Quantcast

MAKING A DIFFERENCE ONE LAUNDRY LOAD AT A TIME

News Reporter

Members of LG Greece and non-profit organization Ithaca with their van that holds two LG washers and dryers to help homeless individuals with their personal hygiene.

Homelessness is a serious issue that continues to exist in almost every society exasperated by the unique circumstances of 2020, rendering more people unable to provide shelter for themselves and their loved ones. Thankfully, there are organizations and individuals who selflessly dedicate their time, skills and resources to help. In Athens alone where 18,500 people are without a fixed abode, the Greece office of LG teamed up with a local not-for-profit to make a positive difference.

Ithaca's van contains two washing machines and dryers donated by LG,  where the homeless can visit and have their laundry done fast.

As part of its Life Is Good When You Participate platform which encompasses a broad range of community-focused initiatives, LG supports the good work of Ithaca, an Athens-based organization that assists homeless individuals maintain their personal hygiene. LG has supported Ithaca since its establishment in 2016, donating washing machines and dryers for the organization’s mobile laundry van.

Ithaca’s van contains two washing machines and two dryers that operate simultaneously with all water and electricity expenses covered by Ithaca’s corporate and private sponsors. Individuals in need of the service can simply bring their clothes to one of the van’s scheduled stops in the Attica and Piraeus areas then return to pick them up at a scheduled time. Carefully tending to the laundry and always ready to offer a friendly smile and words of comfort, Ithaca’s employees and community volunteers are warmly welcomed wherever they go.

The washers and dryers donated by LG Greece to the Multipurpose Homeless Center which shorten the time spent on doing laundry thanks to advanced features.

In December, LG Greece extended its homeless assistance program with a donation of five washers and five dryers to the Multipurpose Homeless Center of the Municipality of Athens. Created during the pandemic to afford protection to the city’s growing homeless population, the center can accommodate up to 150 residents and is expected to become a permanent shelter after the pandemic ends.

The advanced appliances with their efficient and reduced wash cycle times enable the center to provide all its guests with the physical and emotional benefits of hygienically-clean, fresh-looking clothes. Ithaca applauded the partnership of LG, noting that its involvement is a much-needed boost for the well-being of the homeless community.

A man from Ithaca using an LG washing machine donated by LG Greece.

“LG shares our vision and desire to assist the homeless and was the first company to put its hand up to help,” said Dimitra Kountourioti, Ithaca’s director of operations. “Thanks to its contribution we’ve managed to carry out important initiatives and reach more people in need. We are very happy for LG’s support and cooperation, which continues to enhance our efforts and the lives of those we strive to help.”

Dimitra Kountourioti, Ithaca’s director of operations, and Georgia Stavropoulou, senior marketing manager at LG Greece, pose for a photo in front of Ithaca's mobile laundry van.

“It is important that we in the corporate community participate in and give back to society,” said Georgia Stavropoulou, senior marketing manager at LG Greece. “We are proud to play our part and hope that our efforts will raise awareness of this important issue and inspire others to get involved.”

Members of Ithaca, who are making a big difference to those in need, pose next to their van that holds LG washers and dryers with the support of LG Greece.

With assistance from LG’s appliances, Ithaca has so far helped more than 6,400 individuals in need and washed approximately 83,000 kilograms of clothes over the course of some 16,000 wash cycles. Ithaca’s tireless work has also created two new jobs, both filled by Athenians who had previously benefited from Ithaca’s service.

Showing that a little help can make a big difference in the lives of those who are struggling, LG in Greece continues to support worthy causes and lend a hand when needed.

By LG Greece Staff

# # #

link hidden, please login to view

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By coltaz
      i currently have a LG oled55cx tv which has not got an audio out setting for bluetooth headphones + internal at the same time. the nearest option is bluetooth surround + internal but the sound on the headphones is very poor and distorted. i'm currently having to run a wire to my headphones if my wife is watching tv as well. are there any other brands or ranges out there which has a bluetooth headphone + internal sound out option. thanks.
    • By Aventiled
      Hey
      I have an OLED C3 evo
      A Pioneer amplifier is connected to the optical output.

