Quantcast

No HP Pre 3 in the US, just stinks!

I was really holding out for this phone on Verizon!

Up until June this year, I was a 15 year customer of Sprint. Used to have Nextel phones most of those years, but went to a Palm Pre on opening day in June 2009, from Radio Shack. That's when I grew into webOS. Since Sprint clearly was not going to get anymore webOS phones, I followed the blogs and eagerly awaited news on the pre 3 to hit Verizon. All signs were that it would.

Then Verizon announced it was moving away from their unlimited data at $29.99! I fealt the sense of urgency to get on Verizon to be grandfathered in. My contract with Sprint was over. So I went into a phone plan without a contract after I bought a Verizon Pixi Plus off of Amazon for $45. Now I'm on Verizon with this phone, no contract....waiting. Now no HP pre 3 at all! This just sucks all together...what to do now.

I ordered a Verizon pre 2 during the firesale, but that may now be cancelled hp tells me, due to their overselling.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep I'm a 10 year vet of sprint myself and as of this month I'm off contract . I will be hunting down a pre³ if possible and moving to AT&T if I find one . There was most certainly a Verizon pre³ that was in testing , but the phone companies dropped support as soon as HP said they were going to stop making devices. Also the pre³ was within 2 weeks of being put up for sale on both AT&T and verizon . Its just to bad !!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using

link hidden, please login to view

• 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Satya_
      Software version 05.30.10 default web browser just updated and the address bar appear on the top of the screen which bother me a lot while playing a video please add a Full screen option to it
    • By News Reporter
      Tomorrow, June 5, is World Environment Day. The United Nations created this day in 1972 in recognition of the need for there to be a coordinated global focus to begin to make conserving the environment and our natural resources a priority. While World Environment Day and Earth Day (April 22) may have similar goals and objectives, they have different origins and initiatives. To celebrate this year’s World Environment Day, let’s look at the role of plastic in today’s world and what LG is doing to lessen its environmental impact.
      Plastic is an intrinsic part of modern life, found in almost every consumer product that isn’t crafted by hand. The issue with plastic is when it has outlived its usefulness, most of it ends up contributing to the increasing global problem of plastic pollution. In 2019 alone, more than 130 million metric tons of single-use plastics were discarded, with much of that thrown into landfills, burned or dumped into the world’s waterways.1

Photo Credit:
      Produced primarily from fossil fuel-based chemicals, plastics can release harmful toxins throughout their lifecycle, damaging the environment and presenting a significant health risk at the same time. Without significant changes in production, consumption and waste management, the amount of plastic material entering the world’s oceans each year will increase to almost 30 million metric tons by 2040.2 System-wide changes in our relationship with plastic are long overdue. But for this to happen, governments, corporations and consumers will all have to play their part.
      LG Electronics is already on board.
      LG’s 18 OLED TV models for 2021 require fewer components than conventional LCD TVs thanks to their unique backlight-less structure, meaning less plastic is required in the manufacturing process. For example, LG’s 65-inch model 65G1 OLED TV requires just 30 percent of the plastic used in the same-size LCD TV (model 65UP75). With a lineup featuring more OLED than LCD models, LG expects to reduce its plastic usage by approximately 10,000 tons this year.

LG is also increasing its use of recycled and recyclable materials, such as more metal in the outer casings of 2021 OLED TV models. And unlike LCD, OLED panels don’t require harmful materials such as cadmium and indium, making OLED the natural choice for environmentally-conscious customers. Even at the end of their lifecycle, LG OLED TVs offer excellent resource efficiency and a high recycling rate compared to LCD TVs, which are more complex and more resource-intensive to manufacture. What’s more, LG is planning to expand the use of recycled plastics in certain models of 2021 LCD TVs such as QNED Mini LED, using up to 750 tons of recycled plastic this year alone.

