Quantcast

Academic survey on LG Web OS

Kenny Nwadike

Question

I am a Computer Science graduate student at the Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America. I am conducting research studies in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) which helps designers and scientists build better computer interfaces. This study fulfills an academic requirement of the course, CS6750- Human-Computer Interaction.  Please kindly assist me in this study by honestly answering the survey questions about LG WebOS, which is the interface LG uses in their Smart Televisions. 

LG WebOS App Home Survey https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeCFN7KIyq6_dCd9z1CvIgWTwPmgEhwGwv42mgtGWknHG8v4Q/viewform?usp=fb_send_twt

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      Being an environmentally conscious company means looking deep into all business processes and putting the utmost effort into transforming, both externally and internally, from the supply chain to the organizational culture. In other words, LG aims to be an environmentally sustainable business, calling for specific and tangible actions with the three environmental ESG initiatives outlined in its BETTER LIFE PLAN 2030.

The initiatives mark a paradigm shift towards adopting tangible, specific and measurable actions for a better, cleaner and greener environment. Part two of the Better Life story series, this article looks at the environmental action plans LG has established and the goals it is working hard to achieve.

According to research, the average temperature on
      link hidden, please login to view (2.2 degrees Fahrenheit) since pre-industrial times. Responding to the urgency of climate change, LG remains steadfastly committed to attaining carbon neutrality, and to converting entirely to renewable energy in the long term. Its dedication to both goals can already be seen in the energy-efficient technologies applied at LG Smart Park in Changwon, South Korea. Exercising immediate change for its carbon initiative, LG is converting to more efficient operational processes and applying energy-efficient technologies across all of its production plants. LG Smart Park, the company’s revolutionary production facility, deploys next-generation manufacturing innovations to simultaneously achieve higher production efficiency and enhanced sustainability. The manufacturing hub has increased productivity by 20 percent and reduced the cost of defective-product returns by 80 percent. Moreover, LG Smart Park has reduced greenhouse gas emissions and boosted energy efficiency per unit by 30 percent compared to the previous factory.

LG is looking to change the status quo of end-of-lifecycle management by using eco-friendly materials, streamlining manufacturing processes and turning discarded materials into ‘new’ resources, with the aim of creating a circular economy.
      The reducing, recovering, recycling and reusing of materials are all very important in a circular economy. LG operates a free e-waste retrieval service in 52 countries and aims to collect an accumulated total of over eight million tons of used appliances from 2006 to 2030. As for recycling, LG is improving its existing processes to achieve a higher recycling rate, with the end goal of hitting 95 percent by 2030. As part of this, the company’s Chilseo Recycling Center (CRC) situated in Hamyang, South Korea, plans to replace the compressor and old equipment by the latter half of the year. Furthermore, LG recently invited its employees to come together in the collective journey towards circularity by using fewer disposable paper cups at work.

A global leader in consumer electronics, LG is dedicated to helping consumers realize a more sustainable lifestyle. This is why the company is applying eco-friendly technologies to all newly developed products, contributing to a smaller carbon footprint and resource recirculation.
      By 2030, LG plans to have reduced total carbon emissions from the product-usage stage by 20 percent. It also projects that, from 2021 to 2030, it will have used an accumulated total of six hundred thousand tons of recycled plastics in the production of new home appliances. In the future, the company will be able to offer products that are even more energy-efficient and environmentally sustainable than its current crop of models, helping consumers to reduce their monthly energy bills, achieve a more sustainable household and enjoy the best version of the Better Life LG aims to provide.

