Quantcast

are we getting Airplay for OLED65C7T (2018 OLED) or not?

Simon Block

Question

There have been numerous articles over the pst year  suggesting that LG would roll AirPlay support onto the older 2018 model OLED TV's. This was even confirmed by a support person on the chat session for the Australian support site. They said it would be released before the end of 2020. 

My TV is OLED65C7T and is currently on firmware 05.80.55. 

Last week I asked the "chat now" person again and they said it was not happening. I'm not sure any of them know what they are talking about. 

Can anyone shed any light on this?

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

@Simon Block That is interesting that you quoted having 05.80.55 firmware on your OLED65C7T model.  I searched for that, but found only version 04.70.71. However, I seem to be directed to the Australian LG site (as it is my Locale), so maybe I am looking in the wrong place.  After a lot of searching, I found 05.80.55 under the model "OLED65B7A.AUS" so probably a similar model range?

As regards your issue, I don't beleive LG monitor this peer-to-peer support forum, so they will not (as far as I know) ever officially comment here.

Although the original AirPlay has been around since 2010, the modern AirPlay2 was only announced as being supported and integrated into Smart TV's at CES2019 show, and given the difficulties with COVID during most of 2020, I think this has slowed a LOT of R&D and testing with many manufacturers. There are probably many more factors at play, but I suspect COVID (and the resultant lack of extra revenue to allocate during a pandemic) has had a big effect on this sort of thing.  I also suspect that LG would see supporting older 2018 TV's (already purchased, so no revenue stream) as additional R&D and testing costs, with NO return on that investment, just to help iPhone or iPad users send a Netflix film to thier TV.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Josef
      I am recording videos to 
      link hidden, please login to view NAS. During the recording I like to watch the video (still recording).  The Photo and Video App on webOS does not show the file unless the recording has terminated. Is there a possibility to watch videos in webOS while it get recorded? Joseph

• By News Reporter
      LG USA’s latest collaboration in their year-long Only on OLED content campaign is a three-part content series featuring popular Kansas City Chiefs football tight end Travis Kelce and a look at his ambitions not only for the upcoming football season which kicked off this past week but also off the field as a fashion brand founder, business owner, and philanthropist.

The three-part series is airing on with special cut downs from the episodes available on and promoted across the .

Episode 1 of “Travis Kelce, Only on OLED” which debuted last week, answers the question, “What’s next for Travis Kelce?” Accompanied by his close friends, the series chronicles Kelce’s next big idea, “365 Days of Travis,” a calendar allowing his fans to get more of him every day of the year. Throughout the series, viewers will see the calendar come to life from concept to photo shoot, and ultimately the big unveil.

“Partnering with LG in the lead up to my season was a natural fit,” said Kelce. “There is no better way to watch football or any sport than on an LG OLED TV. I was stunned by the picture quality, its ability to capture the speed of sports in intense, crisp detail and deliver an experience that made you feel like you were at the game. Working with them on this series also let me show people who I am off the field. I appreciate LG giving me the opportunity to share that with others.”

“To highlight LG OLED’s ability to deliver an unrivaled sports viewing experience at home, it was only fitting that our next Only on OLED collaboration be with one of football’s biggest champions as the pro and college football seasons get underway,” said Peggy Ang, LG’s Senior Vice President of Marketing. “With our Only on OLED activations, we are bringing to our consumers unique content that goes beyond the game and highlights the stories behind today’s biggest athletes off the field.”

The Only on OLED campaign focuses on key consumer passions in sports, movies and gaming that are drivers for TV purchases. To reach consumers, the campaign features unparalleled access to unique events and moments best enjoyed on LG OLED TVs. Earlier this summer, LG released Hangin’ With Kuz, a social media series featuring basketball star Kyle Kuzma which offered fans a glimpse into his new home and off-court passions. The program kicked off earlier this year with a live celebrity gaming showdown between multi-platinum-selling music mogul DJ Khaled and world-renowned actor Megan Fox.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By News Reporter
      From heart rate monitors in smartwatches to accelerometers and gyroscopes for measuring an athlete’s movement or swing, technology takes sports to a whole new level of precision. In the world of esports, advanced tech isn’t just something that’s good to have, it’s a necessity. And in this world, LG UltraGear hardware has developed a reputation as the best gear for victory.

According to , the gaming PC and monitor market expanded rapidly in 2020, reaching 55 million units sold for a year-on-year increase of 26.8 percent. And with more people than ever working and playing from home, demand for better PC hardware experienced huge growth with sales of LG’s gaming monitors more than tripling between 2019 and 2020.
      Let’s take a look at what sets LG UltraGear gaming monitors apart from the rest.

Compared to other panel technologies such as Twisted Nematic (TN) or Vertical Alignment (VA), LG’s In-Plane Switching (IPS) panel provides a wider viewing angle with minimal color distortion as well as a wide color gamut with excellent contrast. LG was the to introduce an IPS monitor with one millisecond Gray-to-Gray (GTG) response time, a significant advantage over the 20-30 milliseconds of regular monitors. One millisecond means fewer distracting visual effects such as ghosting for a smoother, faster gaming experience. And with a refresh rate of up to 144Hz, ultra-high screen resolution and exceptionally lifelike picture quality, it’s easy to see why LG UltraGear has become an esport favorite.

Currently there are in the UltraGear monitor lineup including a new 32-inch (model 32GP850) featuring the advanced Nano IPS display technology. Later this year, LG will debut the industry’s first 34-inch monitor with NVIDIA G-SYNC® ULTIMATE built-in for the highest level of compatibility with NVIDIA graphics cards.

LG makes a great effort to understand what gaming fans really want. One way is through the UltraGear Advisory Board, an online community of approximately 200 gamers from around the world managed by LG. Members of the board have a voice in developing new products, advising on both technical as well as design aspects.

And LG UltraGear gaming monitors are not only the ideal choice for a home gaming setup, it’s a brand in high demand by professionals who game for a living. LG is currently with Gen.G Esports, one of the top esports organizations, to support their League of Legends Champions Korea (LCK) team. Using LG UltraGear monitors, the team is already .

Built for a better gaming experience to deliver an edge over the competition, LG’s UltraGear gaming monitors have been the preferred gear for many gamers since its launch in 2018. So whether you’re a pro gamer or just a casual player, LG UltraGear can provide the right gear for the job to make the difference between victory and defeat.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By anishjp
      Hi LG
      When playing a Dolby Vision file encoded in MKV container format, the image is green/purple in colour. A quick googling says, this occurs due the default media player in WebOS not able to decode Dolby Vision MKV container files properly.
      When will this be fixed?
      Regards,
      Anish
    • By SNiPpy YiPpy
      Hello all,
      I believe this problem started after i accidently started and immediately cancelled the download of a app. After this I am unable to install or update any app evem after resetting to initial settings.
      This should be the exact problem found here https://www.lgwebos.com/topic/1918-because-i-can however the solution seems to require a new update. Help?