so I have to move the scroll wheel to get the pointer, which changes the channel, so I'd rather avoid it altogether (I also feel like I used to be able to bring up the magic remote pointer by clicking the scroll wheel, but that doesn't work any more either. Did I imagine it?)
      Any suggestions on a button function I can program on the Harmony to bring up the Live Playback display, or better yet restore the ability to just press Play/Pause/Rewind on the Harmony and it works without needing the Live Playback scroll bar to be displayed first?
      Apologies if I haven't explained my issue properly. i've never had a problem with my OLED before ( I love it!) so am a first time poster. any ideas?
    • By News Reporter
      Justine Buisson, Franck Riboud, Ko Jin-young, Park Sung-hyun and Heaven Lee
      Even while the home-bound lifestyle has been an adjustment for everyone, it has proved particularly challenging for children with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and their families. Having to study and keep up with the required schoolwork without the help of professional educators and their usual classroom environments cannot by easy for any students. Providing round-the-clock care and support while working remotely has especially placed the parents of kids with ASD under considerable stress.
      Since 2008, French organization Sur les bancs de l’école has dedicated itself to helping children with ASD and their families to overcome educational and life challenges. Currently it is supporting 200 affected youth and their loved ones in France. In recognition of Sur les bancs de l’école’s valuable work, LG SIGNATURE recently held an online charity auction ‘STRONGER TOGETHER’, for children with ASD in Paris from July 8 to July 18.

The auction highlighted the brand’s ongoing partnership as well with the Amundi Evian Championship, one of the most prestigious tournaments in women’s professional golf. Ko Jin-young and Park Sung-hyun, two of the world’s top golfers and global ambassadors for LG SIGNATURE, gave up their time and prized possessions to support the auction and raise awareness for the brand’s chosen cause. The auction received considerable interest with bids coming in from all over the globe. STRONGER TOGETHER brought in an impressive tally of USD 114,825, all of which will go to Sur les bancs de l’école for children and families affected by ASD.

The LG SIGNATURE OLED R, LG SIGNATURE Refrigerator and LG SIGNATURE Wine Cellar headlined the auction. Another popular item up for bid was a one-night stay at the luxurious Hotel Royal at the Evian Resort – the glamorous venue of the Amundi Evian Championship.
      Participants in the online auction were also delighted to have the opportunity to interact with Ko and Park virtually, who both kindly donated tournament-used equipment and apparel. The exclusive items included Ko’s Epic Flash driver used during the 2020 LPGA tour, and Park’s TaylorMade P750 8 iron, which golf fans might recognize from the TaylorMade promotional video she filmed with Tiger Woods.

An official sponsor of the Amundi Evian Championship since 2017, LG SIGNATURE has great respect for, and a natural affinity with the artistry and technique of, the game’s top players. The brand has hosted unique events and marketing activities at the Evian Resort Golf Club every year of its partnership, including a culinary challenge featuring Europe’s top chefs and the renaming the eighth hole to LG SIGNATURE Hole and appliance prizes for any player who could sink a hole-in-one.

LG SIGNATURE, as a proud supporter of the Evian Championship and Sur les bancs de l’école, is grateful to all the fans who participated in the charity auction benefitting ASD-affected families, delivering the message to the world that we’re stronger together, especially during these challenging times.
      # # #

• By News Reporter
      Commitment Expands Upon Promise of Zero Carbon by 2030

SEOUL, July 21, 2021 — LG Electronics (LG) today made public its commitment to transition completely to renewable energy by 2050 as a key component of its sustainability strategy. The announcement in the just released comes on top of its to achieve carbon neutrality by 2030 through the Zero Carbon 2030 initiative in which LG pledged to reduce carbon emissions in the production stage to 50 percent of 2017 standards by 2030.
      The transformation will be implemented region by region starting in North America where every office and manufacturing site will be powered by renewable energy within the year. LG manufacturing facilities outside of Korea are on target to convert 50 percent of their electricity needs to renewable energy in the next four years.
      Achieving this objective globally will require a diverse strategy, including installing high-efficiency LG solar panels on its buildings, utilizing power purchase agreements that allow companies to purchase electricity directly from suppliers, utilizing Renewable Energy Credit (REC) certificates and participating in the Green Premium program in Korea, LG’s home market to purchase clean energy directly from the Korea Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO).
      Currently LG is installing solar modules with a capacity of 3.2 MW on a manufacturing site in Noida, India, generating electricity to power LG’s administrative office as well. This project will be expanded as a part of the Clean Development Mechanism (CDM), allowing LG to secure carbon reduction certificates from the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC).*
      “Our commitment to creating a better life for all can best be actualized by LG transition to renewable energy and achieving carbon neutrality,” said Park Pyung-gu, senior vice president at LG Electronics Safety & Environment Division. “In today’s world, innovation doesn’t just happen in the lab, they must also happen in our factories and plants. Today’s manufacturers have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to give the next generation a world worth inheriting and at LG, we take this responsibility very seriously.”
      # # #
      * CDM project allows companies to earn certified emission reduction (CER) credits when investing projects in developing countries. CER can be traded, sold and used to meet a part of the emission reduction targets under the Kyoto Protocol.

• By Mach13
      I have a 55UH650V Smart TV Which i'm lovin...  But I can't seem to get the live tv pause to work with a USB drive..   I bought a 64GB USB 3.0 drive which works for general program recording and playing music, picture files on the TV etc... But when I try to pause live tv it says it cant work with this drive choose another?

Is there anywhere that specifically advises on USB spec for this function?

Kinda think it should be in the manual but i cant find it...