The increased use of recycled materials extends to LG’s 2021 soundbars as well. The exterior cases of all 2021 soundbar models are manufactured with attractive yet durable recycled plastics.3 By the end of the year the company expects to have reduced approximately 300 tons of plastic waste from landfills, repurposing them in LG soundbars. Certain soundbars will also incorporate Global Recycled Standard certified polyester jersey fabric made from recycled PET bottles, resulting in the removal of 1.5 million half-liter PET bottles from the trash this year alone.4 Furthermore, LG has adopted cleaner and greener packaging for its entire soundbar lineup by using recycled, molded pulp and significantly reducing the use of EPS (polystyrene) foam and plastics.
      And by designing soundbar boxes in the shape of the letter L, LG was able to create a smaller footprint when shipping, saving on fuel and reducing emissions. The unique packaging enables a typical delivery truck to accommodate 58 percent more boxes.5 And because the L-shape reduces the empty space between boxes, less fillers are required, meaning less trash in the owner’s garbage bin. LG’s OLED TV and soundbar are the first OLED TV and audio products to receive SGS Eco-Product recognition from SGS Société Générale de Surveillance SA of Switzerland.6

Full video: LG Global channel
      By doing its part to help reduce the problem of plastic pollution, LG is honoring its commitment to the planet and consumers and helping to pave the way to a more sustainable future.
      # # #
      1 Plastic Waste Makers Index, Minderoo Foundation,
      3 Recycled plastic used in LG soundbar models SP11RA, SP9YA, SP8YA, SP7Y, SPD7Y, SP2, G1 evaluated per UL 2809 Environmental Claim Validation Procedure (ECVP) for Recycled Content.
      4 Models SP7Y, SP2/2W, G1.
      5 Based on model SP8YA.
      6 SGS Eco-Product certification received for 2021 LG OLED TV models Z1,G1,C1,B1, A1 and 2021 LG soundbar models SP11RA, SP9YA , SP8YA, SP7Y, SPD7Y , G1, QP5.

• By Luis Miguel Caston
      Dear all,
      Trust you are doing well.
      Do you know if is there a possibility to update web os version¿
      I have 1.4.0 web os version and doesn’t have the app: Apple TV 
      Thank you for your support.
    • By Paulct
      I just bought a lg b7 oled and have a problem. I dont subscribe to cable so I wont ever be using it on this tv. Every time I start the tv it loads the OS and the cable-less static comes on the screen and BLASTS through the speakers. The tiles for netflix, hulu, etc are at the bottom so I choose one of those. How do I stop the tv from defaulting to turning on the "tv" that clearly doesnt exist? Ive tried deleting the tile for live tv, and even moving it to the far right side but still every time I turn n the tv - static with the menu on the bottom. 
    • By News Reporter
      Last month, residents in New South Wales (NSW), Australia experienced one of the biggest flood disasters to hit the state in more than 50 years when persistent storms saw thousands of residents evacuate more than 18 communities. Days and nights of what seemed like never-ending rain resulted in widespread property damage and a growing number of residents stranded without their homes and personal belongings.

LG Electronics’ Australian office is truly passionate about helping its community in a time of need and that is why they teamed up with the country’s biggest radio show , to support local families who lost everything in floodwaters within a matter of hours in NSW.
      In a KIIS 1065 giveback segment, Kyle and Jackie O invited three unassuming families from NSW to sit down with them and share their flood experience first-hand with listeners in studio. After listening to their harrowing stories of loss, with tears in their eyes, the presenters surprised these families by announcing LG Electronics Australia would replace their damaged household appliances to help them get back on their feet as they rebuild their homes in the coming weeks and months. Products would include much needed home appliances such as refrigerators, washing machines and microwave ovens.

During the KIIS 1065 segment, Kyle and Jackie O told their listeners that LG Electronics Australia had committed to replacing damaged household appliances in 150 homes impacted by the floods, providing approximately AUD 230,000 in support packages to be distributed to flood affected families as a small gesture to help rebuild their homes. Listeners were asked to nominate families via the KIIS 1065 website detailing the stories of those most in need for new LG home appliance relief packages.

Alongside this relief initiative, LG Electronics Australia will re-launch its next month. The program rewards and celebrates everyday people, charity groups, and community organizations throughout Australia that go above and beyond to make everyone’s life that little bit better. Last year the program supported more than 30 families, with 24 LG Local Legends coming from a range of worthy causes. Here are some of their

Global events from the past year and historic local events of the present have shown Australians the power of community spirit when it comes to supporting those in need. LG Electronics in Australia is honored to have played a part in helping families affected most during these difficult times. Equally, the company looks forward to continuing to recognize local community legends for the duration of this year.
      By LG Australia Staff
      # # #