For more on how LG is embracing inclusivity, sustainability and diversity in all that it does, stay tuned for the third and final Better Life story, coming soon to Beyond News.
      # # #

• By News Reporter
      LG Marks Next Major Phase of Its CTV Advertising Business

SEOUL, Sep. 15, 2022 – LG Electronics (LG) today announced a rollout of LG Ads Solutions proprietary automatic content recognition (ACR) technology across LG TVs globally, beginning this September. The rollout will replace legacy technology and put the new ACR solution on millions of smart TVs across 27 countries in Europe, Africa, Asia-Pacific, Latin America and Australia.
      The new ACR provided by LG Ads Solutions is already active on LG smart TVs in the U.S. and with the rollout, LG CTV data will be available exclusively through LG Ads Solutions.
      “Since the LG Ads Solutions launch last May, the team has created tremendous momentum for the business globally,” said Chris Jo, Senior Vice President and Head of Platform Business at LG Electronics Home Entertainment Company. “This rollout of the new ACR is another great milestone that demonstrates its commitment to excellence, and dedication to bringing the best possible advertising solutions to brands and agencies around the world.”
      CEO Raghu Kodige said, “This rollout marks the next major phase of our global CTV advertising business with LG Ads Solutions. It is a highly significant moment for brands across four continents, who increasingly need to reach cord-cutters and light TV viewers who have migrated to OTT services, and to understand incremental reach over traditional linear TV services. Now with LG Ads Solutions, brands globally can plan, activate and measure CTV advertising using the industry’s best ACR data set to help guarantee campaign success.”
      The ACR data, which is in compliance with all global and regional consumer data privacy regulations, helps brands understand, in an anonymized fashion, how frequent certain TV ads were aired in any given household. For brands, this means it can increase frequency levels for underexposed households, cap frequency for overexposed households, win over households that are exposed to competitors’ ads, and more. Of major importance, it informs brands and agencies which households they are missing completely due to cord-cutting.
      The data can also be used to measure the effectiveness of ads, such as if an ad drove viewers to a particular TV show or movie, or if an ad led to the download or registration of an OTT app or service.
      LG Ads Solutions already powers CTV campaigns in over 40 countries globally. Now, brands in any country covered by the ACR rollout can immediately begin working with LG Ads Solutions to understand TV audience viewership in their country at a granular level, in order to pinpoint audience segments and optimize reach, frequency and ad effectiveness across linear and streaming television.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By News Reporter
      Multinational Tech Company’s USD 1 Million Innovation Challenge Invites
      Innovative Minds Worldwide to Step Forward with Ideas for People and the Planet

SEOUL, Sep. 6, 2022 — LG Electronics (LG) announces that its first LIFE’S GOOD AWARD is now under way. The entry period is open from Sep. 6 through Oct. 10. Announced at CES® 2022, the LIFE’S GOOD AWARD seeks to uncover innovative solutions aligned with LG’s goal of creating a Better Life for All. A total of USD 1 million will be granted to help accelerate the development of the winning submissions.
      Envisioning a sustainable world where Life’s Good for the planet and all its inhabitants, LG continues to pursue eco-minded solutions and ideas for a greener environment and develop user-centric products and services that provide access to convenient, valuable and novel experiences for everyone.
      The LIFE’S GOOD AWARD marks a significant step in LG’s sustainability journey, helping to spread the company’s Life’s Good message around the world. In addition to carrying out its own sustainable practices, the company is now inviting like-minded individuals and groups to step forward with their unique ideas to help build a Better Life for All.
      The LIFE’S GOOD AWARD asks entrants to submit their original and marketable solutions relating to Innovation for the Planet, which targets solutions for environmental health, or Innovation for People, which centers on ideas that can enrich daily life through prioritizing safety, usability and accessibility. True to its philosophy of open collaboration, LG looks forward to working closely with budding innovators. Submissions can be made at the
      link hidden, please login to view, where applicants can also find full details and conditions for entry. “The LIFE’S GOOD AWARD encapsulates our philosophy of innovation and our belief that the road to a better future can only be paved if we all come together,” said William Cho, CEO of LG Electronics. “We look forward to seeing people’s innovative ideas for a better society and healthier environment, and to provide our support and encouragement in their realization.”
      LG is bringing together respected academics from a diverse range of environment and social industries to support its own executives on the award’s judging panel, which has been dubbed the Life’s Good Committee. Judging panel members include Alex Edmans, a professor at London Business School who won the Financial Times Best Business Books of 2020 and the Financial Times award for Excellence in Sustainable Finance Education, Christopher Marquis, a professor at Cambridge Judge Business School and the 2021 Axiom Business Book Awards gold medalist in the Business Ethics Category, and Hyun S. Shin, a professor at the Hanyang Business School and a director of Collective Impact Center at Hanyang University.
      “Application of knowledge for the alleviation of real-world problems is what every scholar aims for,” said Marquis. “LG has given us a powerful platform to do that. The LIFE’S GOOD AWARD leverages LG’s resources to gather round budding innovators, entrepreneurs, academics and business professionals and is a compelling example of how a company can make a genuine impact to better lives.”
      LG has joined hands with B Lab Korea, a non-profit with expertise in measuring and certifying the social impact of businesses to ensure that all entries submitted for the LIFE’S GOOD AWARD are evaluated using relevant impact metrics.
      The entries will be thoroughly evaluated in the first screening, and those with the highest marks will go through a second screening carried out by a judging panel composed of selected LG executives and renowned scholars presiding in leading academic institutions. The three finalists will be announced at CES® 2023, and will present to the judging panel in a final pitch session in January. The first-place winner (Grand Prix) will be awarded USD 700,000 in prize money, and the second (Silver) and third place (Bronze) will receive USD 200,000 and USD 100,000, respectively.
      Innovators worldwide can refer to the for more details. To keep up with the latest news and developments from LG’s inaugural innovation challenge, stay tuned to .
      # # #

