Quantcast

COMING TOGETHER TO GIVE HOPE TO HOSPITALS IN TIMES OF CRISIS

Across the world, hospitals and health care facilities have been put to the ultimate test, pushed to their absolute limits. To help ease the burden on the Polish health care system, LG supported the 29th Annual Grand Finale fundraiser hosted by the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity (GOCC), the largest independent non-profit charity in Poland, to raise money that will be used to help care for the nation’s most vulnerable children.

Poland-Hospitals-01.png

Since 1993, the GOCC has been supporting and promoting health care in Poland by purchasing state-of-the-art medical equipment for the nation’s hospitals and clinics, as well as establishing and running several medical and educational programs. The charity’s Grand Finale fundraiser on January 31 was packed to the brim with events, activities, concerts and sporting challenges that brought diverse communities together for non-stop fun and fund raising. By reaching out to regions with thriving Polish communities, the GOCC was also able to set up 79 international Collection Centres in locations such as Singapore, Bali, Mexico and as far away as a research station at the North Pole.

Poland-Hospitals-02-600x394.png

LG kitted the Grand Finale TV studio out with 80 LG monitors, among them professional 4K LG UltraFine™ monitors with Ergo stands for use by studio volunteers during the grueling 27 hour long fundraiser that was televised nationally and streamed live on the Grand Finale website.

Poland-Hospitals-03-600x371.png

To raise awareness and encourage more people to get involved, LG Poland also donated a smart LG Vivace washer dryer with Allergy Care to the Grand Finale’s online charity auction. Featuring steam to disinfect clothes and eliminate germs, LG Vivace proved to be a highly sought after product, attracting a host of bidders. To bring even more viewers and donations to the table, LG and partners promoted the GOCC 2021 event continuously on their social media channels.

WOSP2021_Lukasz_Widziszowski__LCS5045-60

Photo Credit: Lukasz Widziszowski

“With everything that has been going on and the social-distancing restrictions in place, this year we decided to focus on a digital fundraiser to introduce our kindhearted benefactors to donating online.” said GOCC spokesperson Olga Zawada. “Preliminary results totaled PLN 127,495,626 (USD 34.2 million), making it one of the highest preliminary amounts we’ve raised in our almost 30-year history, thanks in large part to online donations.” All proceeds from the auction were used to purchase potentially life-changing medical equipment for laryngology, otolaryngology and head diagnostics.

Poland-Hospitals-05-600x342.pngJerzy Owsiak, Chairman, GOCC (Photo Credit: Marcin Wichon)

In an interview at the studio, Jerzy Owsiak, Chairman of the Board of the GOCC, personally thanked LG Poland for its contribution to the Grand Finale and LG’s entire Poland team is proud to have been able to support this noble initiative that shares LG’s goals – to make lives better.

By LG Poland Staff

# # #

link hidden, please login to view

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By RobLGSucks
      Hi,
      I have an LG OLED55B7A that has been rebooting randomly ever since I updated it to webOS 6.00.05 about 6 months ago.  I have noted there is a new webOS version 6.00.20 available.   Has anyone here had the same rebooting problem, and if so, did the latest webOS correct the issue?
      In general, my setup has the LG tv doing as little as possible - it is simply a display for my Roku box via my AVR, as the TV's interface and apps slowly became completely unusable about a year after purchase.  So, no ethernet, no WiFi, all services turned off, etc., and this helped with all of the performance issues, except the rebooting. 

@ LG :  if you ever read this - you have done a TERRIBLE job of managing the software on these TVs.  webOS started off as a real alternative to all of the external set top boxes, but now, I will *never* *ever* buy another LG TV again, and I tell everyone I know to avoid them.  Worst product management in the consumer electronics industry in the past 10 years.
      Thanks fellow sufferers for any tips.
      Rob
    • By RogerL
      When I use voice recognition to say, e.g., "watch PBS", I get a string of channels across the bottom and a very loud voice telling me that it has found channels. I want that voice to go away. Note that I have disabled Audio Guidance in the Accessibility Settings. This is on a OLED55CXAUA.
      Thanks.
    • By News Reporter
      The wait is finally over for avid racing game fans and true Forza Fanatics as Forza Horizon 5 finally hits the shelves of online game shops everywhere. To celebrate the November 9 arrival of the highly-anticipated title, LG Electronics is teaming up with Xbox to host an innovative and exhilarating pre-launch event. Brought to life by the immersive power of LG OLED, LG-Microsoft’s bespoke Dream Gaming Setup unveiled the new game in full glory for the first time in England as a virtual racing experience without equal.

Taking place over two days from November 6-7 at Dunsfold Aerodrome in Surrey Hills, UK, the LG OLED-powered action-packed affair let invitees take on several Forza Horizon 5 driving challenges to experience a variety of different cars, driving modes and environments all set in Mexico. Challenges, such as Drift Lab for mastering the difficult art of drifting, were designed specifically for the event to help players hone their virtual driving skills and prepare them for the dream gaming experience. Prizes and bragging rights were at stake for those unafraid to push the accelerator to the floor, and their cars to the limit.

