Quantcast

TV does not accept cookies and videos are not played

Francesco Gaetani

Question

Hallo everyone,
Since 3 months now my LG UHD TV AI ThinQ does not want to play any videos through the browser.

I guess there is an issue with the cookies policy as it seems that the TV does not record/recognize the "accept all cookies" option prompted on the screen when I load the video in the browser.  I click on "accept all cookies" the page reloads but instead of starting the video it shows me again the disclaimer for cookies..

Here is the page I'd like to reproduce: https://www.rainews.it/tgr/vda/notiziari/index.html?/tgr/rainews.html 

Thank you and regards, Francesco. 

1 answer to this question

@Francesco Gaetani Most browser offered for use as the "built in" browser "app" in most smart TV's (including LG), are very basic, do not contain all the features and goodies that are in mainstream PC browsers (like Firefox, and Edge etc). So, you will find many things that do not work, and many items that will not load or play.  The other issue is that the browser apps RARELY get updated on smart TV's, so often fall very behind current browser technologies.

Because smart TV's have a browser, and "apps" many owners think they are like a PC, but it is like comparing chalk and cheese.

It my sound very "clunky" but your best method is to use you laptop, and cast the video to your TV.

Edited by td47
typo
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Low Grade
      hi, 
      i just need to listen to the audio of certain Youtube videos so is it possible to turn off the screen ?.............this is possible for Live TV though............😀
    • By Wondering
      After viewing photos/videos on a flashdrive plugged into the USB of an LG TV and using SmartShare to view... and then removing the USB and then no longer having access to the TV... I noticed on the flashdrive a new folder called "LG TV" and within what appears to be files that may have been the thumbnails displayed on the TV. My question is... do those thumbnails also remain on the TV as recent history even without the USB plugged in? The LG Smart TV online user guide refers to "Recent" ("To view a list of recently viewed or added content, select Recent). Would thumbnails be there without the source flashdrive?
    • By keshav iyer
      Videos from certain websites are unable to play on browser after latest update to webOS 5.50.55. In the first image there should be a play icon on the video player

• By Xuancong Wang
      Dear LG TV developers,
      I am glad to see that LG Smart TV has a built-in web browser and LG API supports "openBrowserAt" so that my smart home controller can open a web page on the TV. However, nowadays, we also have ms-teams online meeting that is accessible through web browser which the LG TV supports. However, this requires the browser to have a microphone to record audio and to have a webcam for video recording. Also, certain smart-home systems also need built-in microphone to record voice commands so that no additional standalone unit is required next to the TV.
      Unfortunately, LG Smart TV (I have OLED48A1PTA) does not have microphone neither does it support USB mic/webcam. So I am writing this post to suggest that future middle/higher-end LG Smart TV can be equipped with these. Moreover, it might be possible for TV firmware update to add the support of USB webcam/microphone so that they can be used in web browsers for web-based online meeting.
      Thank you very much for your consideration!
      Best regards,
      Xuancong
    • By Clifford Walker
      Upto a few weeks back had no issues but am unable to watch bbc weather page videos?