Quantcast

Magic remote and Sky Plus

Penfold

Question

Hi all - just purchased a new OLED48CX6LB and looking to use the magic remote to control my sky plus box.   I’ve managed to figure out most controls with the exception of being able to set a programme to record from the planner (the equivalent of pressing R on the sky remote)

is there any way to do this ?

thanks in advance for any help 

1 answer to this question

@Penfold From what I understand, the Sky Plus box  is similar to many older Set-Top-Box PVR boxes, in that they do not fully support HDMI-CEC for proper control of connected devices. This is similar to the Foxtel boxes here in Australia, certainly my old iQ2 box is similar, and I hear that even their new iQ4 box is not fully HDMI-CEC compliant. I saw on  another forum, tha the Sky Q box SHOULD be OK for doing the Record from the TV Guide, but if you cannot get an upgrade deal (threatening to cancel often gets a result), then consider one of those multi-remote gadgets, I hear that the Harmony Remote will cover most requirements. If you DO decide on the Harmony Remote, I think that HDMI-CEC needs to be off on your TV HDMI setings options.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Phil7108
      We recently subscribed to Paramount Plus to catch up on episodes we lost when our COX CONTOUR DVR died. Frequently when streaming an episode,the playback will suddenly freeze. If we try to go back, using the "undo" key, we can sometimes get the playback to resume, but it has rewound abp=out 10 minutes. After resuming playback, it will frequently freeze again. My wife is so frustrated, she wants to cancel Paramount. Any suggestions appreciated!
    • By Colin Herdman
      Can you tell me if this TV can be used with an lg magic remote and if so what model and how do you set it up
      Thanks
    • By Sandy8100
      Alexa installed correctly on    32lq63 TV. 
      remote that came with to does not appear to have a microphone. How do I control Alexa?
      Simple instructions for a simple person please !

• By SMKoch
      I've had an LG OLED65C9PUA for years and have never had this problem until very recently.
      Now every time I try to use the voice command to enter a search sequence, the "SPEAK NOW" activates and shuts off within half a second. It doesn't matter how I activate the voice command function or what app I'm using that has the function built in. Such as YouTube or even the Web Browser or whether I activate the voice search with the onscreen microphone icon or the microphone key on the remote. All voice command attempts shut down within half a second. There isn't even time enough for anything said to be recognized or even "not recognized".
      Fresh batteries have no effect on the problem. Turning the TV off and back on has no effect on the problem. Removing and replacing the batteries has no effect on the problem. Reregistering the remote to the TV via the extended holding of the GUIDE button has no effect.
      How do I restore the voice command function for the remote?
    • By PAPat
      I can’t find/get the paramount plus app on my OLED55B6P tv. Help! Thanks to DIRECTV that’s how,I have to watch the Super Bowl.