Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Kenny Nwadike

Academic survey on LG Web OS

Question

I am a Computer Science graduate student at the Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America. I am conducting research studies in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) which helps designers and scientists build better computer interfaces. This study fulfills an academic requirement of the course, CS6750- Human-Computer Interaction.  Please kindly assist me in this study by honestly answering the survey questions about LG WebOS, which is the interface LG uses in their Smart Televisions. 

LG WebOS App Home Survey https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeCFN7KIyq6_dCd9z1CvIgWTwPmgEhwGwv42mgtGWknHG8v4Q/viewform?usp=fb_send_twt

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By datdarndot
      I have a one year-old model 43UK6500AUA, with standard remote only (no Magic Remote). I can find no mention anywhere of Time Machine. Does this model not include Time Machine  II functionality? Must one have a Magic Remote to reveal this feature? I am also baffled by numerous references in the forum to using HDMI , which should not be necessary if using the TV's built-in tuner, as I intend to do. There is also mention of using USB3 for the external HDD. My TV has only  two  USB ports : USB1 and USB2 — or does this refer to USB 3.0 version (as opposed to USB 2.0)?
    • By Rod Roderick
      Last Friday the 26th of October I was able to play all of the shared files (mp4, avi, divx, mkv, almost anything) on several of my computers on my network on my LG OLED 65C7P and had been doing so for the past 10 months. Saturday morning Nothing would play. I can navigate to the files on the computer with the TV but everything returns the message "This file cannot be recognized. Do you want to play the next file." The next file after waiting several minutes returns the same message. I then tried another computer on the network with the same results. I was wondering if the TV had downloaded an update that screwed this up. The software version is 04.71.00 and the WebOS TV Version is 3.71-57127 (dreadlocks2-drto). The TV plays my cable box and input from my amp fine. I stream almost everything from my compter and I will be lost without this function.
    • By slewis7
      The Magic Remote has universal remote control support for a number of different sound bar brands, but not for Definitive Technology and their W Studio sound bar model.  I would like to see this support added.  It would also be nice if the interface allowed manually setting the remote control codes for various functions, in the case where corresponding devices are not listed.
    • By Alex
      Build Your First App for webOS TV
      Web apps are written using HTML with copious amounts of CSS and JavaScript for style and functionality. Any modern Web browser can deliver this type of apps to the user.  With webOS TV, web apps are elevated to the lofty title of a first class citizen - web apps on webOS TV are given access to the same hardware, and OS features that typically available to native apps.

Web apps built for webOS TV are very similar to standard web apps. Like the standard web applications, you can create web apps for webOS TV using standards based web technologies like HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. Anyone with experience in building web applications can easily start developing web apps for webOS TV.

Now, just create your app using the CLI.
      Run the webOS TV CLI.

Create new app with Enyo bootplate.
      ares-generate -t moonstone-2014 first-app Now you can continue developing and testing your app.

Edit ./first-app/appinfo.json file. Update "id" and "title" properties in appinfo.json file with text editor as below.
      {
          "id": "com.yourdomain.app.firstapp",
          "version": "0.0.1",
          "vendor": "My Company",
          "type": "web",
          "main": "index.html",
          "title": "singlepane",
          "icon": "icon.png",
      }

Package your app from app directory. If app is packaged successfully, you can see the created .ipk file.
      ares-package first-app  
      Run the webOS TV Emulator.

Install your app to emulator. Be sure to use the correct file name for your package.
      ares-install com.yourdomain.app.firstapp_0.0.1_all.ipk  
      Launch your app on emulator.
      ares-launch com.yourdomain.app.firstapp
    • By indusnet
      I have created a LG webos smart tv app. I have created .ipk file through webOS IDE v1.0.0 SDK.

Does LG 49UB850T smart TV model support this ipk file? If yes, then please confirm me, so that i can purchase that TV. It cost around Rs.1,44,000.

This is the TV link 
      link hidden, please login to view
      Thanks in advance.