Quantcast

"Application has not been installed. Try again" error

I have a problem updating or installing amazon prime video app. When hitting the update button (after several factory resets) it simply says "Application has not been installed. Try again" after it stops.

This possibly happened due to a cancelled update a week ago.

Any ideas how to fix this? Factory reset doesn't work. App won't run without update, and update won't run.

• 3 months later...

I am having precisely this same problem with my LG smart tv, only with netflix. I am stuck in a closed dead end loop, app must be updated, update app, app not loaded try again. LG builds and sells flawed POS junk tv sets filled with bugs, corrupt software and broken systems. I will never buy an LG product again. They are not safe to deal with.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      Company Awarded 28 Awards for Excellence in Product Design,
      Including Two “Best of the Best” Honors

SEOUL, Apr. 4, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG) announces it has received a total of 28 awards at this year’s Red Dot Award. Among the multiple accolades are two Best of the Best accolades for LG CLOi ServeBot and Signature Kitchen Suite Transitional Series wall ovens.
      Recognized with a Best of the Best honor, LG CLOi ServeBot incorporates innovative technology in a sleek design with stability in mind. For increased convenience and versatility, the autonomous serving robot features a three-tier shelves that can be adjusted or detached to suit the situation and can even hold up to 40 kilograms, making it easy to move heavy loads.
      Offering enhanced driving performance with six wheels and independent suspension, the CLOi ServeBot can even move stably on unsteady floors. Equipped with a 3D camera and a light detection and ranging (LiDAR) sensor, CLOi ServeBot can recognize environments and communicate with other CLOi ServeBot to coordinate movements without access points, enabling the stable operation of more than ten robots in the same space simultaneously. Featuring outstanding technology, CLOi ServeBot was awarded the Innovation Award at CES 2024.
      Also awarded the Best of the Best, the Signature Kitchen Suite Transitional Series wall ovens were recognized for its modern and minimal design with an elegant, velvety matte finish that elevates the kitchen environment. Delivering a chic, minimalist appearance, Transitional Series ovens are equipped with slimmer handles than those found on Professional Series models.
      Equipped with Gourmet AI technology and a built-in high-definition camera, the ovens can identify ingredients and automatically suggest optimal recipes on the display. Through the LG ThinQ app, users can monitor what they’re cooking in real time and even capture time-lapse videos and photos.
      LG StanbyME Go, a portable 27-inch screen built into a case, was recognized as both an Innovative Product and Winner at this year’s Red Dot Awards. Complete with an integrated Dolby Atmos sound system, HDMI connectivity and webOS, StanbyME Go is the complete anywhere-you-want entertainment experience. LG StanbyME Go is the ideal mobile entertainment screen with its 40W speakers and articulating arm can position the screen in three different ways. Protected by its military-grade case, users can enjoy their content in and outside the home, take it tailgating, camping and anywhere their travels take them.
      Other innovations recognized for outstanding design include LG’s latest TV, laptop, monitor, speaker, air conditioners, washing machines and dryers, Styler, all-in-one system ironing, dehumidifier and HydroTower, a combination of air purifier and humidifier.
      The Red Dot Award is one of the most respected competitions for product design, communication design and design concepts in the world.
      “LG will continue to provide a warm and innovative customer experience with a design tailored to users’ lifestyles along with the company’s unique smart life solutions,” said Hwang Sung-gul, head of LG Electronics’ Corporate Design Center.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By geoffHome
      Initially would search and find 3 networks (Testra Air, the correct one and one other??) but would not connect.
      Reset our router (turn off then turned on again  and waited) but now no networks are even found to attempt to connect to.
      Any suggestions what my next step should be?  This has happened suddenly.  Thanks
    • By Laurence
      I have an LG65UR80006LJ and when I plug my portable hard drive in to one of the USB ports, it lights up and sometimes the thumbnail folder gets added by the TV (I can see it when I plug the drive back into my PC) and twice now it has operated as expected and it appears as a device on the media app.
      But it has only worked correctly twice and now doesn't find the drive at all, despite me having reformatted it and only add one file to the root directory (the first page if this makes sense; not buried in sub folders.)
      Before I box the TV back up and send it back, is there anything else I need/can do as my 12 year old Philips smart tv has no problems what so ever finding the drive and playing the media on it?
      Thanks in advance for your help.
      Laurence 
    • By Calvinder
      A couple days ago My LG Oled voice recognition stopped working.
      If I speak to it it just says "Voice not recognized"
      I have tried many things I found online to fix this issue with no luck.
      One suggestion was to go to Settings>all settings>general>AI Service>Voice recognition service and change to LG ThinQ.
      But the  Voice recognition service tab is gone. There is only voice recognition settings tab 
      I would rather not have to reset to factory settings unless there is a way to save / export my current seating's
      Any suggestions  

Thanks 

• By Nina05
      My tv shows this error when I try to play movies from Disney +
      Something went wrong Error code: "PB_WEBOS_DR-" 6002_X We are having trouble playing this video right now. Please try again or select another content.

Please help