Quantcast

Uninstalling apps downloaded and installed on an older LG Smart TV

Question

I installed a few apps trying to get Casting to work that didn't work properly and I can't find anyway to uninstall them. My TV doesn't seem to have edit mode perhaps because I have had it a few years (pre-2018 some when- possibly its 10 years old or more as I can't remember when I got it). Anyone know how I can uninstall them? 

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

@AspieMum It has to be enabled by holding (pressing) the scroll wheel for a couple of seconds, after selecting the app of interest, until you see it change and rise a bit (OR the OK if not a magic remote). Do you NOT see the icon with  the 3 forward slashes, like in the article below?

link hidden, please login to view

Edited by td47
Minor clarification

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Gargamel
      This bug appeared with new browser. 

when you load a page, you could move the focus between HTML elements by arrow keys on remote. 

But now, arrow keys doesnt fire any keypress events until you click the page first

before , i could use the website with just arrows, now i first have to activate mouse pointer and click the page, then i can start using arrow keys
    • By fillysun
      Summer Day is coming!! Currently DRmare Software is holding a party to give free gift to all users. Just join and get a free and cool summer gift there. By the way, you can get larger discount in DRmare to buy the tool you want. For more details, please visit: 
      link hidden, please login to view
    • By Tanni
      My Lg TV which has the smart functions and magic remote is playing up. 
      I often use web browser or you tube or similar apps to watch videos etc. 
      Recently however, it keeps crashing and displays a message to the effect that the memory in the app is low or it need to close to free up more memory? 
      My TV is less then 2 years old and is doing this. I love the telly and the smart features especially the web browser function, however this recent issue is making me think about the longevity of such LG smart TVs and whether I should've spent a few hundred more and got another telly. 

Please can someone advise what I can do to fix this as it takes away the whole point of smart TV. 
      Thanks 
    • By Joy
      2021 lg up7000, apps icon does not open apps, just error no content available. Went to login, several times, entered password and screen jumps back to login options page? Brand new tv, accessed apps previously, clueless. Thanks
    • By Боката
      some one know  how to how to mirror screen on tv LG 55UN73003LA from android phone ?