I want to connect Bluetooth headphones and use them at the same time as the amplifier.
      The thing is, I haven't seen such an option on TV. It is possible to play simultaneously with the Bluetooth headphones and the internal speakers on the TV.
      There is no option for Bluetooth and the optical port at the same time.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks
      Dani
    • By Babybeauty Thomas
      I just reset my TV and it's asking for my time zone, my time zone (Louisiana)isn't one of the opinions what do I need to do?
    • By Fletcher
      I have recently purchased an LG 43UH610T television.  I am located in Bali, Indonesia.  Everything seems to be working fine, but when I click on any of the options, such as LGTV, YouTube etc, it tells me I must first consent to the LG Smart TV user agreement.  However, I then get a message saying "Unable to load user agreements - a server error has occurred ......"
      Can you help?
    • Weebly - Websites, eCommerce & Marketing in one place.
    • By News Reporter
      Coming to Earlier LG Smart TV Models, webOS Re:New Program Gives More Users
      Access to the Elevated Home Entertainment Experience Most Recent Platform Provides

SEOUL, Jan. 4, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG) announced that it is offering the latest upgrade* of the webOS smart TV platform to owners of older LG Smart TVs, effectively evolving their smart TV into the ultimate home entertainment hub.
      In early 2024, the webOS Re:New program will bring the latest webOS upgrade to every model in LG’s 2022 OLED TV lineup, LG OLED Flex, LG OLED Objet Collection Posé as well as LG’s 2022 QNED Mini LED 8K (QNED99/95 series), promising users the joy of a new TV experience for the next five years. This upgrade will be extended to more LG TVs worldwide in the future to add more entertainment and versatility to the TV experience across the world.
      With the latest version of webOS, LG Smart TV owners can enjoy an even more personalized TV experience with a Home Screen that greets users with recommendations according to their tastes. The user interface is highly customizable, which means viewers can personalize the selection of content and services and access them with even greater ease. And to make the process even more seamless, the Quick Card UI intuitively sorts diverse content and services into categories like music, games and sports within a user-centric interface that resembles mobile user interface design.
      What’s more, courtesy of advanced security technology and an optimized operating system, users are protected with a high level of stability, security and seamlessness throughout the entire viewing experience.
      With more LG Smart TVs adopting the latest webOS upgrade, content providers and service developers will have more opportunities to spread new content, services and features to a wider audience.
      LG has shared its bold vision to become a media and entertainment platform, a business transformation that will enrich customers’ lives by delivering valuable services and a unique collection of curated content across its wide-ranging products. Powering more than 200 million LG Smart TVs worldwide, webOS will continue to evolve through significant upgrades to constantly revolutionize the customer experience. LG is poised to invest heavily in its webOS business to secure a vast library of content and services so that it can cater to the diverse lifestyles and preferences of consumers, strengthening its competitive edge in content selection and convenience.
      “Demonstrated by the constant improvement to the webOS platform’s UX and UI, LG is firmly dedicated to elevating convenience and security, ensuring that users benefit from a hassle-free and secure experience when using our products,” said Baik Seon-pill, leader of the LG Home Entertainment Company’s Product Planning Division. “We strive to provide life-enriching experiences for our customers by delivering a wide range of content and services on our TVs.”
      The LG Home Entertainment Company’s latest innovations will be on show at CES 2024 from January 9-12 at the LG booth (#16008, Las Vegas Convention Center). To keep up with all of LG’s exciting announcements at CES, visit
      link hidden, please login to view and . # # #
      * Pop-up notifications offering a full upgrade without the need to select specific UX, UI or features are only sent to customers who have agreed to receive them. Please note that this upgrade does not cover the TV’s hardware performance, features or durability.