Quantcast

Magic remote and Sky Plus

Question

Hi all - just purchased a new OLED48CX6LB and looking to use the magic remote to control my sky plus box.   I’ve managed to figure out most controls with the exception of being able to set a programme to record from the planner (the equivalent of pressing R on the sky remote)

is there any way to do this ?

thanks in advance for any help 

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

@Penfold From what I understand, the Sky Plus box  is similar to many older Set-Top-Box PVR boxes, in that they do not fully support HDMI-CEC for proper control of connected devices. This is similar to the Foxtel boxes here in Australia, certainly my old iQ2 box is similar, and I hear that even their new iQ4 box is not fully HDMI-CEC compliant. I saw on  another forum, tha the Sky Q box SHOULD be OK for doing the Record from the TV Guide, but if you cannot get an upgrade deal (threatening to cancel often gets a result), then consider one of those multi-remote gadgets, I hear that the Harmony Remote will cover most requirements. If you DO decide on the Harmony Remote, I think that HDMI-CEC needs to be off on your TV HDMI setings options.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Kedar Nath Padhy
      Hi,
      I bought TV from DUBAI  Model No 43LF631V-TB,where i am not able to change the location ,as well not able addition the software like sony liv and hot star . Kindly help us .
    • By lgoledtv
      After updating to the latest web browser with new user interface on LG C9, subtitles on all streaming websites disappears every 2-3mins.
      Video continues to play without subs. The subtitles will re-appear if I move the magic remote but disappears again after 3mins.
      Should be a widespread issue as it's also happening on Youtube.com videos with subs. Un-related but Play/Stop button on magic remote also stop working on the new browser.

• By Bobs Reviews
      I watch a conservative news channel, channel 138, newsmax, and in the middle of a story commercials pop up and interrupt the story.

I've turned off LG channels plus, and add customization, and that has done no good.  I canceled my cable, and signed up with Hulu to avoid the commercials. Now on top of regular TV commercials LG inserts its own garbage.

I also understand Samsung, and Sony are doing the same thing. My assumption is whoever the IPTV provider is, they are the ones inserting the commercials, and the major TV brands use the same service for all of the TV brands.

This is unacceptable. My future plan is to not buy one of these major branded TVs.  It's not bad enough that we are inundated with commercials on cable, and network TV, now there are inserting commercials on an IP stream.

Disgruntled TV owner, thanks for listening.
    • By Spraoí
      Recently bought an LG Smart TV in Ireland. 43Nano796NE .

There is a button on the remote for Google assistant. Nothing happens when it is pressed. I downloaded the ThinQ app and have paired it to the TV and Google home assistant. I can turn on off the TV via Google and at best turn on Netflix via Google . Just wondering am I missing something else here given the button on the remote doesn't do anything? There is  also a buttonn for opening up Disney plus and that doesn't open up the app. The app button for Netflix and Prime does work. Maybe a first world problem only. Apps for Ireland are not great, would love to be able to download Virgin media player and All Four.
    • By Moon
      How can I set a custom screen saver? Or a group of pictures/videos to cycle through?