Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Penfold

Magic remote and Sky Plus

Question

Hi all - just purchased a new OLED48CX6LB and looking to use the magic remote to control my sky plus box.   I’ve managed to figure out most controls with the exception of being able to set a programme to record from the planner (the equivalent of pressing R on the sky remote)

is there any way to do this ?

thanks in advance for any help 

1 answer to this question

@Penfold From what I understand, the Sky Plus box  is similar to many older Set-Top-Box PVR boxes, in that they do not fully support HDMI-CEC for proper control of connected devices. This is similar to the Foxtel boxes here in Australia, certainly my old iQ2 box is similar, and I hear that even their new iQ4 box is not fully HDMI-CEC compliant. I saw on  another forum, tha the Sky Q box SHOULD be OK for doing the Record from the TV Guide, but if you cannot get an upgrade deal (threatening to cancel often gets a result), then consider one of those multi-remote gadgets, I hear that the Harmony Remote will cover most requirements. If you DO decide on the Harmony Remote, I think that HDMI-CEC needs to be off on your TV HDMI setings options.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.