Tv colors going blue

Question

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

@mohanad Ibrahim  From what I can see so far, the cause is that the Vestel manufactured LED backlight strips turn blue after some time, and can then fail completely. These are what produces the w

2 answers to this question

@mohanad Ibrahim 

From what I can see so far, the cause is that the Vestel manufactured LED backlight strips turn blue after some time, and can then fail completely. These are what produces the white brightness behind the coloured pixel leds.
These were supplied to MANY TV manufacturers for a time, so many brands and models may get this.

If you are from the UK, you might be able to claim on the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (the item must be fit for purpose for 6 years).
See: for background.

See this site for replacements, but be warned, the TV will need a very complex strip-down to get at the screen internal "guts" where these bars are that will need replacing (see the Youtube video - you will need some good expertise and care to do it). The parts are around £65, more for genuine LG, so could easily be £150 - £250 plus for an TV tech to do it.
BARS:

TYPICAL HOW-TO:

link hidden, please login to view

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By rologoetz
      Hi, just bought a new LG OLED and pretty fast noticed that I`ve now chance to change the wallpapers ?!?

Really pretty strange - even the smallest smartphone offers such a feature. The TV has enough USB interfaces - why is it not able to customize this by an own set of pictures ?

Can`t be that big rocket science to implement this , especially for such an expensive device this should be a standard feature !!!

Or did I  miss something in the settings of the TV ? 
    • By slee
      I bought a new webos lg tv. I like the style, integration and simplicity of it. Only I miss one feature that I would expect on a new smart TV and that is a picture-in-picture (pip) feature. I understand that's a new platform for tv and some features are still new or in development.
      I hope this feature would be on an future update. Could we make a request on the development team of LG?
    • By Jeff Stevens
      The PIP when the listings are up.  This only seems to work on HDTV channels.  Why?
    • By michaelbr
      I just signed up with Amazon ES to try out their video services (VOD), according to their site, some videos have several spoken languages and subtitles, I'm trying to setup Spanish language with Spanish subtitle, so in the setting of my Prime Video, I put spoken language 1 Spanish, 2 English, did the same with my TV set (LG 49UK6200PLA), when I play the video, it plays in English instead of Spanish, is this normal? When displaying the summary of the video, the language shows the video has Spanish, and should be selected when playing video, but my remote does not have a button to choose other languages (I remember in an old TV there was a button on the remote to change spoken language if provided by the video). Are different spoken languages available in Amazon Spain? Sorry for this long post.
    • By Shantanu
      Shifted base from UAE to India, how does one change the country to India? I am not able to install the hotstar app on my OLED55B7V