Question

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

@Freewheelin37 The TV browsers are not really designed for  "fully functioning" web browsing and password management (none have a proper "password manager" as far as I know). They are really for casual browsing only. They have never been designed to be "PC Replacements" although many people try to use them like that, and are dissapointed when they find that they cannot download and update "apps" and browsers like a PC or phone can. Some owners even ask if they can upgrade the TV's memory!

The best way to use your Internet Web accounts, is to use your PC/Laptop, download a GOOD browser like Firefox, that has an EXCELLENT password manager built in, and will even detect password fields for new accounts setups, and suggest very secure random password strings, that you can save for every account, (and once saved you can edit any via an excellent User interface (UI )). Logging into any of thos accounts will automatically bring up the correct user name and login (even if on seperate pages for most sites).

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Anurag Rathi
      When I am trying to play premium content on hotstar, it is showing me the playback error. Please resolve this. In other devices it is working perfectly. I have raised this to hotstar they asked me to raise it to TV manufacturer. Attach is the screenshot of the issue.

• By mayhemfiasco
      Is it possible to access Live playback, i.e. pause, rewind live TV with a universal remote, not using the LG magic remote?
      I have an LG 65" OLED B8 and use a Logitech Harmony 650 remote  - can't use the magic remote as a universal remote as my sound runs through an AV receiver connected via the toslink input on the TV, not HDMI., so no Simplink/CEC. 
      Live playback is working fine (recording to hard drive ok) and I would swear that when I set up the Logitech remote it was able to pause and rewind live TV just using the Play/Pause/Rewind  buttons on the harmony remote no problem, but when I tried it recently it wouldn't work. Nothing in my set up has changed. Has something changed with webOS??
      I've check the Harmony setup is correct and if I bring up the live playback scroll bar with the magic remote, then the buttons on the Logitech work perfectly so I don't think it's a Logitech Harmony problem.
      The only thing I can't figure out is how to get the harmony remote to bring up the Live Playback display, without using the magic remote.  I also find that shaking the magic remote to get the pointer doesn't work very well, so I have to move the scroll wheel to get the pointer, which changes the channel, so I'd rather avoid it altogether (I also feel like I used to be able to bring up the magic remote pointer by clicking the scroll wheel, but that doesn't work any more either. Did I imagine it?)
      Any suggestions on a button function I can program on the Harmony to bring up the Live Playback display, or better yet restore the ability to just press Play/Pause/Rewind on the Harmony and it works without needing the Live Playback scroll bar to be displayed first?
      Apologies if I haven't explained my issue properly. i've never had a problem with my OLED before ( I love it!) so am a first time poster. any ideas?
    • By Vadim Kostylev
      Recently been having issues with amazon app loading slow or not at all, decided to uninstall, went to lg store and its not coming up
      Any Idea? I also noted during issues amazon updated app version

Webos 2.0 55UB850V
    • By Michał Jurczuk
      Is there any music app like Spotify, Tidal, Google Music, anything? How can I stream for example from my phone?
    • By Tanni
      My Lg TV which has the smart functions and magic remote is playing up. 
      I often use web browser or you tube or similar apps to watch videos etc. 
      Recently however, it keeps crashing and displays a message to the effect that the memory in the app is low or it need to close to free up more memory? 
      My TV is less then 2 years old and is doing this. I love the telly and the smart features especially the web browser function, however this recent issue is making me think about the longevity of such LG smart TVs and whether I should've spent a few hundred more and got another telly. 

Please can someone advise what I can do to fix this as it takes away the whole point of smart TV. 
      Thanks