• By GiovanniG
      Hi, today I've lost about 8 hours trying find out how to open an rtsp of an IP camera into a new 65" OLED TV, which is updated to the latest FW. Tons of apps for IPTV but none of them is able to open a working/tested RTSP, also including it into a playlist m3u file. Nobody in this world has thought to display an RTSP on a LG TV? Looks unbelievable.

I've read a bout "webOS Signage and LG" but no ide how to implement it, install it, nowhere it is described.
      I need to display an rtsp stream on LG tv, I have the chance only woth an external device by HDMI or DLNA? That's a shame..
      Thank you for help
    • By News Reporter
      LG SIGNATURE ambassador Olivia Palermo, a household name in the fashion and beauty world as well as the ultimate authority when it comes to sophisticated living, shares her philosophy on what makes true luxury living.
      Palermo thinks luxury living must never come at the expense of functionality and avoids lifestyle products that, although pleasing to the eye, lack the comfort and convenience people deserve in 2022. Hence her long-established relationship with LG SIGNATURE – a brand synonymous with refined aesthetics and outstanding performance – was always written in the stars.
      Read on to discover how Olivia Palermo is elevating her lifestyle through LG SIGNATURE’s latest devices and appliances with both luxury and comfort in mind, and receive some insightful, inspirational words about her upcoming beauty projects, thoughts on sustainable tech and go-to fashion tips for a fabulous entrance.

How have you been lately?
      Like most people, I have been through highs and lows. I was so happy to be in Paris for the Haute Couture shows recently, it finally feels as if things are really getting back to ‘normal.’ I have also managed to have a couple of short breaks in Europe with my husband, and it really feels so good to be able to travel again. But on the flipside, I miss my dog, Mr. Butler every day. He was my companion and best friend for 16 years and I still struggle to believe he is no longer with us.
      What are you most interested in right now?
      I am really focusing on the day-to-day business of Olivia Palermo Beauty and of course my continuing work with LG SIGNATURE. I have always said so much of my creative inspiration has come from being in different cultures and countries and seeing how stylish people dress. So finally being back out there is amazing, it’s a creative overload!
      You’ve been an LG SIGNATURE ambassador for a while now. What values can you say you share with the premium brand?
      The LG SIGNATURE philosophy of Style and Sustainability really resonates with me and was definitely one of the reasons that made it so interesting for us to be able to work together. The Fashion Industry has had to work really hard to improve its environmental footprint and there is still much work for all of us to do but I do think that really taking care of the clothes that we value so that they last and can be enjoyed by a new owner when we have maybe tired of them is something we can all do. The LG SIGNATURE Washer and Dryer makes these efforts super easy. Its diagnostics can weigh the fabric to use the most efficient amount of detergent and water and the delicate program means pretty much everything can be cleaned at home. Most of us know we need to do better when it comes to sustainability, so it really helps when products such as the LG SIGNATURE range make that effortless for us and also look super stylish.

