Quantcast

Unable to watch a live stream event from a website.

Johnny G

Question

I can get to the web with no problem on my LG TV ( Model UM7300AUE), but when I try to watch a live stream event, I just get a blank screen.  Our church live streams services from their website.  On my computer, it launches automatically.  From the tv, I can get to the exact same page, but no stream, no error message.  I chatted with someone from LG, who told me the tv's browser is incapable of watching a live stream and that I can't use another browser.  I know other tv brands (even older models) do this with no problem.   Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Johnny 

2 answers to this question

Same problem for me - LG is in internet browsing total rubbish. What decided it for me was it would not stream my Mums funeral,  from Wesley media. I got a message saying that it was NOT supported. It could be so good but its not. So I bought a 4G Amazon Firestick I get all the same apps plus all the ones LG does not allow. Live streaming the lot.  plus with a vpn the world is my Oyster.  I watch legal live TV from Spains national broadcaster as well.  There are other boxes like Roku etc but I am happy with Amazon firestick. You just plug n play and there are loads of you tube videos that tell how to get the best out of it.  And of course it plugs into any Tele with HDMI so I take it with me when I travel and use my phone hot spot internet connection to connect to if necessary.  Plus I dont have to tie up a laptop or mobile phone to watch what I want. PS I  dont get paid for this nor do I get any gifts or rewards. I am just fuming at LG for selling me something so useless.

Easy peasey Steve Brooks

[email protected]

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Derek Weselake (WEZ)
      Hey there,  I have had a  OLED55B6P for ten months and I love it but

I have a problem all a sudden, just today it starts to show a black screen with fire works every minutes if I don't press a button on the remote.

I have no eco mode on, no power save modes on, TV firmwire is up to date, and tried turning off on and on the tv.

anyone know how to fix?
    • By Alex
      All LG TVs with webOS 4.0 or higher (2018 - current models)
      You can sign up for Paramount+ on your LG TV with these simple steps:
      Launch the Paramount+ app, and select "Sign Up".  You'll see an access code displayed on your TV screen.  Visit paramountplus.com/lg on your computer or mobile web browser, and enter your access code, then click "Activate". Choose a subscription plan, then click "Continue."  You will be prompted to create a Paramount+ account, or if you already have one, sign in. Enter your payment information, then click "Start Paramount+."  You'll see a confirmation screen, and you can return to your TV to stream Paramount+. Stream Paramount+ on your LG TV (existing subscribers)
      Once you have added the Paramount+ app, there are two ways to sign in:
      On your TV Go to Settings > Sign In.
      Select On my TV. Enter the email address and password you used when subscribing to Paramount+ and select Sign In. That’s it!
      On paramountplus.com
      Go to Settings > Sign In.  Select On paramountplus.com.
      You’ll be presented with a website and a code. Make a note of this code—you’ll need it for the next step.
      Visit paramountplus.com/lg on your computer or mobile device, enter your activation code, and select "Activate". If you’re not signed in to Paramount+ on your computer, you’ll need to do so here. 
      Your screen will refresh, and you can start streaming on your LG TV.
      Read more here: 
      link hidden, please login to view
    • By Reggie Thayil
      Recently my LG C1 has been pausing on its own and going back to the profile selection screen while using native apps. This issue occurs while using Netflix, Disney+, Paramount+, etc.  I tried using my Firestick and it kept pausing my program. I tried a hard reset and that fixed the problem for 2 days before it started again with Disney+. 
      I need a fix for this issue ASAP. 
    • By LGUSA1
      I have the LG 32LJ57 and can I upgrade from 3.0 to 4.0 on a 2017 model ? IDK why my TV just stop at 3.0 but I want to using 4.0 on a 2017 model! Thanks!!
    • By LGUSERINDIA
      I brought LG LED 124cm 49UK7500  UHD/4K from India to UK. Will the TV support UK TV channels such as BBC and others through a TV Aerial cable or do i need to buy a FreeView box?