Quantcast

Please fix Bluetooth Interface, bad UX, too many steps required

Gerry H.

Connecting my headset to my TV is such a hassle, way too many steps. Every time I have to:

1. open settings
  2. scroll to audio
  3. scroll to bluetooth
  4. pick select a device, which opens another window
  5. navigate to my headset (multiple uses of arrow keys)
  6. select my headset
  7. hit back button multiple times to get out of window

This very bad UX.

How it should work: At step 3 once Bluetooth is selected the TV should connect to the last connected Bluetooth device. Done.

@Gerry H. I agree, that is a hassle.

As this is only a peer-to-peer advice forum, and has no connection to LG, you will have to report this direct to your country LG support.

By the way, have you checked that you have the latest firmware for your TV? What model is it?

Edited by td47
clarification

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By The Old Man
      Hey LG 
      Can you actually answer forum questions because many people want answers,
      and really support your products.

Even me I have asked question but nothing zilch, zit.
      So we buy but nil zit, zero help from you
      Product such as TV's are limited use and life. 
      Playback support and updates are really bad (Only bare minimum support in TV's)
      Seriously this does not make people like me want to purchase your products again
      I am seriously looking at other makers to purchase
      It is a shame because you have such a great product
      Yes I am NOT happy

• By robp
      55UJ651V After a few minutes, the Bluetooth clicks and disconnects. Sometimes it then re-starts the tv into the on mode, with nothing selected. It will not find the bluetooth device again. Unless, I try a different Blutooth device and then it does the same thing all over again. Is there any answer to this - or does the module need replacing. There seems to be a lot of discussion online regarding Bluetooth issues with LG. I have hearing issues and must use headphones! This is impossible!
    • By coltaz
      i currently have a LG oled55cx tv which has not got an audio out setting for bluetooth headphones + internal at the same time. the nearest option is bluetooth surround + internal but the sound on the headphones is very poor and distorted. i'm currently having to run a wire to my headphones if my wife is watching tv as well. are there any other brands or ranges out there which has a bluetooth headphone + internal sound out option. thanks.
    • By Harald Dunkel
      The specs for the magic remote promise "Voice Recognition with Intuitive Mouse Like Pointing and Wheel Control". I think that would be nice. The current implementation of scrolling via the wheel on the magic remote is not intuitive. Why would I move my thumb up to pull the text shown on the screen down to the bottom?
      Question is, can we please get natural scrolling for WebOS 5.5.0 and newer? Some option in the settings would be fine. The current "unnatural" scrolling is a major obstacle in usability for me, and the main reason to not buy LG again.
    • By Stan Lugg
      I have tried to use my wireless headphones in conjunction with my external speakers so I can hear the sound at a different level to others.
      I can get it to work but not properly because my soundbar is connected via HDMI simplink (Sonos Beam).
      When I turn simplink off the Bluetooth speakers work great but no sound from TV Speakers or soundbar even if I pick multiple speakers the sound only comes out of the headphones.
      Is there anyway around this?