Quantcast

Random volume decrease

holyslayerpt

Question

Hi,

I have a problem with my LG TV. Sometimes when i am watching TV the volume decreases by itself. I don't know what causes this but the only fix is to increase the volume above 15. I have contacted LG support and they changed the TV motherboard but the problem remains. Anyone else having this problem?

Model: 49UK7550PLA

webOS TV Version: 4.2.0-8406 (goldilocks-gomolsha)

1 answer to this question

Hey!

I'm having exactly the same issue. The sounds gets really low (but the volume setting is unchanged), and I have to go above 15 to reset it at lower levels. It's concerning that replacing the motherboard didn't help, but I sort of always assumed this was a software issue.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Danilo Peixoto Ferreira
      I wish I could control the volume of my LG TV 65NANO96SNA (webOS 4.50.71) using Apple TV 4K 3rd Generation (tvOS 17.3) with HDMI CEC (Belkin AV10176bt2M-BLK cable). The Apple TV has it on Settings, however, the TV does not respond to it. Turn on/off works. Volume control only works with IR. Could we prepare an update to support and fix it?

• By Danilo Peixoto Ferreira
      I wish I could control the volume of my LG TV 65NANO96SNA (webOS 4.50.71) using Apple TV 4K 3rd Generation (tvOS 17.3) with HDMI CEC (Belkin AV10176bt2M-BLK cable). The Apple TV has it on Settings, however, the TV does not respond to it. Turn on/off works. Volume control only works with IR. Could we prepare an update to support and fix it?

link hidden, please login to view
    • By RCarlton
      I have a 2 year old LG smart TV and A LG soundbar. Periodically the volume will drop way down and when I turn the TV off and on it restores to regular volume.  TV or soundbar? Any ideas?
    • By PoeyYong Wong
      I have this LG OLEDXXCXPTA TV with Sonos for over 2 years. Except in the beginning where I have some issue with volume control with Sonos, it has been working fine. Recently I am encountering problem controlling volume with LG remote for my Sonos Arc. The only way I could get it back to work is to reset the LG TV to initial setup like what I have done 2 years + ago to regain volume control back with a new setup.
      However this time it seems to be different, I continue to lose volume control unexpectedly and I cannot see a trend. The latest being when I use the Netflix app to watch shows on my LG TV.
      Any suggest to resolve this?
      It is getting frustrating to keep resetting TV to initial setup so that I could use the remote for volume control.
    • By Chris Cawley
      Is it possible to increase the volume of the Bluetooth volume on my TV ?