An immersive custom-built driving pod located on one of the aerodrome’s runways, the LG Dream Gaming Setup brought all the excitement of Forza Horizon 5’s open-world racing roaring to life in a real outdoor setting. The pod delivered a true 4D experience, surrounding drivers inside three large LG OLED screens to fill their field of vision. Pre-recorded environmental sounds, smells and sensations added to the sense of realistic immersiveness. Once buckled in, guests took the wheel and competed with one another to finish atop of the leaderboard, all while enjoying the unrivalled responsiveness and immaculate image quality of LG OLED.

In addition to offering all attendees a sought-after opportunity to play Forza Horizon 5 ahead of its global release, the high-octane event showcased all the qualities that make LG OLED a favorite with serious gamers worldwide, including stunning picture quality, fast response times, low input lag and support for the latest HDMI 2.1 features.

A gamer’s delight, LG OLED TV is perfect for playing all the latest PC and console titles, its self-lit pixels and large screens delivering infinite contrast and vivid colors on an impressive scale. In addition to being the world’s first OLED TVs to support Dolby Vision® HDR gaming at 4K 120Hz, LG’s next-gen displays boast a 1 millisecond response time and support for advanced HDMI 2.1 features, including variable refresh rate (VRR) and auto low latency mode (ALLM). They’re also G-SYNC® Compatible and AMD FreeSync Premium certified, and come with LG’s Game Optimizer and Game Dashboard.

Whether it’s racing simulations, first-person shooters, RPGs or anything in between, LG OLED unleashes the best gaming experiences imaginable with picture quality and gaming features that no other TV can match. For more information on gaming on LG OLED TVs, click .
      # # #

• By k-tones
      Hi all,

I have searched on this forum briefly, but have not found an answer. Long story short: My 6 year old TV is up to date according to the integrated firmware check. However, it appears that it's not the latest WebOS, respectively it doesn't load the latest apps. In particular the prime app from amazon, which offers Champions League football in Germany, but it cannot be selected in the App on the TV. My assumption is that it's because it's an older TV. Maybe I am wrong though. 

Anyway, is there a way to update the OS of the TV or hack it or whatever to get the latest apps and OS?

Cheers,
      K
    • By News Reporter
      Based on Google Android Automotive and Android 10,
      LG’s New IVI System Optimized for Convenience, Connectivity

SEOUL, Nov. 1, 2021 — LG Electronics’ (LG) next-generation In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) system will make its debut in the new Renault Mégane E-TECH Electric in 2022. The stunning new vehicle equipped with LG’s advanced IVI system was unveiled to strong praise at IAA MOBILITY 2021, the world’s largest mobility conference held recently in Munich, Germany.
      The software that powers the IVI system was developed by LG in partnership with Renault and is based on Google Android Automotive. It is the first software developed by LG utilizing Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), a set of principles and processes to help large organizations adopt agile methodologies to develop and deliver high-quality products and services faster. This software operates independently from the vehicle’s hardware to provide a variety of convenience-enhancing features such as the ability to update the operating system over-the-air and remotely check vehicle charging status.
      What’s more, LG’s Android-based IVI system is the first system based on Android 10 to receive certification from Google Automotive Services (GAS). The platform offers intelligent infotainment services and easy access to various Google apps including Google Assistant, Google Maps and Google Play via the Center Information Display (CID). With its sleek, intuitive Human Machine Interface (HMI) and convenient user experience, the system leverages LG’s growing capabilities as a vehicle solutions provider to meet the diverse needs of today’s motorists and make car travel more enjoyable.
      As an innovative partner for future mobility, LG’s Vehicle component Solutions (VS) Company has earned a reputation as a global top-tier supplier of IVI systems and Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems (ADAS) that reflect the very latest developments and trends in mobility. The business unit is continuously expanding its capabilities and market reach through various efforts, including the acquisition of automotive lighting and headlight systems provider, ZKW Group, and the recent joint venture with Magna International to create the LG Magna e-Powertrain, which launched in July.
      “Digital cockpits have quickly transformed how drivers and passengers interact with their vehicles, allowing for more personalization and enhanced comfort,” said Thierry Cammal, Alliance Global Vice President Renault Software Factory. “We believe that our continued collaborative work with LG has been critical to deliver an outstanding Android cockpit for our Mégane E-TECH Electric revealed at IAA MOBILITY.”
      “Our new IVI system not only meets but exceeds the growing demand for stable, advanced and user-friendly automotive software platforms,” said Dr. Kim Jin-yong, president of the LG Vehicle component Solutions Company. “Through continuous innovation and collaboration with expert partners such as Renault, LG is committed to delivering differentiated in-vehicle experiences and further strengthening our position as a solutions provider for the global auto industry.”
      # # #