What do you think of the LG SIGNATURE lineup based on your experience?
      All of the LG SIGNATURE products that I have experienced are the best in their category. They are intuitive, have cutting-edge technology, and give you all the options you could possibly require without being over-complicated to use. And they look amazing, so you are happy to have them on display.
      What bears the greatest significance when decorating a home?
      Apart from my art pieces which only have to be beautiful, I expect everything to do its job properly. There is no point in having a couch that looks incredible but is not comfortable to sit on. This is where LG SIGNATURE has been so smart, their products perform amazingly, but they also look great.

Do you like keeping up with the latest technologies? If so, is there a technology you’re particularly interested in these days?
      In recent times, I have felt that I just can’t keep up with technology, some things seem to change so fast. When I think about what changes there have been over the last 10 years, it blows my mind and of course, my phone can do so many things that I don’t even know about! But, what is truly amazing is how technology is going in such a sustainable direction, brands are developing products that help all of us make better choices. Refrigerators you don’t have to open to see what is inside, washers that use less water and protect your garments to last longer.
      Congratulations on the 1-year anniversary of ‘Olivia Palermo Beauty.’ What does this milestone mean to you?
      Anyone who has their own business will tell you how thrilled they are to get through the first year. It is a milestone of course, but we are still very much at the beginning of this adventure, and there is so much to do. We are on track with our plan and I am so excited for the second year.
      Your Instagram pictures from John Legend’s LG SIGNATURE X LVE wine party and fashion shows were a hit with fans. Do you have any styling tips for attending glamorous events?
      It’s no secret that I am very last minute with deciding what to wear to events, it really depends on my mood. But some key tips are; Think about what the event is – Will you be mostly sitting or standing, eating or not. You want to look your very best, but you have to be comfortable. You cannot look amazing if you don’t feel good. A restricted corset-type top is not great if you are sitting all evening, and crazy high heels are a no-no if you will be standing and dancing all night. Accessories can really make a difference which may be a statement piece of jewelry or a perfect little clutch. And finally, a little Runway Red or Poppy on your lips will complete any look for that big night out!
      Any tips for keeping fine garments in pristine condition, like a party dress or a cashmere sweater?
      So many garments say ‘Dry clean only.’ When with the right machine, such as the LG SIGNATURE washer and dryer, they can be taken care of at home. The gentle care program means that even my super delicate items made from silk, cashmere and velvet can be cleaned at home which uses way less harmful products and is much better for the environment.

How do you like to relax?
      When we are both at home, we love to have friends come over for an easy, relaxed evening. It’s well known my husband usually cooks but I put together a great selection of cheeses and crudites. I love eating fresh and raw, and the LG SIGNATURE Refrigerator means we can always be prepared. I also really enjoy choosing the best wine choice to go with what we are eating.
      You recently released the ‘Ready for Summer’ video on your Instagram in collaboration with LG SIGNATURE. What is your daily routine to stay healthy and make the most of summer?
      I try to do some exercise each day whether it’s a full workout, a few stretches or a nice walk – it clears my head. It’s also much easier to eat healthily in the summer because salads and fruits are in season and I love al fresco dining.
      What’s next on your bucket list?
      I would love to visit the Maldives. I have heard so much about this region and would love to experience the natural beauty myself. The other place on my list is Seoul! I have traveled extensively in Asia but have never been to Korea. And if I am honest, my obsession with Korean beauty products was definitely one of the reasons I was inspired to start my own beauty business, so hopefully, I will get to see everyone in Korea soon.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view